Saints 0 Stoke 1

St Chalet

Great work by Redmond but could he just not have played it straight back to Tadic who could have done the same but whilst Butland was still out of the 18yard box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come now. Tadic woul have either taken an age to decide what to do or scuffed it straight at Butland.

I can't work out if we are just really unlucky in the final third or if it happens so much there is something more to it. Like the way we play creates chances but never puts someone in the right position to finish them.

Or we're just a bit rubbish. But we can't be rubbish to create so many chances. My head hurts.

I thought that Saints had some decent moments particularly down the left flank with Redmond and Bertrand. Davis and Yoshi were important in defence. FF isn't very good at goal kicks. Stoke grew into the game a bit towards the last fifteen mins or so.

Random observation: Did the pitch design around the centre circle remind anyone else of the universal biohazard symbol?

Win lose or draw, I think the main reaction to today will be relief we're done for the season and Puel will be gone in a few days. Don't mind today's team, rather Gabbiadini and Austin up front together but it's not the worst line up. But it hasn't had enough time together and no line up ever will under Puel.

Amazing how he does that, despite always playing his favourites.

47 goals conceded in 37.5 matches. 8th best in the league, and with both 1st choice CBs out for much of the season. Yes, hilarious.

Couldn't care about how many goals we let in. Care about how many we score. Can't win a game without scoring goals.

The football's often been attractive, and sometimes thrilling... just our usual story this season of not finding the final ruthless shot. We're really not that far away from an amazing team. I think if Puel worked on his English this summer and better communicated what I believe to be an impressive footballing brain, we could end up much happier about him. That, and an effective striker!

Couldn't care about how many goals we let in. Care about how many we score. Can't win a game without scoring goals.

That really is ridiculous. So you don't care if we let in six goals a game as long as we score one or two?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The football's often been attractive, and sometimes thrilling... just our usual story this season of not finding the final ruthless shot. We're really not that far away from an amazing team. I think if Puel worked on his English this summer and better communicated what I believe to be an impressive footballing brain, we could end up much happier about him. That, and an effective striker!

Dont agree with much of this.

That really is ridiculous. So you don't care if we let in six goals a game as long as we score one or two?

No obviously not. My point is if you don't score goals you can't win. I don't think many people cheer because of a clean sheet do they?

Stoke getting back into it as a result of our inability to score from good positions.

We're ok getting TO the box.

Scared to go INTO the box.

Rather awful IN the box.

That's a coaching thing, I'd suggest.

No obviously not. My point is if you don't score goals you can't win. I don't think many people cheer because of a clean sheet do they?

And if you don't let in goals, you can't lose. But success obviously comes from effective defence and attack together.