Saints 0 Stoke 1

St Chalet

So a damp end to a disappointing season, that is apart from Wembley and not conceding a goal in four games to Corporal Clots mercenaries. I do not know what to do with Puel, my heart says get rid my head says another season.

Probably time to make a change of manager I guess.

How on earth have we finished in 8th? :lol:

However, I personally think that Les Reed, for his failed transfer business, and the players, who have been on the beach, should share some, if not the overwhelming majority, of the blame for this poor end of season.

Just please not Marco Silva. We'll be relegation candidates under him.[/QUOTE]

I share your concern...

Maybe we can keep Puel for away games and get in an attacking coach for home games...

My first priority would be to lose Black. I'd like to see Puel continue with an assistant who can instill a scoring instinct, but I'm far from confident that will happen.

Rightly or wrongly, too many are jumping on the Puel out bandwagon.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Maybe we can keep Puel for away games and get in an attacking coach for home games...

Not a bad idea, looking at Silva's record.

We got so many crosses in, particularly in the first half, with only one target in the box. The sysyem has to change to get more bodies in there.

The goal was offside, and I don't think Redmond was off in the first half when put through, but we should have made Butland work in the first hour.

Incredible save by Butland from Boufal, probably the best bit of fottball in the match.

Players I'd like to see leave this summer or we should sell.

Being honest. VVD (I love the guy) but he's FAR too good for us and we can get £40m for him.

Tadic - Had some good seasons with us, but he looks more unconvincing every game and slows us down, also he is now very predictable (£10-15m)

Cedric - Again, let's cash in on him, we can get someone similiar who is a bit taller and sell him for £15m

Long - Very hard working striker, but I think age is catching up with him (£6m) - he won't want to be third/fourth fiddle

Jay Rod - cash in on him when he can, he's not happy and not good enough after that injury

Forster - Liability this season (£10m)

That's a fair amount of money to rebuild with.

What we need is a direct pacy winger who is happy to shoot/cut inside

A commanding CM to play with Oriel.

New right back.

A quality defender (black box will find one)

Biggest pluses this season are, Stephens, Oriel Romeu, JWP (had a very good season), Redmond has been superb at times, Yoshida.

We only scored in 4 of our last 11 league games, and didn't score at all in our last 5 home games. Says all that needs to be said.

Last time we didn`t score in 5 consecutive home games was 1937, according to Jeff. Even I wasn`t born then.

That game pretty much summed up the whole season. Some flashes of good football but essentially boring and aimless without any sort of calmness in front of goal. Gabbi did well when he first arrived but Puel seems to have knocked whatever he had out of him. Very uninspiring.

Being fair, for the last sub he had no real attacking options left as, for some reason, JRod wasn't on the bench and Long is injured.

I guess he thought Pied could bring something, but surprised he didn't take Davis or even a defender off.

Can't wait for Reed's summer exclusive interview telling us he's not worried, is relaxed about things, and everything in the garden is rosy.

No doubt lapped up by the lesbians, before another exodus of players, and an early July appointment of a new manager.

Being fair, for the last sub he had no real attacking options left as, for some reason, JRod wasn't on the bench and Long is injured.

I guess he thought Pied could bring something, but surprised he didn't take Davis or even a defender off.

Pied is a converted winger - so his instinct is to get forward and give us width.

Can't wait for Reed's summer exclusive interview telling us he's not worried, is relaxed about things, and everything in the garden is rosy.

No doubt lapped up by the lesbians, before another exodus of players, and an early July appointment of a new manager.

Let's face it, lesbians are probably pretty good at lapping.

#quietsummer

I wonder which player he will tell us is so keen to stay they changed agents this time

Agree with the uninspiring and something has got to give in the summer (board, manager, formation, attitude...something...)

I think all at the club and every fan will be glad the season is over, was becoming really laboured.

Of the positive, Yoshida, Stevens, Romeu and Redmond(ish...) all had a decent season. Bertrand, Cedric and Forster did all right. Davis, Tadic, Boufal JWP and the strikers had a season to forget.

Puel, well, it's a hard one. I speak french and his interviews, in french, are intelligent & insightful, he's a really smart and actually likeable guy, however he just doesn't come across well in english (not too sure if he's paying for the Poch experience but as some suggested, get him some intensive language lessons over the summer). I think he deserves another season... just.

Kings of the dross.

And that's why I have a lot of sympathy for season ticket holders. Utter rubbish at home this season and they deserve better for the money they invest in the club. I would love to see the back of Puel but I'm not sure there is an abundance of high quality managers out there who are going to put Saints at the top of their wish list. So, it's time the owners and the board decide what they want the club to be from here on - happy just to stay up every season or rebuilt for a serious challenge at top 4 (which we were led to believe in the past was part of the grand plan). If it's the latter then get the money out and get on with it and let the dice role. If it's the former then admit it and we can all rest easy in the knowledge that this is it for the foreseeable future.

Agree with the uninspiring and something has got to give in the summer (board, manager, formation, attitude...something...)

I think all at the club and every fan will be glad the season is over, was becoming really laboured.

Of the positive, Yoshida, Stevens, Romeu and Redmond(ish...) all had a decent season. Bertrand, Cedric and Forster did all right. Davis, Tadic, Boufal JWP and the strikers had a season to forget.

Puel, well, it's a hard one. I speak french and his interviews, in french, are intelligent & insightful, he's a really smart and actually likeable guy, however he just doesn't come across well in english (not too sure if he's paying for the Poch experience but as some suggested, get him some intensive language lessons over the summer). I think he deserves another season... just.

That's certainly the most glass half-full assessment I've seen of our £10m goalkeeper this year. 'All right', seriously?

Hmmm not too sure about JWP having a season to forget and Forster doing alright.

I sincerely hope that's the last time we see Puel.

Over the course of the season he's had plenty of time to change things and he simply hasn't done so.

Abject gameplay

Far, far too much passing backwards and sideways

Strikers unable to score all season

Ridiculous substitutions - either not sound tactically or made when there was no need

Club found a high quality replacement for Van Dijk while he was injured, never played him despite it being obvious the Yoshida - Stephens partnership was always going to cause problems.

Rotation policy - utterly incomprehensible once we were finished with Europe and cup competitions. Team put in a great performance against Middlesbrough and the next week most of the players who played well were dropped.

For me, he has to go. We had a great cup run and were done in the final by awful refereeing ( although that's no guarantee we would have won the match), we've managed an8th place in the league but it feels very much like we've scraped it and we are lucky to be in this position. I just feel like we've missed out massively given that we've got 8th and we weren't playing well, what could we have achieved?

I think the stats will say it all- it hasn't been good enough and there needs to be massive change if the club truly want to push on and compete for Champions League places. I don't think Puel is capable of bringing through that change.

Can't believe we have only seen four more Saints goals at home all season than Spurs have scored in their last two games.

You'd better believe it James 'cos it's true. TRUE. Just think, they did it under our ex-manager while we toil away under this clueless helmet's stewardship.

46 points wouldn't be far off relegation in some seasons...didn't West Ham once go down on 41/42?

If we'd have gotten that many last year it would have been 13th or so I think.

Yeh, quite remarkable how we've finished 8th. Although it also demonstrates just how dominant the top 6 have been.

I don't think things will be quite as congested next year. One of the top 6, with European football, will slip up. And without us having European football, I fully expect us to push on next season and improve drastically, with Puel or without. There will be no excuses not to do so.