Krueger Interview(s)

Dusic

Seems Ralph has invited a few of the chosen lads in for a chat today.

Links below, not looking good for Puel, evasive on Rogers departure, interesting re investment, typical bull re contracts and player exits.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15289665.BIG_INTERVIEW__Ralph_Krueger_on_Saints__future/?ref=mac

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15289641.Puel_s_future_hangs_in_the_balance/?ref=mac

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/05/16/southampton-review-claude-puels-future-need-move-whatever/

I pick out this quote in particular -

“The trading in the last three summers were often out of necessity,”

We were told quite often that we didn't need to sell to buy, but seemingly we did. So what's changed?

Krueger doesn't really say much at all . Lots of words but little substance.

Judging that he avoided saying anything really I feel its just as likely Puel will stay on for another season , especially seeing as Reed is involved in the season review.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

We were told quite often that we didn't need to sell to buy, but seemingly we did. So what's changed?

Zero.

There's nothing different about this summer.

Very strange timing of the interview IMO.

Edited by SuperSAINT

Zero.

There's nothing different about this summer.

Very strange timing of the interview IMO.

He's trying to say that with a majority of potential transfer targets on long contracts, there is no need to sell this summer unlike previous years with players such as Wanyama (1 year) and Mane (2 years), to which one might reply Lallana. Or bull ****.

I think you're being swayed by newspaper headlines. All he says is that at the end of every season, all players and the manager are reviewed. There is nothing untoward or negative in any of this. No news in this. The only news is that Kreuger diverted everyone's attention from the final two games of the season to stand up and say nothing. Aside from review starts next Monday and Reed becomes Vice-Chairman.

I can imagine how this will go

Southampton chairman Ralph Krueger has told The Telegraph that executive director Les Reed will lead an analysis of the campaign once the final two games – against Manchester United tonight and Stoke City on Sunday – have been completed.

Les- Claude I gave you the best midfield in the PL to work with..

Puel - errmmmmm

Les- I let you keep the goal machine that is Jrod instead of sending him out on loan...

Puel -ermmmmm

Les - and you have England's No 1 in goal...

Puel - mmmmm

Les - I just don't understand why didn't finish in the top six

Puel - Au revoir Les

I think you're being swayed by newspaper headlines. All he says is that at the end of every season, all players and the manager are reviewed. There is nothing untoward or negative in any of this. No news in this. The only news is that Kreuger diverted everyone's attention from the final two games of the season to stand up and say nothing. Aside from review starts next Monday and Reed becomes Vice-Chairman.

Exactly. People's see what they want to see. They should actually read. Pulls position will not be decided by league position alone, or style of football alone. He will have had several objectives, and a review will take place. That is all.

We didn't need to sell players to be sound financially but we did need to sell to a)raise the funds to bring in more players to make the squad bigger and, more importantly, b) to stop players running down their contracts.

That's how i interpreted it anyway

The usual fluff.

Actually feel sorry for Puel. I do believe he deserved another season. At least he should be afforded the dignity of seeing the season out before making the change early next week. No point hanging around.

You can't deny that we do have a better squad then 4 seasons ago, do we have a great squad? No, but he's right in saying that we can now cope with injuries/suspensions and not get relegated.

That is a sign of a decent established prem side.

We're building slowly and I have no problem with that!

You can't deny that we do have a better squad then 4 seasons ago, do we have a great squad? No, but he's right in saying that we can now cope with injuries/suspensions and not get relegated.

That is a sign of a decent established prem side. We're building slowly and I have no problem with that!

Its a deeper squad, maybe more quality in total, but the first 11 is weaker than a year or two ago. .

The usual fluff.

Actually feel sorry for Puel. I do believe he deserved another season. At least he should be afforded the dignity of seeing the season out before making the change early next week. No point hanging around.

I do to. We had the poorest summer transfer window in sometime, suffered injuries to important players, he had to deal with the whole Fonte debacle, had to deal with a proper European group stages and still managed a top 10 finish and a cup final.

Clearly there are things that could have gone better but really all things considered he has a solid first season certainly nothing to warrant getting the boot.

Whatever happens, I hope it happens soon. An entire summer transfer window, potentially without a manger and a takeover dragging on, will affect transfers in and out.

A hint?!!

From what you know do you think a takeover is more or less than likely? And if so, good for the club??

I do to. We had the poorest summer transfer window in sometime, suffered injuries to important players, he had to deal with the whole Fonte debacle, had to deal with a proper European group stages and still managed a top 10 finish and a cup final.

Clearly there are things that could have gone better but really all things considered he has a solid first season certainly nothing to warrant getting the boot.

In a way I do too as he has not been backed by the board, his coaching staff appear poor, defensively tactics are good as Liverpool games showed, however, there are multiple reasons I can give why I think he needs to go.

The Hull game showed those why its time, taking off Gabbi and replacing him with Long instead of as well as, just like for like subs.

Spurs home where Rose was murdering us and he just put out the same players in same positions after being mullered for 25 minutes.

His treatment of some players that do well then get dropped for games on end and not even in squad...how is that good for morale?

Changing 3 of the back 4 in our only probable winning game over Christmas v West Brom - "resting" Austin who had played 1 game in 19 days yet Yoshida played 3 in a week. The sight of Austin played wide left trying to chase the full back will haunt me for ages it was pitiful :-)

I couldn't give 2 figs if he is French/German/Belgium/Spanish or how he interviews just I want him to play decent football and have the ability to change a game in our favour and I personally have not seen him do that apart from Davis at Bournemouth.

