'The Southampton Way'

SKD

Good question.....not sure I know the answer. We have a £50 million rated centre half that we are about to cash in. He was not a loss in quality in comparison to Lovren and Alderweireld when he came in. He was already quality, Chris Sutton was raving about him at the time we signed him and it was not luck. I am inclined to say the Southampton Way is a bit of myth, like the Black Box.....it's a slogan, useful for marketing but not much more. The club is run as a business and buying and selling as we have done is risky...I worry about us next year.

'The Southampton way' jesus listen to some of yourselves. It's PR ********. There isn't a Southampton way, we are nothing special and never will be. Get over yourselves with these delusions of grandeur.

Clearly you haven't read the posts above :mcinnes:

Have we lost this under Puel or is Puel an example of it (lose quality, replace with cheap unknown and hope to get lucky)?

We came up with Fonte, Hooiveld, Martin and Seaborne as our centre halves. Not to mention Guly, Lee, De Ridder, Fox, Connolly and Butterfield. I think we've done okay replacing players.

The #WEMARCHON was brought in the year we sold lambert, lallana etc (I believe at least) and it stuck given the ongoing improvement we made despite a couple of summers of selling players. Having gone backwards a bit, it doesn´t really fit so well now.

Isn't the point of #wemarchon that sometimes we will go backwards, personnel will change but the goal always remains the same?

So I think it is more relevant now than when we are doing well?

'The Southampton way' jesus listen to some of yourselves. It's PR ********. There isn't a Southampton way, we are nothing special and never will be. Get over yourselves with these delusions of grandeur.

I love the aggression in all of your posts, keep it up :lol:

As for 'the Southampton way', of course it's PR bull****. You'd be stupid to think otherwise, however, as we keep getting told about it, I thought I'd ask the question.

I guess the real Southampton way is the way Les see's it. So that's the question.. does he see it as attacking entertaining football football, with the introduction of academy players, or does he see it as a profit making machine who thrive on buying cheap and selling high.

I'd say it's probably them both in all honesty.

I thought "The Southampton Way" was 4-3-3 played at every level throughout the club, the premise being that players from the lower age groups could slot seamlessly into the next level team. At least that's what I thought Uncle Les laid out. In which case, yes, it has been ditched.

**** me, we're in danger of becoming as deluded as West Ham fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think anyone here is deluded but whenever I hear that slogan, it makes me cringe because it's exactly what WHU fans drivel on about all the time - and I've yet to meet a single WHU fan that knows what their 'way' is!

West Ham used to have 'a way' but that was in the days of Bobby Moore, Martin Peters and Geoff Hurst and then there was the Trevor Booking era and these were old fashioned footballing gentlemen who grew up with one club and stayed with one club. Hammers have completely lost that way and are now the exact opposite, no wonder fans don't know what the 'way' is or was. As for our 'way', I am puzzled what it ever was, selling for profit is about all we are famous for.