Saints 0 Stoke 1

St Chalet

If you are not allowed to boo how can you express your feelings to the Manager over what he is doing? You can't do it in silence or cheering.

A few years ago Coventry came up with a scheme wear the fans could text a premium line number with the names of the subs the manager should make in the second half with the players with most votes getting the nod. Sadly they never rolled out to match days personally I think it would be an ace thing for our club to do.

If you are not allowed to boo how can you express your feelings to the Manager over what he is doing? You can't do it in silence or cheering.

Its the potential effect on a player coming that is the the issue, hardly a good way to support him is it and not his fault he was chosen to com on

A few years ago Coventry came up with a scheme wear the fans could text a premium line number with the names of the subs the manager should make in the second half with the players with most votes getting the nod. Sadly they never rolled out to match days personally I think it would be an ace thing for our club to do.

That is such a non-league thing to do. I'd prefer we employed a manager capable of making the choices himself!

Its the potential effect on a player coming that is the the issue, hardly a good way to support him is it and not his fault he was chosen to com on

True, although one thing I noticed against United was that Boufal did still receive some (admittedly small amount) applause when his name was read out, I don't think the fans continued to boo him. Whether or not that subtlety is lost on the players though, who knows.

That is such a non-league thing to do. I'd prefer we employed a manager capable of making the choices himself!

Didn't Ebbsfleet actually have the fans pick the team through a similar method? I think they got relegated.

Puel needs to stick with his rotation this week. Bring in Hojbjerg and Clasie for Davis and JWP, Rodriguez and Gabbiadini/Austin with Redmond if Long is injured. What I'd really like to see is Caceres at Centre back with Stephens and Romeu in front and four attacking players, Gabbiadini or Austin up front with Rodriguez on the left, Austin or Gabbiadini in the hole and Long if fit on the right, Redmond if not, won't happen but I'd like to see it. More movement and get players into the box. Spurs were quickly getting up to six players at a time into the opposing penalty area. We aren't going to get many goals if the single striker is left isolated because the players behind never get forward quickly.

Puel needs to stick with his rotation this week. Bring in Hojbjerg and Clasie for Davis and JWP, Rodriguez and Gabbiadini/Austin with Redmond if Long is injured. What I'd really like to see is Caceres at Centre back with Stephens and Romeu in front and four attacking players, Gabbiadini or Austin up front with Rodriguez on the left, Austin or Gabbiadini in the hole and Long if fit on the right, Redmond if not, won't happen but I'd like to see it. More movement and get players into the box. Spurs were quickly getting up to six players at a time into the opposing penalty area. We aren't going to get many goals if the single striker is left isolated because the players behind never get forward quickly.

Let's not starting ****ing around with Stephens. He's a CB, don't want to see him as a ball playing defensive midfielder. I'd bring in Hoj for sure though. He is someone who is crying out for a run in the team and is a lot more dynamic and progressive than our other midfielders. He's kind of a Davis upgrade in that sense.

Davis has been frustrating for me this year, but mainly because he's being asked to play in a midfield two which doesn't suit him.

Let's not starting ****ing around with Stephens. He's a CB, don't want to see him as a ball playing defensive midfielder. I'd bring in Hoj for sure though. He is someone who is crying out for a run in the team and is a lot more dynamic and progressive than our other midfielders. He's kind of a Davis upgrade in that sense.

Davis has been frustrating for me this year, but mainly because he's being asked to play in a midfield two which doesn't suit him.

Stephens started as a full back moved to centre back but played either as a centre back in a two or Right CB in a three and as a holding midfielder at Swindon so it's not new to him and he carries the ball forward well.

Would be amusing, someone on here wanted Austin brought on after 5 mins on Wednesday.

I want to see a back two of Caceres and Yoshida.

In front of that, Romeu, Bertrand and Stephens.

Then a front five of Austin, Rodriguez, Long, Gabbiadini and Seager and GET IT IN THE ****ING BOX.

