We could go 8th tonight

Nordic Saint

We just need Man City to beat West Brom by 2 goals tonight to take 8th place. Then 3 points from our last 2 games could be enough to stay there. 4 points would just about make sure if Leicester don't beat Spurs.

It would be our 13th top 8 finish, and 4 consecutive top 8 finishes would be a new club record although we finished in the top 8 in 5 seasons out of 6 in the 80s.

Was only wondering earlier today if we'd ever done four connective top 10 finishes in the top flight. Where did we finish in the 80s that one season outside the top 8?

If we finish top 8, Puel would have done a very solid and stable job. Boarding on "good".

8th and a cup final, I'd have snatched your hand off for that at the start of the season. I couldn't really care less about the style of Football and how boring it is.

Also as an added bonus, Puel has got the best out of JWP as well as handing opportunities to a fair few academy players.

4 top 8 finishes in a row for Saints is something fairly decent for saints to aim for. Sounds better than 3 top 8 finishes in a row and realistically it is what we should be trying to do every season now. Get into the top 8 a progress in the cups. Would be a good achievement after only 5 years back in the top league.

Would be interesting to see where the dugout pioneers would be without his goals,

It would be a look into the future for them

Perhaps Heisenbore might do a breakdown for us

They would have had someone else who would have scored the goals for them, just like how we coped without him....

Who would that have been then?

Whoever they brought, I would assume.

Pretty difficult to say as obviously Lukaku is first choice.

It may have even been Gabbi (They we're supposedly liked at the time we got him). I can bet you that Gabbi would score more goals under Koeman that he would Puel.

Whoever they brought, I would assume.

Pretty difficult to say as obviously Lukaku is first choice.

It may have even been Gabbi (They we're supposedly liked at the time we got him). I can bet you that Gabbi would score more goals under Koeman that he would Puel.

Of course you would say would`nt you based on nothing but your dislike for Puel

Of course you would say would`nt you based on nothing but your dislike for Puel

No, based on watching both managers and comparing styles. Gabbi wouldn't be dropping back to the edge of his own box to get the ball under Koeman. He wouldn't be isolated up front with no one around him. He be on the end of counter attacks.

It's also based on current attacking players such as Long and Tadic who have massively gone backwards under Puel.

It's based on the amount of goals we scored last year compared to this year.

Other than that, you're right mate. Koemans rubbish, he keeps getting lucky with the players he has, he certainly doesn't play to the squads strengths. Same with Poch.

I agree that 8th place (or even 9th or 10th) with a cup final is a good performance for a team of our resources especially with the loss of key players.

I think it would be difficult to let Puel go on the back of that record and I am not even suggesting it.

However, having supported this club for over 40 years, I have to say this is the most BORING season I have ever endured. Admittedly I have only seen home games (live) and unfortunately I missed a few of those but when I look back and realise that the most entertaining premier league game I saw was Crystal Palace then I can understand why many fans and, possibly, players are disenchanted.

For the most part the games I have seen have been turgid and robotic with far too many low points.

There were some high points in the cups (Liverpool, Sparta Prague and Inter Milan) but, apart from those, it has just been hard to watch.

To sum up, the games have been about as exciting as a Claude Puel press conference. It would be harsh to let him go but it would give some hope back.

However, having supported this club for over 40 years, I have to say this is the most BORING season I have ever endured.

That sir is complete and utter rubbish as well you know, Geat sound effect but miles short of reality. We have played some damn good football this year and not always got the rewards our play has deserved sim[ly because of woeful finishing. Did you not see the game Arsenal a week ago? The first half which we bossed was one of the most thrilling high speed inter-passing football contests seen here for many a long year and I have been watching far longer than you.

Spurs beat Leicester on Thursday and we are guarenteed a top 10 finish, as Leicester play Bournemouth on the final day so both couldn't finish above us (assuming Leicester have lost to Spurs).

Spurs beat Leicester on Thursday and we are guarenteed a top 10 finish, as Leicester play Bournemouth on the final day so both couldn't finish above us (assuming Leicester have lost to Spurs).

Technically it wouldn't be, as West Ham can still catch us, although it would need a massive swing in GD (that is if we don't get a result vs. Man Utd).

That sir is complete and utter rubbish as well you know, Geat sound effect but miles short of reality. We have played some damn good football this year and not always got the rewards our play has deserved sim[ly because of woeful finishing. Did you not see the game Arsenal a week ago? The first half which we bossed was one of the most thrilling high speed inter-passing football contests seen here for many a long year and I have been watching far longer than you.

:lol:

What utter tripe, Mr Arsenal.

No, based on watching both managers and comparing styles. Gabbi wouldn't be dropping back to the edge of his own box to get the ball under Koeman. He wouldn't be isolated up front with no one around him. He be on the end of counter attacks.

It's also based on current attacking players such as Long and Tadic who have massively gone backwards under Puel.

It's based on the amount of goals we scored last year compared to this year.

Other than that, you're right mate. Koemans rubbish, he keeps getting lucky with the players he has, he certainly doesn't play to the squads strengths. Same with Poch.

I guess you missed the half of last season were Pelle was isolated with no one around him and dropping deep then.....