Eric Black - Pack Your Bags

pluto

Not that you should have been allowed on the radio in the first place, but saying a player might leave is a total disgrace.

What a player at Southampton might leave?.... what?..... this has never happened before.....I'm shocked

Surely honesty is what saints fans have been crying out for the last few years?

So he didn't say he might leave at all. Another non story thread. All he said was that he would love to keep Virgil. He's one of the best centre backs in the world. He will have options. It would be a great to keep him.

Has there ever been an assistant manager in our history as unjustifiably unpopular as Eric Black? The bloke has never done a thing wrong but because of some feeble attempt at a 'sting' that completely died out the bloke is seen by some on here as the anti-christ. Get a grip.

Has there ever been an assistant manager in our history as unjustifiably unpopular as Eric Black? The bloke has never done a thing wrong but because of some feeble attempt at a 'sting' that completely died out the bloke is seen by some on here as the anti-christ. Get a grip.

We'd have more issues if we'd reappointed Mick Wadsworth

Don't get me wrong, I know VVD will be in demand this summer, but the way Black phrases those answers doesn't half feel like it's done and dusted already. I guess if you are going to spend £50m you don't do it without a shed load of research and planning, which usually starts six months before the deal is annouced.

I think it is more to do with his track record of perceived serial failure at his previous clubs that has led to the doubters rather than the the 'sting'.

Far from being a drama queen, it’s somewhat embarrassing for Claude Puel that a couple of days earlier he’s saying the club want to keep VVD and then his coach saying he has ‘options to leave’ just days later.

The bottom line is though nobody from SFC should be talking to talksport. Ask any local journalist from the BBC to the Daily Echo and they will tell you how tight it gets being allowed to speak to players and management.

So how this happened is a major lapse in control as you simply don’t feed the tabloid media.

Don't get me wrong, I know VVD will be in demand this summer, but the way Black phrases those answers doesn't half feel like it's done and dusted already. I guess if you are going to spend £50m you don't do it without a shed load of research and planning, which usually starts six months before the deal is annouced.

I'm probably horribly wrong, but I still think he'll be here next season, purely on the basis he's been out injured for so long that I think anyone wanting to spend that level of cash will want to see him back to form - maybe then going in the Jan window!?

Far from being a drama queen, it’s somewhat embarrassing for Claude Puel that a couple of days earlier he’s saying the club want to keep VVD and then his coach saying he has ‘options to leave’ just days later.

The bottom line is though nobody from SFC should be talking to talksport. Ask any local journalist from the BBC to the Daily Echo and they will tell you how tight it gets being allowed to speak to players and management.

So how this happened is a major lapse in control as you simply don’t feed the tabloid media.

Maybe Reed's next masterstroke is to sack Puel and install Black as caretaker manager - think about that for a moment...

Why use quote marks around words he did not use?

• 1 month later...

Being a premier leaguer football coach must be a precarious job. No where near as well paid as the manager/head coach but judged on the manager's performance rather than their own. Just as Black and Plancque were brought in specifically to support Puel, perhaps because, they both spoke French, so it is that the coaching staff often have to give way because a new manager likes to have his own support team. I've no idea how good a coach Eric Black is or whether he is still in post at the moment, but it's not likely to be his fault if he is released. I suppose the radio interview was a little careless because the club line should have been that VVD was under contract having signed on for 6 years. As an employee, Black should not have been speculating about players moving in or out but perhaps he wasn't given adequate guidance by the hierarchy. As for "has he gone? will he stay? will he go?" who knows? but must be likely the new man will bring his own people.

• 3 weeks later...
"Said to be well liked by the players" I thought the Itk'ers said he was hated ?

It was strange how some decided all our problems stemmed from Black being around. I could never understand how a couch would have more influence than the manager.

Perhaps he speaks Spanish as well as French?

Basically he's the Chief Cone Putter Outer. How much influence will he wield when MP2 is bringing he key back room with him?

He won't have much influence when we win, but will have a lot of influence when we lose :)

"Said to be well liked by the players" I thought the Itk'ers said he was hated ?

Adam Blackmore said yesterday that Black is very popular with the players.

