Final position and points prediction thread

SNSUN

It's still congested in the middle of the table, five points separating 8th and 15th. We have games in hand on all, and a better goal difference on all but WBA, although we have some toughies still to play.

So a simple thread, where do you think we'll finish and on how many points?

I have us as finishing 10th on 45 points, goal difference ahead of Bournemouth. (Leicester 8th over WBA)

It's still congested in the middle of the table, five points separating 8th and 15th. We have games in hand on all, and a better goal difference on all but WBA, although we have some toughies still to play.

So a simple thread, where do you think we'll finish and on how many points?

I have us as finishing 10th on 45 points, goal difference ahead of Bournemouth. (Leicester 8th over WBA)

I am sorry Puel but bottom half is not acceptable so step up to the mark or move on....

Either you are good enough or not and I fear not. Push sentimentality to one side - good enough or not !

Was listening to Klopp who spoke very well about us, but was surprised we had only 41 points. A poor return, firepower has let us down. Think we'll finish bottom half 12th. Hull game showed that were safe and players were on holiday.

I am sorry Puel but bottom half is not acceptable so step up to the mark or move on....

Either you are good enough or not and I fear not. Push sentimentality to one side - good enough or not !

He didn't ask you about puel, that is on another thread hth

9th

I think that we could beat Boro and Stoke and nick a point from either Man U or Arsenal so an extra 7 points takes us to 48 !

That should be good enough for 9th or 10th, either way it is top half which is not too shabby !

I just wonder how many more points we would have gained with VVD available for most of the season !

We arent going to go all season without a win over the big 6. So expecting 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss for Liverpool, United and Arsenal games.

+ wins over Boro and Stoke.

10 points, 51 points total and 8th.

Two points per game average is top 6 form so think that is a bit ambitious.

So I think 4 points from boro and Stoke, 3 points from arsenal, Man u and Liverpool (1 win 2 losses)... So 7 points.

48 points and 9th.

I agree with Milton: 14th with 43 points.

I was just looking at last season's league table again. Not only did we finish 6th with 63 points but we were 16 points and 5 places ahead of Everton and only 3 points behind Man City in 4th place. What has gone wrong since? For starters, most of the personnel changes, both on and off the pitch, seem to have been for the worse.

I agree with Milton: 14th with 43 points.

I was just looking at last season's league table again. Not only did we finish 6th with 63 points but we were 16 points and 5 places ahead of Everton and only 3 points behind Man City in 4th place. What has gone wrong since? For starters, most of the personnel changes, both on and off the pitch, seem to have been for the worse.

It's pretty easy to work out I'd have thought.

We lost our goals. Mane and Pelle.

We lost our CB's in Fonte and VVD.

We had to contend with an insane amount of extra games.

Everton hugely underachieved last season.

47+ points for this season and top half will be a respectable return.

It's pretty easy to work out I'd have thought.

We lost our goals. Mane and Pelle.

We lost our CB's in Fonte and VVD.

We had to contend with an insane amount of extra games.

Everton hugely underachieved last season.

47+ points for this season and top half will be a respectable return.

http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-clubs-ranked-total-games-played-201617-least-most-170428237203?p=14

Six in the number of games played..It's not really an insane amount of extra games though really? 4 more than Liverpool who didn't have Europe, less than Leicester...

http://talksport.com/football/premier-league-clubs-ranked-total-games-played-201617-least-most-170428237203?p=14

Six in the number of games played..It's not really an insane amount of extra games though really? 4 more than Liverpool who didn't have Europe, less than Leicester...

6 more in the sense that they weren't played stupidly early to affect us so it was like an pre-season game.

also add 3 more games with the 2 semifinals and efl cup final.

also add how our games have been postponed and moved to stupid timing leaving us with a period in the season where we played like 3 games in 6 weeks and now we finish with 5 in 2 weeks.

6 more in the sense that they weren't played stupidly early to affect us so it was like an pre-season game.

also add 3 more games with the 2 semifinals and efl cup final.

also add how our games have been postponed and moved to stupid timing leaving us with a period in the season where we played like 3 games in 6 weeks and now we finish with 5 in 2 weeks.

The link contains the total games played including elf etc and we have played only 4 more than Liverpool who haven't even been in Europe..

We are the team which has played the sixth most in the division.

