Saints 0 Man Utd 0 - Buildup, Match and over-reactions Thread

Heisenberg

If I could count the number of times you've said that this season...!

What, that we'd beat Stoke? ;)

I'm just trying to be positive. This second half has been a good performance, and we have created some decent chances. Their keeper has made some good saves.

Erm try again, ward prowse was a huge attacking threat. Boufal often negates any threat by wasting possession.

Quite. Jwp was excellent. Makes no difference to the automatic substitutions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What, that we'd beat Stoke? ;)

I'm just trying to be positive. This second half has been a good performance, and we have created some decent chances. Their keeper has made some good saves.

No, you've predicted that we'd beat a lot of teams on the basis of performances where we haven't gotten results. Appreciate the positivity but we can't continue to make excuses for our lack of goals. It's been the same excuse since August.

News just in. Stoke tickets come with free pro plus to keep you awake

if you keep posting the same sentiments every 2 minutes I reckon it'll sink in before the end of the game if you're lucky...

So what logic does Puel use for player selection decisions?

Boufal has been woeful (see what I did there?) and yet he still gets to come on and give the ball away continuously !

Bringing on Rodriguez over Austin and taking of JWP in one of his better games are both objectively poor decisions.

So what logic does Puel use for player selection decisions?

Boufal has been woeful (see what I did there?) and yet he still gets to come on and give the ball away continuously !

Think we have enough retainers of the ball

We've all been moaning that there needs to be more risk from us to create chances, boufal runs at guys and creates panic in defences but he loses balls a lot in doing so.

But, unfortunately, you can't win if you can't score.

Just our second ever point at home to Man Utd since our return to the Premier League.

They have defended well, which is why I said that if we were playing Stoke, we'd probably be winning.

Just our second ever point at home to Man Utd since our return to the Premier League.

They have defended well, which is why I said that if we were playing Stoke, we'd probably be winning.

Not convinced. Stoke are no slouches at the back.

its not today its the season and how we have played I think the general moaning is about, we want to try and win not keep it tight and nick it, we have played well today but again just can't score

its not today its the season and how we have played I think the general moaning is about, we want to try and win not keep it tight and nick it, we have played well today but again just can't score

Exactly. We've been making the same excuses since August and CP can't change it. We've also seemingly neutered a top striker. Time to go Claude.

Decent second half ruined by terrible subs by Puel - although Boufal was good when he came on, it should have been Redmond who came off as he hadn't been involved much in the second half.

Yep. And JWP is looking very good at the moment. I'd have liked to have seen Austin, not Jay Rod too.

Decent second half ruined by terrible subs by Puel - although Boufal was good when he came on, it should have been Redmond who came off as he hadn't been involved much in the second half.

Spot on. Clueless subs.