I'm guessing Adam isn't getting his info from AR-10...?

pzC9XLZ0rLJN1qhH8ZJO-TREe-_37XfYJ8P2Bne0VbL0ntnDAAXCaKdUGnlQZaXdNLON-GSP0IaKHb0h3dc0sof8qU56rR5YeqxHVYdZ-nP_nGjRgeWu3rijX5GRVzweBxfiljad6JSj-nTuPWnfEehRl26YA2nOUnBiDzz-twa0UjKuMpcDtqm7WzeTm9REmdpnEk6--whsV5CRmdxM9Ij4O1XkGPMVxwdVLJuqXyczAu3gzpP7h56svlcGbDNvPgaSK9LW_xanp9QnZDs8XYLOU6egDeOCJ9lyro8HPW0pEQHycMSzGhzJm-LkM3pr_QVTtH5Su9nDAGvHhN7as-8Q4z5dyvA1qBQhotliTUiFObcv8LHtQ7vVgeaGwNiqkuB-W7ElRN9oUe0MzVAWKx5Agxbay9_bv5I7SCO93YdkXqYySTJ_bTF9IrHB12DLJG-xZWZfFnXvqlCtEItbvJ5GzSiAalbWdmtzVSPnCOMXKG3FWod0UmudmWysobafJPmZ8q1WwKGuPr48YR98cKGuvfTpmtH-eL9v8-bcr1L1vEaBknGyDN0p7-UzoOXGUBwXXaYKjuJa66DjdnsvggPBGInWyFkrayc9LC_FZgjhuemUA2Jsag=w1829-h631-no

YuzvTKwob1w4BviVhss_fns_4sN18SV0g5_WTrxA-EJ7JSLwsTHkATVg52ER2Kbm51E_03uMfJdszGqnnpCM1Tv9ZI-0SRrJ8FQaPXiMtZebCLBXXc7RkDoXgG5bIjT_dIhKaryhyHMM5fvn3jX308RL_QlzTPbqjzI-C1EpvKCqQvBqnZMSvDbdOGsbwdsp-0Qd9TdzR9WR9mnmLeLnL8kjxhgyPWVw8zZaWih9AafiSFPgrvoHyAs3TzlawProYCRhZVhJpqERgfiwS-9r1IO5lQXKIX5MzzZpvB3BXywML7fdKbeND3zqBq4MfmRRNFe9pwNwa8r0TdhvepANvp07xigkZuF-sp5PphKCgOYupp1LV5rxzJ8OosRELAiGsIjgiWoEqqS7xjpSsMwOJsmQ3qX2P4f2F5Oct_e6AijmLQSA9sO5zE5PoSUnmR2V6-PXBvsIYcfySu3iXcawdWYFmMFvW7E_uvt-E02E1VHAEj7YX2z_foW2xFiiEa-AifBRD7F0PQOslmPfbldG9L18l1jRevon-yb-AZRn26pDbyk1iX9lTskIJvDo4dF8_aA_tf2hMC3Sf3FD1dh3sLzZFIqnwzkvz-mOgBRqMTNl6OU10yR1LQ=w1831-h483-no

Tov-i_ys1ZyJUPVKJ0VuMnTVjW-Oxf_ghsd_R22bl37HcDI8Udn5z49Z-gCnV2khyx9Aw31RCk8NWESv4vQ9YcuGSulfWpSYmVABlicqhsjsARCIdLu2zQP5B1XKRzMfhQy8Tbz6cUBi9B4frJpOr2Joh2Bk-i3qATqSByFG721paiN02UDh8k_-5WdWKILHPAM6D6uxvZkafmgeXlOrXvBDcHiNE80lhRBSiOAz9MC4Fi6rf_gl6BOut0-3B_Is3ou2MYQDwow6VZ3e9Ett2hfEvTF_sV_9K6pv4WD31YTfaFHlvRAOo7XRjgdUZ_5OUBiuX3FS1wpRqYXHjcsIbognlUWVPO2z60xX_Q_10XVPA69sOzSfxASiA9o5K58r3FNe1_ACpEmXoDFmlt5SlK5XAVgy22OKipF-LvSDForpKkg2cnWSUfYgaGmt0F_I87v0YXpRWsSAk6ZaK9ed9V6kHG3pnIwP4Znq9Nnpd9CJPTbBDAEUsx9N-rjboAwZqTai_RJCx9phel6cS6aYibvkkPYIyGyU5Jjv9l_yazgI3GgBbKQQBGGFAjW6NA07msOHgk_bWqtXhN3iNGWunIPWaIJT-TM4t70_e4TeHnNNddg9PA=w1829-h365-no

