saint lard

Administration and points deduction...

:mcinnes:

Out of the 92 clubs in the country

2016/17 Southampton 10th out of 92 - with Puel

2008/09 Southampton 44th out of 92 - admin & points deduction

and...

2016/17 Portsmouth 69th out of 92 - cue mass celebrations from the Skates

Some good days out but overall boring. The amount of times the stands have been half empty at the end of a match says everything you need to know about the lack of entertainment. At some point the board may remember that football is something that should entertain on some level. It is really not just about winning for fans of clubs like saints but we do expect committed performances and having a go. Many of the good moments this season saw us lose too like the San Siro and Wembley trips. Wouldn't swap them for the world but they weren't successes.

C-

Significant room for improvement

Horrendous football and Puel is excruciatingly dull.

But worse than league 1 and points deduction..... Nah

He said the worst since admin and points deduction. Really don't see much to argue with there. It is, by far. We may be 10th currently, but the lack of goals, excitement, entertainment, wins at home, players with flair and passion, manager with lack of imagination, passion or personality and a board who seemingly care not a jot means it is really very poor. Something needs to change soon and drastically.

Puel is up there with Brandfoot

Really? Puel may be getting the team playing boring football and the majority of the supporters would wish him replaced, but no way is it up with the level of vitriol directed at Branfoot. I remember all the protests and season ticket holders in the West Stand gathered round the directors box giving the directors serious grief. McMenemy turned up as director of football and Branfoot was gone the following week.

Agree that we were bound to backwards this season, but my view is that Puel has not got the best out of this bunch of players, and the football is SO boring

You can all sit there and hapyt clap yourselves into an internet induced frenzy, but the op is correct. Every season since admin we have improved, this year we have gone backwards.

I agree. Obviously the day we went into Admin with points deduction was a dark day, but since Markus saved us, everything has been pretty rosy since.

In terms of position of course it's not as bad as being n L1 (we'll maybe not true as we had a very ambitious owner and chairman) however, in terms of enjoyment, performances and value for money it is.

What a difference a year has made to our Club. Consistently poor decsions from the top have resulted in a surprisingly rapid decline. I remember the feeling of absolute elation in May last year and couldn't wait for this season to begin. Then Les Reed got to work, alienating staff both on and off the pitch, getting rid of the best ones and wasting the money on poor replacements.

I understand the OP, every season since Admin and -10 has been a step up, cheers, but this season has been a step back. Sorry to see the Liebherrs ending on a poorer note. Now that it has turned I am afraid new owners may take us down the slippery slope.

No, it doesn't need moderating as it's the only forum on the internet that doesn't have any trolls or wind up merchants

Ahhhh yes, of course, how remiss of me not to notice. Going from strength to strength, this place.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...
What a difference a year has made to our Club. Consistently poor decisions from the top have resulted in a surprisingly rapid decline. I remember the feeling of absolute elation in May last year and couldn't wait for this season to begin. Then Les Reed got to work, alienating staff both on and off the pitch, getting rid of the best ones and wasting the money on poor replacements.

Another year, the poor decisions from the top continue and the decline accelerates. I'm surprised that anyone is surprised and even more surprised that anyone still thinks that Reed will spend the money wisely on good replacement managers and players.