We could go 8th tonight

Nordic Saint

Relegation battles are exciting people complaining that this season has been dull would surely rather have an exciting season of battling the drop....no?

You know very well why people are bored = negative style of play at home and chronic Boro-like of goals. Thank God we've been better away otherwise we would have been in the nix for the drop and sounds like the Board also have this concern.

I'm happy with us being mid-table but if Puel stays, a core condition has to be that we get back to the faster moving style at home.

Thankfully we have guys (BIG Les and BIG Ralphy) with real ambition and vision and dont have the saps on here making decisions.

You means the ones who sold Mane, VW and Pelle and didn't properly replace them?

You're right though, thankfully the Puel-out saps here aren't making the decisions.

Almost all of us would have taken 8th and a cup final before the start of a season. Now it seems that isn't enough for some people

Most people are more concerned with the style of play we've seen and the fact that we are closer to relegation zone than we are to 7th place.

Almost all of us would have taken 8th and a cup final before the start of a season. Now it seems that isn't enough for some people

Nothing is good enough for some mate once they have made up their (limited) minds

If Puel goes, the new guy will get it in spades if we don`t win lots, the style horse shyt is just a stick to beat with

That is true, but we do like to see a few goals at home matches. I don't think that is unreasonable.

Youll need to ask R&R as they run the club and they no likey.

In your opinion. You may be correct - either way next season will be very interesting. Realistically we are top of our league, without a whole lot of tangible investment, and keeping our best players, it will be difficult to emulate that next season. As for breaking into the top six - highly unlikely IMHO.

Finishing 8th (hopefully) without Van Dijk and Fonte for half the season?

think i'd have taken that at the start!

Not to mention our top scorer getting injured as well, Mane leaving, Wanyama leaving etc. I would definitely have taken 8th plus EFL final place, if offered at the beginning of the season.

You have promoted Everton already?

Isn't Everton above us though in your level system?

So if Everton are level 3, and we're level 4- then yeah maybe we our top of our league.

Would have liked to have been on 55-60 points tho ideally.

Not to mention our top scorer getting injured as well, Mane leaving, Wanyama leaving etc. I would definitely have taken 8th plus EFL final place, if offered at the beginning of the season.

Would you also have taken most of the squad being unhappy, a pathetic display in Europe and, worst of all, 17 goals scored at home all season?

Would you also have taken most of the squad being unhappy, a pathetic display in Europe and, worst of all, 17 goals scored at home all season?

The home form has been undeniably been pretty limp in terms of attacking effectiveness but I don't buy how the European campaign has suddenly become a "pathetic display". It was a considerably better effort than Koeman managed the previous year and I thought he was now some sort of footballing Messiah? As to the unhappiness or otherwise of the squad, who knows?

The home form has been undeniably been pretty limp in terms of attacking effectiveness but I don't buy how the European campaign has suddenly become a "pathetic display".It was a considerably better effort than Koeman managed the previous year and I thought he was now some sort of footballing Messiah? As to the unhappiness or otherwise of the squad, who knows?

How have you worked that one out? Both fell at the first hurdle (well technically second for Koeman), both pathetic.

As soon as we beat Prague and Inter decided they didn't fancy the EL, we should have won that group. The display against HBS at home and Prague away were appalling, worse than the away performance in Denmark, IMO.

Edited by SKD

The home form has been undeniably been pretty limp in terms of attacking effectiveness but I don't buy how the European campaign has suddenly become a "pathetic display". It was a considerably better effort than Koeman managed the previous year and I thought he was now some sort of footballing Messiah? As to the unhappiness or otherwise of the squad, who knows?

Yeah, I've seen people say ''He got us further in Europe than Koeman'' - but he didn't, it was Koeman that got us to 6th so we had 6 guaranteed games anyway. Still went out at the first possible hurdle this year.

Yeah, I've seen people say ''He got us further in Europe than Koeman'' - but he didn't, it was Koeman that got us to 6th so we had 6 guaranteed games anyway. Still went out at the first possible hurdle this year.

Well fair enough, but I would still say the results achieved in the group stage were a step up from being eliminated against Midtjylland over 2 legs.

Well fair enough, but I would still say the results achieved in the group stage were a step up from being eliminated against Midtjylland over 2 legs.

Two results were, but the 1-0 loss in Prague, 0-0 at Hapoel, 1-1 to Hapoel were equal to the dross served up the season before.

Never quite understood the problem with our recent Europa League meltdowns. It's a strange coincidence and one I hope won't come to haunt us in the coming years.

Pelle's first goal against Vitesse in the play-offs a couple seasons back in a 3-0 home win made for a fantastic afternoon, had such high hopes for our campaign.

But then in the same time I am still haunted by memories of Caulker playing awful long ball against can't remember who. Mitjiland I think it was. Playing three at the back, he was on the right hoofing the ball sky high to nobody upfront. That was the definition of dross.

Not sure what the word is I'm looking for that was missing. Motivation? But then I think we wanted it more than Inter. Fear - were we nervous playing against these teams? Cohesiveness...individual player quality worse, lack of spirit, substitutions....no clue.

If the squad was unhappy I'd be really concerned but is there any concrete evidence of that aside from a few tantrums on the sidelines following substitutions? And yes, I would have taken 8th and a league cup final place even knowing the other things.

Two results were, but the 1-0 loss in Prague, 0-0 at Hapoel, 1-1 to Hapoel were equal to the dross served up the season before.

The San Siro destroyed me. We should've been about 5-0 up before they scored.

Our poor finishing felt like it robbed us of one of the best nights ever.

Incredible to think that our bad finishing has lasted all season long (but they we could still finish 8th).

The Spurs game tonight just illustrated the alarming gulf which has developed between the top 6 and the rest this year. Hope it's not a trend, as the top 6 has been streets ahead of the rest this year.

You can include Everton in that given the gap from 8th to 7th.

Still better than the predictions on here and other sites of 16th or so. I can't believe how many so called fans want us to fail and are so negative, probably the same people who were the first to book their Wembley tickets.

Still better than the predictions on here and other sites of 16th or so. I can't believe how many so called fans want us to fail and are so negative, probably the same people who were the first to book their Wembley tickets.

Who wants us to fail?

The Spurs game tonight just illustrated the alarming gulf which has developed between the top 6 and the rest this year. Hope it's not a trend, as the top 6 has been streets ahead of the rest this year.

Isn't this exactly what Sky and the PL want though the big six and their worldwide army of plastics dominating the league.

The rest of us are just here to make up the weekly cannon fodder for the big boys. Yeah you'll get the occasional anomaly like last season but they wouldn't want that on a regular basis.

If it helps it at least we've done our bit by providing two managers and ten odd players to this seasons top seven....