b2TEE6u2efop1JFNl4kD3LZIPy8qWmzkVTVWW0rPenDtSg9dnO0JId-jhJ6IUGcHIs6l7S67kDJUcUTt9UMSjJPJiZfE8_OSAKcfInOEzZVrKRj6FJoqvJCfNjyf4mkdoeqGO8-EuvEB_6Zul8WGlHdtdlH3SGMgetFp8GxhRZEjc-lbEM0uBMa7X_-0_UGtIX8gIAYq5ZKh0_Sxb658zwwwdkbNLq1mv1aLkVjRReBoCszDy3S3d00s7XYcjnQErfzZ_oAJLM_aR4-G3tP8vDSJNXbcyjQlpE8_GNrZNWdApAZZGKsXCA-jsrrj62uWrAaxdLLvmHcM9yyobVCxEC5zL8fxX9-_wULEUqT9wQc3RqOiHS9SY3m7LFdDMxg5HB90Ep1rv8hFUPMFyJgerZmgl1RDx0ZWsnkOxVSJ_OkULPlQ0rltedxKKnE72OrF0p_keRVLFxf8Oyx5v_XEceapLz_awzjxbB6laqTomsDWCDuTyTtlTeNttL3kGy9FgTGvL8CDUYb3pnyK0hky-SMfD_zAS7UFARdiKNRf0WVcrdYfSrLtbNRL1s7Es5ixDNlJBX9r8it7sOM9U1pPJzGfb3KEzlngIc-t5rBnyf4fLvwYZw=w1838-h225-no

OUcLmYFpeh7LoYAvxZTVPYdjOB52C5m_RCHpVICg_UfOYnTNdTyT3QmrdQMIDWm8CM4THU42Z_-nxijMRYhgWcJUMCxQD1IkapSSUT7_ZpQVk6LkIpIaw6M_pq_9XwpG4ZPFRhzgrXpxFVq3iTftcVRRWe7vwMhK8edkQ3ZCy-m_pvog6E4pZ3WKUJAf5iwjDT9c1z9oTkXDFzm4iqVe_EwC5ux-EFBNSzLi6vw9hBwtQkRmD_rNsl-2QotQDzSU6lyh5nRPE4pQPpKxA40aNw3XcR4U-4LcItH0OG74gAH7Z7lca3kQGWy0ulow_uScndm9KXG2byw1WyeVV-cW9cviEaSDpRI0yeXSPOmiuluBMGzlNpLGxcO3f3vfksgH-fEnlJle-_Jmil_HnThX0Hbm9o81WJaSDZbwTXu08zy8bAL8cpekCPAbvRR7yevoXtjweiMloljvzKkf7g4MnLP9-B5jZNJt5HUn9ctinMW2EwxovWWskkhyw92iCPpFMFr3aGgwceeuSA1GCfVUUaG4NYc8cmtadMg-G9DaRwg9BK7dZBRCQh7DDZIqt42Vbyy_C_B_RyEf0d5pMzFh8S4Jf-DuJksDkPhHllsLoj_BNyx3RQ=w1832-h288-no

'Familiarity' is never a god thing when you have dissatisfied with the previous familiar....

I would want to know how much influence Black actually had last year because if he had any at all he should be gone too. It can only be disruptive to have previous ideas and doctrine hanging around from last year.

The fact that the players allegedly like him is also not an advantage in any way. Let the new manager bring his own management style unhindered by past incumbencies.

Bad idea IMO

But what about all the 'ITK'ers claiming the players despise him and 'he was trouble wherever he went' ?! :lol:

This:

Never understood all the bile and hate directed by certain folk at Eric Black. Seems Southampton F.C. have a high opinion of him............

The only worry is, as others have said, there is a hangover from the previous regime which taints the new ideas that MP will implement. However, if the new manager is happy to keep Black as part of his coaching staff then so am I.