Saints 0 Stoke 1

St Chalet

I'm going to predict a very, very easy 25-0 victory.

Lol fair play.

Agree with Supersaint, JWP has to be on pens unless Austin plays. Tadic can't take penalties - how many has he missed now? Burnley, Inter, Hull, tonight? One V Chelsea went in only because it went in off the keeper. Long's was awful Sat as well. JWP at least puts some venom into it.

Lol fair play.

Agree with Supersaint, JWP has to be on pens unless Austin plays. Tadic can't take penalties - how many has he missed now? Burnley, Inter, Hull, tonight? One V Chelsea went in only because it went in off the keeper. Long's was awful Sat as well. JWP at least puts some venom into it.

Gabby missed tonight not tadic - just saying

Gabby missed tonight not tadic - just saying

Doh! Forgot - to be honest only JWP would have given me any confidence stepping up.

It was that kind of game. Martial looked lively for them at times. Pleased Targett got some game time after that awful hamstring tear v Burnley.

Stoke were absolutely appalling against Arsenal the other day - clueless in defence and attack, totally anaemic in midfield. They're not so much on their summer holidays as semi retired.

I think we'll end the season with a comfortable win. Might paper over the cracks, but at least it'll be a positive note to wrap up on.

You just know we're going to win 7-4 with two of ours being successful penalties, Stoke missing three pens and having one of them ruled out for offside.

This is quite obviously going to be Puel's last game in charge, if it is, I hope it's announced beforehand and he gets a half decent reception and a good send off. Let's be honest, in the grand scheme of things, he hasn't done a spectacularly bad job has he?

Would like to see Boufal start in this one, playing in the middle. Feel like he can create something against a Stoke team that have been pretty poor of late and hopefully we can take a chance or two (maybe wishful thinking).

Hopefully a more attacking approach then we've seen for much of this season, would possibly drop Davis and JWP (harsh on JWP as he has actually done pretty well and was good enough last night) and go with the below:

Forster

Cedric Stephens Yoshida Bertrand

Romeu Hojbjerg

Tadic Boufal Redmond

Gabbi

Maybe a bit open and could leave us a bit exposed at times, but its the last game of the season and I'd just rather we went for it. I'd rather watch a 3-3 than a 0-0 if that is how it ends up. I know Hojbjerg has been very up and down this season, but I think he has enough presence to be solid in their with Oriol and then let the four in front create.

Would like to see Boufal start in this one, playing in the middle. Feel like he can create something against a Stoke team that have been pretty poor of late and hopefully we can take a chance or two (maybe wishful thinking).

Hopefully a more attacking approach then we've seen for much of this season, would possibly drop Davis and JWP (harsh on JWP as he has actually done pretty well and was good enough last night) and go with the below:

Forster

Cedric Stephens Yoshida Bertrand

Romeu Hojbjerg

Tadic Boufal Redmond

Gabbi

Maybe a bit open and could leave us a bit exposed at times, but its the last game of the season and I'd just rather we went for it. I'd rather watch a 3-3 than a 0-0 if that is how it ends up. I know Hojbjerg has been very up and down this season, but I think he has enough presence to be solid in their with Oriol and then let the four in front create.

I feel JWP has to start these days. He's been very good of late, would put him for Tadic in this teamsheet. Also Pied in for Cedric.

I feel JWP has to start these days. He's been very good of late, would put him for Tadic in this teamsheet. Also Pied in for Cedric.

Fair enough on JWP, felt it was harsh when I suggested leaving him out. Just want Boufal in the centre basically.

Pied in for Cedric on the assumption that he's injured? Cedric for me has been our best player this season other than Romeu

Over 6 hours since our last home goal....

Only one thing for it

Old skool 4-2-4

Gabbi, Long, Jay and Charlie, Redmond, Tadic and Boufal all to start

otherwise known as the Chris Nicholl formation! Oh what i'd give for Wallace, Wallace, Le Tiss, Armstrong, Case, Shearer et al right now. Now that was a team you couldn't call boring

Fair enough on JWP, felt it was harsh when I suggested leaving him out. Just want Boufal in the centre basically.

Pied in for Cedric on the assumption that he's injured? Cedric for me has been our best player this season other than Romeu

Cedric was struggling all game ever since he got clattered in their penalty area first half.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

I think Austin will get good playing time in this one. He's getting back in form and didn't play vs ManU. Gabbi went 60+ minutes, JRod played 30 or so, and Long is hurt.

Austin and Redmond to score, 2-1 Saints.

How can you judge that he`s played about 5 mins

All the more reason to get some minutes on the pitch for this one. We were crying out for a finisher last night. Why Puel left him on the bench all game, only Puel knows.

I think he would have come on after the Boufal sub if we had not used up our quota we Cedric was replaced

I`m sure he will get some game time on Sunday

How can you judge that he`s played about 5 mins

Didn't mean form, should have said in shape. This is because he's been practicing so I assume he's getting his legs back. Form is definitely a different thing, and who knows.

I think he would have come on after the Boufal sub if we had not used up our quota we Cedric was replaced

I`m sure he will get some game time on Sunday

This, it was quite clear that Charlie and Sofiane were being readied to play, the Cedric injury meant Claude had to change his subs. I thought from Sofiane's reaction (looking ****ed off when Cedric was replaced) that Claude was going to persist with Charlie, but clearly not. Shame, bringing on Charlie would have been the better change in my view.

6-0 win would be nice... gets our goal difference back to '0' for the season, appropriately enough!

My team:

---------Forster----------

---Yoshi-------Stephens--

---------Romeu----------

---Tadic---JWP---Boufal-

Redmond--Gabbi---JRod

-----------Austin---------

Yep, 3 at the back, Austin in goal, FF on penalties duty. Might get some headers on target with Fraser, Jack & Yoshi up front.

Just as likely to score as the reverse formation, or whatever our 'normal' line up might be!

I have never wanted Ajax to win more than I do next week .

Why? Don't you know if Utd win they'll qualify for next season's CL, which means their EL spot goes to the 8th placed team, which may be us?

1318525546_cat_catching_pigeon_fail.gif

A goal, just one bloody goal for us please.

Could we go another home match without scoring?

Yes we can

At some point the ball is going to bounce off the arse of one of our players and go into th net.

To be honest if Shsne Long scored an own goal it would be progress

Why? Don't you know if Utd win they'll qualify for next season's CL, which means their EL spot goes to the 8th placed team, which may be us?

1318525546_cat_catching_pigeon_fail.gif

Then we must win 6-0 so we don't go into Europe with a humiliating scores against deficit.