The number of games played is a total red herring to our season IMO and just an excuse used to justify an over rotation of the team which meant we rarely played our best team. Say what you like about Koeman but he prioritised the league and played our best team in the league every week and he was clear that was his priority.

I've thought since before today's result we'd get 7 more points, didn't see one of them coming at Anfield though so this is a bonus.

Personally think we'll take a point from Arsenal and beat Boro and Stoke, not sure where that'll leave us though.

Assuming we finish 8th, would people still claim Puel is a failure? Top 8 and a cup final would be a superb season for Saints in my opinion.

The link contains the total games played including elf etc and we have played only 4 more than Liverpool who haven't even been in Europe..

We are the team which has played the sixth most in the division.

The number of games played is a total red herring to our season IMO and just an excuse used to justify an over rotation of the team which meant we rarely played our best team. Say what you like about Koeman but he prioritised the league and played our best team in the league every week and he was clear that was his priority.

ironically, puel has also played strongest team in the league. he played second string teams in the europa league except for the beer sheva game.

there was hardly any rotation if you excluded the midweek games and vice versa, there wasn't much rotation if you look at our midweek games.

it was almost as if puel was playing two different teams.

ironically, puel has also played strongest team in the league. he played second string teams in the europa league except for the beer sheva game.

there was hardly any rotation if you excluded the midweek games and vice versa, there wasn't much rotation if you look at our midweek games.

it was almost as if puel was playing two different teams.

Fair point, when we were in the Europa league it was like that..once we were out though, he either didn't know his strongest team or he continued to rotate if I remember rightly.

I think we'll finish 8th.

Should beat Boro away, I'll reserve judgement on the three home games. Knowing us, we'll get good results against Arsenal and Man Utd and then lose against Stoke.

Should beat Boro away? I wouldn't count on anything with this team. We should have beaten Hull away. We should have beaten Hull at home. We should have beaten Stoke away. We should have beaten Swansea away... The list goes on and on and on.

I think we'll lose to Arsenal but beat Man Utd. Presuming Boro lose to Chelsea midweek that might end up being tricky in the way Sunderland was for Hull but we should get a point at least. Stoke will be an exhibition game played out to avoid any serious injuries before the summer. Going for a score draw.

So 5 more points and probably 9th.

Does someone know how to get the link to the pre-season predictions on her about where we would finish? Would love to see if people's expectations have been met or exceeded with a cup final thrown in too?

Why would you add that to this thread?

Should beat Boro away? I wouldn't count on anything with this team. We should have beaten Hull away. We should have beaten Hull at home. We should have beaten Stoke away. We should have beaten Swansea away... The list goes on and on and on.

Actually our away record looks quite good. It's the home form that's dreadful.

With Watford losing yesterday, we can finish no lower than 11th place. For what it is worth, the battle for 8th place will be between WBrom, Bournemouth, Leicester, and Saints.

IF West Brom lose away to Man City tonight we will most likely move up to 8th on goal difference without even playing.

I can see Spurs getting a draw at Leicester on Thursday night , so if we could get a point against Man United we'll be 8th going into the final game of the season against Stoke , and as mentioned above Bournemouth and Leicester can't both win on Sunday. Exciting times.

IF West Brom lose away to Man City tonight we will most likely move up to 8th on goal difference without even playing.

I can see Spurs getting a draw at Leicester on Thursday night , so if we could get a point against Man United we'll be 8th going into the final game of the season against Stoke , and as mentioned above Bournemouth and Leicester can't both win on Sunday. Exciting times.

I think that calling it 'exciting' is going a bit far ;)

Bournemouth play Leicester last game so both can't win. 8th place is ours to cap a glorious season

We might be able to sneak 8th by earning just 1 more point, but don't tell Claude... Imagine the scenes on here if we did that, especially if the draw was a 0-0!

We might be able to sneak 8th by earning just 1 more point, but don't tell Claude... Imagine the scenes on here if we did that, especially if the draw was a 0-0!

We would be partying on the streets for weeks. Absolute scenes

Party like its 1888.

:badger::badger::badger::badger:

If West Brom lose tonight (away to Man City, so probable), we go 8th without even playing. Seems as if West Brom have been 8th for decades.

WBA have been determined to give up 8th place - we should definitely thank them.

One win in 10 for them now - LDLLLLDWLL (5 points from last 30 available)