On paper he doesn't deserve the sack but is he really the right man to take us forward I am not so sure?

He was brought in to get us further in Europe - he failed miserably on that ok not helped by not hitting a cows arse from a yard Virgil but Beer Sheva and Prague were poor.

He was brought in for our academy ...they have just been relegated so no surprise to me having watched them as you can't make a silk purse.

If he stays fine I will support him and the team as usual - I have renewed - if he goes then I won't cry like a few on here.

Edited by Give it to Ron

Must be a reaction to season ticket renewal numbers.

Seems Puel will be off. Does the board restructure give Les more influence?

On one hand telling us to be happy we could finish and the other saying Puels position will be reviewed at the end of the season, Almost as if they're saying they're happy with his performance but giving those who want him out a sniff of hope maybe pushing them to renew !?

In a way I do too as he has not been backed by the board, his coaching staff appear poor, defensively tactics are good as Liverpool games showed, however, there are multiple reasons I can give why I think he needs to go.

The Hull game showed those why its time, taking off Gabbi and replacing him with Long instead of as well as, just like for like subs.

Spurs home where Rose was murdering us and he just put out the same players in same positions after being mullered for 25 minutes.

His treatment of some players that do well then get dropped for games on end and not even in squad...how is that good for morale?

Changing 3 of the back 4 in our only probable winning game over Christmas v West Brom - "resting" Austin who had played 1 game in 19 days yet Yoshida played 3 in a week. The sight of Austin played wide left trying to chase the full back will haunt me for ages it was pitiful :-)

I couldn't give 2 figs if he is French/German/Belgium/Spanish or how he interviews just I want him to play decent football and have the ability to change a game in our favour and I personally have not seen him do that apart from Davis at Bournemouth.

On paper he doesn't deserve the sack but is he really the right man to take us forward I am not so sure?

He was brought in to get us further in Europe - he failed miserably on that ok not helped by not hitting a cows arse from a yard Virgil but Beer Sheva and Prague were poor.

He was brought in for our academy ...they have just been relegated so no surprise to me having watched them as you can't make a silk purse.

If he stays fine I will support him and the team as usual - I have renewed - if he goes then I won't cry like a few on here.

This touches on the salient points for me. In many respects there are a lot of mitigating circumstances this season which make it hard to know whether or not he's been good or bad. But there is the lingering thought in the back of the mind that makes you wonder whether he really would have done better without those mitigating circumstances, and that's what leads you to think he's not the right man.

I think what it will come down to - rightly or wrongly - is what the players think. If senior players don't like him then that's that - he's gone.

We didn't need to sell players to be sound financially but we did need to sell to a)raise the funds to bring in more players to make the squad bigger and, more importantly, b) to stop players running down their contracts.

That's how i interpreted it anyway

This

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

Selling players a neccesity to sign new players?

Well that doesn't quite explain selling out best players to buy inferior, often cheaper ones.

It does, it was to increase the squad size. We may have ended with a weaker starting 11 but a stronger squad. Now the squad is at the required size i would expect to see improvements made.

What a load of guff!

Which? The interview or the responses?

It does not really tell us much that we didn't already know but all the soundbites are reasonably positive.

Unlike some, I can relate to the quality of the 25 man squad. We needed to have a bigger squad for Europe (whether you like it or not, some rotation was actually essential) and he bought wisely rather than just grttingthe numbers up. Not better than we had on the pitch always but good enough to provide scope for rotation. With a few coming through the academy, there is scope for one or two of the less successful buys to move on should they so choose.

The 'sales out of necessity' people are interpreting as financial necessity but that is not what is being said. As many have correctly pointed out it is essential to sell a player once his head has been turned and we did Ok to get the right price for the likes of Lallana, Mane, Lovren and Shaw. With others we saw a bit off a compromise: give us one more season and you can go (for a good price) - e.g. Wanyama, Schneiderln. The good news is that we are now securing players in the same way we are losing them.

I was a bit concerned he could not confirm Puel will be here next season. I think his football has lacked entertainment at times but he knows what he wants. He has tried to get the best out of the players he has. There are one or two key personnel changes (e.g. attacking midfielder) which may win us over next season if they happen in the summer.

Glad to see the club actually being at least somewhat open with the fans.

That compounds a lot of things.

I mentioned on another thread I'd come back when I knew more about Gareth Rogers but I'll put it here for context.

He was sacked. It was nothing to do with "restructuring" or surprisingly any arguments or disagreements.

He was sacked.

Can the board give me a bit of feedback please.

If people really do think I'm full of **** and would like me to not

comment any further, can you let me know in the thread...

I feel like this is hitting a brick wall.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Why was Rodgers sacked?

Thanks.

I certainly think you're full of sh!t, but you're more than welcome to keep posting if it helps you mingle with society.

Why was Rodgers sacked?

Gross misconduct.

Very similar to what's just happened at Derby County. Almost the same thing.

He was fired. This will probably get out in any case, depending on how long they brush it off as "he left".

Thanks.

Nothing better than a *****-strop from a wannabe ITK.

Gross misconduct.

Very similar to what's just happened at Derby County. Almost the same thing.

He was fired. This will probably get out in any case, depending on how long they brush it off as "he left".

What did the miscondunct involve?