Riduculus. I want to see the gap between the one forward and midfield players to get bigger. I want to see the midfield players not play the ball forward quite so much, why the hurry? It would be good to play slightly slower as well. After all it's been a long hard season and the players need to conserve their energy. It would be great to beat our record of consecutive nil nils to send everyone happy for the pre-season as well.

I want to see a back two of Caceres and Yoshida.

In front of that, Romeu, Bertrand and Stephens.

Then a front five of Austin, Rodriguez, Long, Gabbiadini and Seager and GET IT IN THE ****ING BOX.

I like it.

F*ck balance in the starting 11 it's overrated.

Romeu to sit in DM when on the ball carry it forward, breaking up play with Caceres and Stephens just behind him to offer assistance to CB and DM if needed.

Pied and Bertrand looking for overlaps providing the width with Redmond and JRod having free roles.

Austin to sit a little deeper with Gabbiadini playing on the shoulder.

I'd be tempted to stick Hassan in goal and have FF on the bench to play up top for final 10 minutes to use as a target man.

-----------Yoshida----------

----Caceres --Stephens----

Pied-------Romeu------Bertand

----------------------------

Redmond--------------JRod

----Gabbiadini--Austin----

25 attempts on goal - 0-0

I like it.

F*ck balance in the starting 11 it's overrated.

Romeu to sit in DM when on the ball carry it forward, breaking up play with Caceres and Stephens just behind him to offer assistance to CB and DM if needed.

Pied and Bertrand looking for overlaps providing the width with Redmond and JRod having free roles.

Austin to sit a little deeper with Gabbiadini playing on the shoulder.

I'd be tempted to stick Hassan in goal and have FF on the bench to play up top for final 10 minutes to use as a target man.

-----------Yoshida----------

----Caceres --Stephens----

Pied-------Romeu------Bertand

----------------------------

Redmond--------------JRod

----Gabbiadini--Austin----

25 attempts on goal - 0-0

Awful idea tbh, FF hasn't won a cross in ages.

I would like to try something a bit different against Stoke.

------------------ Austin --------------------

---------------- Gabbiadini -----------------

----------- Davis -- Ward-Prowse ---------

----------------- Romeu ---------------

Bertrand* --------------------------- Cedric

----- Caceres - Yoshida - Stephens ------

----------------- Forster -------------------

Wing backs for width with capable defenders with full back experience who can tuck in behind them. A strong central midfield with a creative outlet in Gabbiadini. A strong Striker leading the line to act as a focal point and pivot to bring the midfield and Gabbiadini into play while also being a threat in his own right.

But of course, this will never in a million years actually happen.

Edited by Colinjb

Puel Presser

It is important for Southampton to finish strongly, we have that chance with the last home game

I am under contract, my wish is to stay. But I just concentrate on the last game

it has been a difficult long season

it was a hard last game, even Manchester united are finding it hard, you ask Jose Mourinho

playing thursday to sunday is very hard

it is harder to play in the Europa league compared to the champions league as you cannot recover as much

it was a shame that we did not do as well, we set objectives to get out of the group and it did not happen

it is a club objective for the next season to qualify for europe again

the best this season the many games where we were strong

many games to chose from from the season, times without the reward

we have a great identity now and it is important to keep our identity next season

the cup final was a great memory

the clean sheets were good

we have played many young players this season which was good

the cup games against arsenal and the two against liverpool were good. we saw great quality in the team

the style of the team is nearly there and I am happy with it

the team have all improved under me. all of them

we will see if charlie will play, it is an interesting to see if he can start

I hope he can play some minutes, I am not sure yet but he will play some part

we lack confidence in the attacking part of the game

we miss penalties recently and they change the game

the first goal is important in any game, it brings a side confidence

but our style is important and it will remain as it is now our identity

if we get a penalty, we will try to score. I am confidence the next penalty will go in

if Gabbiadini starts, he will probably be our penalty taker

it is a good thing that the Premier league are looking to tackle diving, players need to be honest

they should win with quality and not by cheating

other managers say it is part of the game to win penalties but this is a good thing

there you go. He was very clear that the current style of the side will remain (if he does) as it shows fantastic quality etc

also, has not spoken about his future and only concentrating on the next game

also, the club set the objective to qualify from the group stages, push to the later stages of a cup and qualify for europe and already have set the objective to qualify for Europe next season.

