Saints 0 Stoke 1

St Chalet

Skate alert

So everybody in the ground who laughed was a skate!? I take it you couldn't make the match? Not sure why some of you are so precious about Puel. He used his great sense of fun to laugh it off. Or not.

Went on the OS to buy tickets and they wanted £42 each and they're not even in a prime location.

For a meaningless game against Stoke, they can f**k right off. :?

Pluto's rant about Villa being a Category A game a season or two ago springs to mind haha

So everybody in the ground who laughed was a skate!? I take it you couldn't make the match? Not sure why some of you are so precious about Puel. He used his great sense of fun to laugh it off. Or not.

I wouldn't worry, I found it hilarious too.

Oh come on everybody found it funny! Some people lacking a sense of humour i think. I sit in the ground (The Chapel) by the way, rather than at home on my keyboard.

Never said it was`nt funny, guess you lack a sense of humour because it was directed at you... :rolleyes:

Oh and i sit in the chapel too... sorry to spoil your dig :D

Went on the OS to buy tickets and they wanted £42 each and they're not even in a prime location.

For a meaningless game against Stoke, they can f**k right off. :?

Main reason why I'm missing the final game for as long a s I can remember , that and the **** football being served up.

Really looking forward to tomorrows game. I have a Stoke supporting mate coming down and I think our players will be told to just go out and enjoy themselves. With that freedom, I'm expecting a comfortable win. My Stoke supporting mate is hoping for a comfortable Saints win too so that they can have an excuse to sack Hughes. In which case, we'll all go home happy.

So he's accusing people who criticise Puel of being Skates again. And again the mods do nothing.

Anyway, we'll win 3-0. Stoke are crap this year.

I wonder if the half and half scarves will be on sale tomorrow like they were for the Hull match. Seriously who thinks they're ever going to make a profit selling scarves to a drab league game between two mid table clubs.

With regards to the match I've given up trying to predict results this season, I just hope we score some goals and give the place a lift as it's been **** going to games lately.

Puel Presser

It is important for Southampton to finish strongly, we have that chance with the last home game

I am under contract, my wish is to stay. But I just concentrate on the last game

it has been a difficult long season

it was a hard last game, even Manchester united are finding it hard, you ask Jose Mourinho

playing thursday to sunday is very hard

it is harder to play in the Europa league compared to the champions league as you cannot recover as much

it was a shame that we did not do as well, we set objectives to get out of the group and it did not happen

it is a club objective for the next season to qualify for europe again

the best this season the many games where we were strong

many games to chose from from the season, times without the reward

we have a great identity now and it is important to keep our identity next season

the cup final was a great memory

the clean sheets were good

we have played many young players this season which was good

the cup games against arsenal and the two against liverpool were good. we saw great quality in the team

the style of the team is nearly there and I am happy with it

the team have all improved under me. all of them

we will see if charlie will play, it is an interesting to see if he can start

I hope he can play some minutes, I am not sure yet but he will play some part

we lack confidence in the attacking part of the game

we miss penalties recently and they change the game

the first goal is important in any game, it brings a side confidence

but our style is important and it will remain as it is now our identity

if we get a penalty, we will try to score. I am confidence the next penalty will go in

if Gabbiadini starts, he will probably be our penalty taker

it is a good thing that the Premier league are looking to tackle diving, players need to be honest

they should win with quality and not by cheating

other managers say it is part of the game to win penalties but this is a good thing

there you go. He was very clear that the current style of the side will remain (if he does) as it shows fantastic quality etc

also, has not spoken about his future and only concentrating on the next game

also, the club set the objective to qualify from the group stages, push to the later stages of a cup and qualify for europe and already have set the objective to qualify for Europe next season.

Every player has improved under me

He should be sacked for that lie alone .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

So he's accusing people who criticise Puel of being Skates again. And again the mods do nothing.

Anyway, we'll win 3-0. Stoke are crap this year.

Someone who wishes physical harm upon our manager though is unpleasant, whatever your opinion of him may be.

RE my previous post about saint lard, to which you are referring. My opinion is he is a troll, I'm not the only one who has said that. Mainly about other things, not the criticism of Puel.