Puel Presser

It is important for Southampton to finish strongly, we have that chance with the last home game

I am under contract, my wish is to stay. But I just concentrate on the last game

it was a hard last game, even Manchester united are finding it hard, you ask Jose Mourinho

it is harder to play in the Europa league compared to the champions league as you cannot recover as much

it was a shame that we did not do as well, we set objectives to get out of the group and it did not happen

we have a great identity now and it is important to keep our identity next season

the cup games against arsenal and the two against liverpool were good. we saw great quality in the team

if we get a penalty, we will try to score. I am confidence the next penalty will go in

it is a good thing that the Premier league are looking to tackle diving, players need to be honest

other managers say it is part of the game to win penalties but this is a good thing

there you go. He was very clear that the current style of the side will remain (if he does) as it shows fantastic quality etc

also, the club set the objective to qualify from the group stages, push to the later stages of a cup and qualify for europe and already have set the objective to qualify for Europe next season.

But we are told on here that European qualification each year is an unrealistic target? Quick, someone tell Les we should be aiming and be grateful to finish 16th - 8th.....

On a serious note, 2 out of 3 targets failed then this season...

Puel Presser

Did he really say 'games'?

Puel Presser

Contradiction alert !!

Working in The Potteries (thankfully I don't live there), the Stokies are all predicting a Saints win.

In anything they are more fu_cked off with their team and manager than we are.

They seem like a permanently aggrieved bunch.

Interesting that we potentially stand to lose nearly £4m if we lose and Bournemouth and WBA win, but the possible swing for Stoke is over £11m. That's half a decent player.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Half decent player this week the way transfer fees are going that will get you George Boyd next week.

Good point. I also heard that if we have a negative goal difference we will have to enter at an earlier qualifying stage (early July I think).

I'm absolutely certain that I read that somewhere, so it must be true.

Interesting that we potentially stand to lose nearly £4m if we lose and Bournemouth and WBA win, but the possible swing for Stoke is over £11m. That's half a decent player.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Even if we finish below Bournemouth, we will get more money than them. It's because we've appeared more on TV than they have.

The booing of substitutions has got pretty weird. There are some supporters who's highlight of a home game is to boo.

Get it a lot less at away games for some reason.

Anyhow we won't finish below Bournemouth. Leicester will beat them at home, easily.

They're bringing down 2,000 apparently. One of them is looking forward to going to Southampton beach, wherever that is.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/268482/southampton-stoke-city?page=1

Weston Shore will be busy then............ hope the tide is in

Anyhow we won't finish below Bournemouth. Leicester will beat them at home, easily.

They're bringing down 2,000 apparently. One of them is looking forward to going to Southampton beach, wherever that is.

had to laugh at this one

To be fair I live down here so I have the whole summer to do that!! The Southampton fans aren't confident either - a lot of my mates are season ticket holders and they said they've been dire at home all season and complaining about a terrible season ... yeah tasty cup run and potential 8th in table finish - my heart bleeds for them!!

...................Forster..................

Pied Stephens. Yoshida. Bertrand

.................Romeu....................

.........Clasie.........JWP...............

................Boufal......................

......Gabbiadini....Redmond.........

Puel 4-4-2 Diamond to finish the season.

Just in case the home supporters come across curiously attired Stoke fans on Sunday, I read somewhere that Crouchie has promised to give his match shirt away to a visiting fan that turns up in his speedos. I don't get the connection between match shirts and budgie smugglers myself, but there you go.