And I just remembered who you are too. You got called out on a post that many, many people, including a moderator, believed was designed to get bites. And that culminated with this https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57996-Sunderland-0-Saints-4-Post-Match-Humble-Pie&p=2463303#post2463303

You are irrelevant, quite frankly, so I would suggest that should you be able you look at the world you inhabit and yourselves critically and recognise that it is there wherein you will find the failings, not with I.

You seem to be infatuated with me, which for someone who thinks that we are all 'irrelevant' is rather bizarre. I'm still to see this so-called post of me getting you banned. I've never done that to anyone.

Edited by Pamplemousse

Chant of the day : "All we are saying, is give Puel a chance"

One season is not enough to judge a manager on and we are Southampton; we don't buy success, we earn it.

Plus it **** off some of the annoying depressive trolls on here, so what's not to like?

Someone who wishes physical harm upon our manager though is unpleasant, whatever your opinion of him may be.

RE my previous post about saint lard, to which you are referring. My opinion is he is a troll, I'm not the only one who has said that. Mainly about other things, not the criticism of Puel.

And I just remembered who you are too. You got called out on a post that many, many people, including a moderator, believed was designed to get bites. And that culminated with this https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?57996-Sunderland-0-Saints-4-Post-Match-Humble-Pie&p=2463303#post2463303

You seem to be infatuated with me, which for someone who thinks that we are all 'irrelevant' is rather bizarre. I'm still to see this so-called post of me getting you banned. I've never done that to anyone.

Sorry mate, went way too far. If it happens again I will gasp with concern, look shocked and not breath until he has finished his little backward dance. I will also donate £10 to a charity that supports managers who have gone through the same trauma (as long as they guarantee no money goes to Rednapp). Enjoy the match.

Lawrenson has us losing 2-1.

He also has us eight places below our current position, which is comfortably his worst prediction sequence apart from Sunderland, who he has well above the relegation spots. And surprisingly, he only has the dippers second.

Actually, having looked again he has the scousers joint top on 92 points. ;)

Edited by scotty

My team of potential leavers/sales in the summer.

Hassen

Martina

Caceres

Gardos/VVD (whichever can hop the best)

Bertrand

Reed

Clasie

Isgrove

Tadic

JRod

Gallagher

:D Easily whip Stoke with that team! (Not) Really, it has to be strongest available team please.

Forster

Cedric

Stephens

Maya

Bertrand

Davis

Romeu

JWP

Tadic

Boufal

Gabs

Redmond was poor against United so I'd leave Boufal in.

Could easily be a 0-0 today, but we'll finish strongly. 3-1, Gabs, Tadic and Maya.

Don't understand the rationale in these striker selections at all. Austin goes from unused sub in a game where we need a goal to starting and JRod goes from starter, to first used sub to not in the squad. Just bizarre.

Assume that's confirmation - if it was needed - that Rodriguez is off. He's gone from scoring starter to sub to out of the match squad in three games.

Rotated right out the door.

Are you suggesting that if Austin is now fully fit he should not be playing

Are you suggesting that if Austin is now fully fit he should not be playing

Not that I particularly rate Austin nor that I think Rodriguez shouldn't move on.

Just seems an oddly defensive bench (two defenders, two defensive midfielders) when in the previous game against better opposition we had Austin, Rodriguez and Boufal in reserve - if Rodriguez can't make the final 18 for a match of so little importance against nothing opponents, that rather suggests he's done.

Win lose or draw, I think the main reaction to today will be relief we're done for the season and Puel will be gone in a few days. Don't mind today's team, rather Gabbiadini and Austin up front together but it's not the worst line up. But it hasn't had enough time together and no line up ever will under Puel.

Apart from Austin, this has been his favoured eleven recently. They have played together quite a bit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Win lose or draw, I think the main reaction to today will be relief we're done for the season and Puel will be gone in a few days. Don't mind today's team, rather Gabbiadini and Austin up front together but it's not the worst line up. But it hasn't had enough time together and no line up ever will under Puel.

Is he definitely gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk