Saints 0 Stoke 1

St Chalet

46 points wouldn't be far off relegation in some seasons...didn't West Ham once go down on 41/42?

If we'd have gotten that many last year it would have been 13th or so I think.

Edit

Sorry, I can't count.

Edited by Greenridge

Predictable, as the game went on I said...this has got 0-1 to stoke written all over it. Fair enough, their keeper made a few good saves, but it's still the same old. Too slow, too sideways, too predictable and the attacking players too isolated.

We've got to the final game of the season and I'm still not entirely sure what Claude Puel is trying to implement here, I don't think even he knows.

My biggest concern is that a strong end to the season (like last year) sends everyone off feeling positive and keen to get back, and it often results if a good start. Didn't happen so much for us at the start of this season because of the Koeman debacle and bad striker recruitment decisions.

But conversely, teams that end a season weakly very often struggle to shake that off. Just think, we're going to start our first home game next season having not won, or scored in, the previous five. Pressure from the off.

We need changes and, reluctantly because I respect Puel, he may have to go, partly as a scapegoat for other problems, such as players who can't shoot or have no finishing instinct, a Board who've got some recruitment wrong, and players who thoughtlessly got themselves injured.

Whatever, we seriously​ need swift and decisive action to deal with the position we find ourselves in regarding manager and assistants, VVD, other departures wanted and unwanted and strengthening in key positions - CB, DM, striker.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We'll that's was turd. Players really didn't look bothered. Don't care who the manger is next season ( and I think after today the players have done enough to get rid of Puel with another poor display) our squad needs major surgery.

Forster isn't good enough. Just compare him to the likes of Butland or Man utds back up keeper.

If JWP is the future of our midfield we might as well apply to play in league one next season.

Davis ( always been a fan) is showing his age and needs upgrading but the other CM choices aren't even as good as those two.

Attack needs a major overhaul. Gabbi is the only one I really want to keep.

Boufal, Tadic and Redmond need to be doing a lot more in the creative role.

The only part of the squad that is decent is the back four plus Romeu and that's probably about be ripped apart by the big boys.

Massive summer ahead for me if we go into next season with this squad in it's current form ( or more likely a weaker version minus Bertrand, Cedric and VVD) we are going to struggle big time.

My biggest concern is that a strong end to the season (like last year) sends everyone off feeling positive and keen to get back, and it often results if a good start. Didn't happen so much for us at the start of this season because of the Koeman debacle and bad striker recruitment decisions.

But conversely, teams that end a season weakly very often struggle to shake that off. Just think, we're going to start our first home game next season having not won, or scored in, the previous five. Pressure from the off.

We need changes and, reluctantly because I respect Puel, he may have to go, partly as a scapegoat for other problems, such as players who can't shoot or have no finishing instinct, a Board who've got some recruitment wrong, and players who thoughtlessly got themselves injured.

Whatever, we seriously​ need swift and decisive action to deal with the position we find ourselves in regarding manager and assistants, VVD, other departures wanted and unwanted and strengthening in key positions - CB, DM, striker.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We'll that's was turd. Players really didn't look bothered. Don't care who the manger is next season ( and I think after today the players have done enough to get rid of Puel with another poor display) our squad needs major surgery.

Forster isn't good enough. Just compare him to the likes of Butland or Man utds back up keeper.

If JWP is the future of our midfield we might as well apply to play in league one next season.

Davis ( always been a fan) is showing his age and needs upgrading but the other CM choices aren't even as good as those two.

Attack needs a major overhaul. Gabbi is the only one I really want to keep.

Boufal, Tadic and Redmond need to be doing a lot more in the creative role.

The only part of the squad that is decent is the back four plus Romeu and that's probably about be ripped apart by the big boys.

Massive summer ahead for me if we go into next season with this squad in it's current form ( or more likely a weaker version minus Bertrand, Cedric and VVD) we are going to struggle big time.

Agree with both of those.

Second game in a row their keeper pulls of some good saves and we squander decent chances to score.

A lot of out fans are massive helmets. Booing subs, getting on players' backs. I hope Puel stays just so none of those ****s renew. In fact I'd like to believe bringing Pied on right wing was Claude trolling the jumped up, spoilt *****s who are crying because we dared to have an average season.

I'd happily just do away games, and it's nothing to do with the football at St Mary's and everything to do with the ****ty atmosphere in a stadium where a third of the support are utter clowns.

Second game in a row their keeper pulls of some good saves and we squander decent chances to score.

A lot of out fans are massive helmets. Booing subs, getting on players' backs. I hope Puel stays just so none of those ****s renew. In fact I'd like to believe bringing Pied on right wing was Claude trolling the jumped up, spoilt *****s who are crying because we dared to have an average season.

I'd happily just do away games, and it's nothing to do with the football at St Mary's and everything to do with the ****ty atmosphere in a stadium where a third of the support are utter clowns.

Agree with that too.

Every club has their morons, but we do seem to have our fair share of them.

*re-bump*

It was so bloomin' obvious.

For some reason it took them ages to work out that chipping it to the back post so he's up against Cedric in the air would work. Reminded me of the way we used to score with Lambert piling in at the back post for a header on goal or back across the area for someone else to score.

We certainly do... I mean look at all the goals we are scoring and readjust our tactics to give us the best chance of a goal .

The genius subs we have seen in the last 5 home games bloody ungrateful fans ....how dare they demand us have 2 strikers at 0-0.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's manifested over the past few years. For some reason people just can't handle an average season. Yes the football hasn't always been that exciting but nor is it at a lot of clubs.

I've said it before but it's the people that only go to home games who seem to have been the most vocal about not getting their money's worth. Well, I don't remember any guarantees that come with a season ticket stating we will score a certain number of goals or win a certain number of games. You buy a ticket because you support the team, although judging by the crap that falls out of a lot fans mouths you wouldn't think they do actually support us at all.

Our strikers look isolated up front. The midfielders don't get up to support them. Both Gabi and Austin were surrounded by about 5 players. How do we expect to score with those tactics. Puel's taken no responsibility for his tactical errors and bemoans bad luck and good goalkeeping. Change the tactics! Don't lump the ball in from out wide to an isolated striker surrounded by loads of players then. He never learnt and kept repeating the same mistakes.

Yes he's had some issues to contend with but his own point or tactical ability was his biggest problem.

We certainly do... I mean look at all the goals we are scoring and readjust our tactics to give us the best chance of a goal .

The genius subs we have seen in the last 5 home games bloody ungrateful fans ....how dare they demand us have 2 strikers at 0-0.

Wahhh, I'm not getting what I want, wahhh the nasty man won't play 2 up front.

How is it Sunderland fans didn't boo or chant for Moyes to get sacked until right at the end of the season? They still turned up in their droves, sold out away ends up and down the country all season yet we don't play 2 strikers and our fans start whining little kids.

How is it Sunderland fans didn't boo or chant for Moyes to get sacked until right at the end of the season? They still turned up in their droves, sold out away ends up and down the country all season yet we don't play 2 strikers and our fans start whining little kids.

Sunderland fans have been against Moyes since about September. The fact you're trying to compare us with them says it all really.

**** poor year.

To be fair today was the first time I heard anyone signing for Puel's head.

Out of interest, do you have a season ticket? If you do then fair play for being so objective. I'm trying to be but on the basis that we've only scored 17 times in 19 games (and on the basis 9 of those were scored in, I think, three games) I'm really struggling to get excited about another season watching a Claude Puel saints team.

Yep confirms your post a clueless fckwit. We haven't scored in 6 games yet stick the same formation how dare fans expect more. Rodriguez scored at Boro yet not on bench

Did you stay to the end of lap of honour ? I did.. you must have rushed home to get your homework done child.

Did not stay for the players lap today and that is a first for me as I was so disappointed in the performance today.,what sort of reception did the Frenchman get.

Players got good support...Puel and Black polite applause.

Looking at body language Bertrand and Cedric going.

Self-righteous twaddle.

Why are you comparing us with Moyes and Sunderland? Sunderland have been treading water for years - Moyes is far from liked but there's recognition that problems predate his reign and there were limits to what he could accomplish.

Edited by shurlock

The atmosphere was good at the start of the season and there were very few clowns around. A season of watching turdball does that to you.

Yep confirms your post a clueless fckwit. We haven't scored in 6 games yet stick the same formation how dare fans expect more. Rodriguez scored at Boro yet not on bench

Did you stay to the end of lap of honour ? I did.. you must have rushed home to get your homework done child.

Good repost to t w a t the cat.

It's manifested over the past few years. For some reason people just can't handle an average season. Yes the football hasn't always been that exciting but nor is it at a lot of clubs.

I've said it before but it's the people that only go to home games who seem to have been the most vocal about not getting their money's worth. Well, I don't remember any guarantees that come with a season ticket stating we will score a certain number of goals or win a certain number of games. You buy a ticket because you support the team, although judging by the crap that falls out of a lot fans mouths you wouldn't think they do actually support us at all.

Total b***ocks. You buy a ticket to be entertained. There are plenty of charities that need supporting that could do with the money instead.

Quelle surprise Claude, last again on MOTD, you boring boring clueless arrogant little man. A right back asa sub when 0-1 down and no Jay Rod in the squad. Brexit.

Pied is a converted winger (he's played most of his career there) - his natural instinct is to get forward. Arguably he has a more of an offensive instinct than JWP.

Quelle surprise Claude, last again on MOTD, you boring boring clueless arrogant little man. A right back asa sub when 0-1 down and no Jay Rod in the squad. Brexit.

To be fair, I didn't quite understand the booing towards that. I just feel some fans needed to boo at that point. As a sub, it made sense. Pied was/and can play as a right winger and did at times last season, but it's all pretty much immaterial as it was too late anyway.

Cedric was waving goodbye on the lap of honour. Some idiots were booing CP as he was applauding the crowd, I want him gone but that was out of order imo.

The fact that a team who only scored 17 goals at home all season has finished 8th just shows what a terrible league it's been this season. West Brom failed to win any of their last nine games and we only overtook them on goal difference

It is just a relief this turgid season is now over and I'm actually for the first time looking forward to the summer break. I have renewed my ST but am really hoping we have a new manager when we come back in August.

Did not stay for the players lap today and that is a first for me as I was so disappointed in the performance today.,what sort of reception did the Frenchman get.

It was a strange affair. Some players dribbled out and then the odd one or two. Puel and Black walked round on their own in the middle of it all. He received some polite applause but there were some boos. I don't think anybody was shouting 'Puel'.

To be fair, I didn't quite understand the booing towards that. I just feel some fans needed to boo at that point. As a sub, it made sense. Pied was/and can play as a right winger and did at times last season, but it's all pretty much immaterial as it was too late anyway.

Its actually the other way around. He's a winger first, fullback second.

I'd be happy for puel to stay, but also wouldn't be too fussed if he went. He has to hit the ground running next season, otherwise he'll have to go the way of Louis XVI. Do saints stick by him, shift out the players of discontent and hope for better things? Or start all anew. Le choix est difficle!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

JWP's reaction when he saw his number up said it all for me. His head went back in a 'oh no, not me' manner. This man has no idea how to motivate and inspire.

I'd be happy for puel to stay, but also wouldn't be too fussed if he went. He has to hit the ground running next season, otherwise he'll have to go the way of Louis XVI. Do saints stick by him, shift out the players of discontent and hope for better things? Or start all anew. Le choix est difficle!

If I had seen anything tactically to see him address our barren run then I would agree.

Interesting listening to his Blackmore interview asking the board for more strikers....didnt sound like he was out soon.

Meeting tomorrow with the board.

To be fair today was the first time I heard anyone signing for Puel's head.

Out of interest, do you have a season ticket? If you do then fair play for being so objective. I'm trying to be but on the basis that we've only scored 17 times in 19 games (and on the basis 9 of those were scored in, I think, three games) I'm really struggling to get excited about another season watching a Claude Puel saints team.

Yes I have a season ticket, have had one for years. Go to plenty of aways, did Milan and Prague, Vitesse and Denmark last season. Maybe I'm objective about it because I've seen it all before. We've been a hell of a lot worse than this before. What irritates me is that we aren't that bad yet people are whining like we're down the bottom of the league.

If I had seen anything tactically to see him address our barren run then I would agree.

Interesting listening to his Blackmore interview asking the board for more strikers....didnt sound like he was out soon.

If he thinks the answer is more strikers, then hopefully the board will tell him to do one.

Pretty predictable once again and that score line wasn't a suprise. Stoke were poor and I've absolutely no idea why we persisted with one up top, I'd have gone to a mid field 4 and put gabby on with Austin upfront. Stoke were never going to dominate the ball so couldn't see why we didn't try it. No risk as we still had a sub left.

puel does need to go along with black as it's simply not working and the club will need a lift going into next season as without change I really can't see any improvement. Start the process now and give someone an opportunity to have a decent pre season.

Yes I have a season ticket, have had one for years. Go to plenty of aways, did Milan and Prague, Vitesse and Denmark last season. Maybe I'm objective about it because I've seen it all before. We've been a hell of a lot worse than this before. What irritates me is that we aren't that bad yet people are whining like we're down the bottom of the league.

Fair enough. I'm in a similar situation to you and have seen it go wrong. I want a chance as I don't see us kicking on under Puel but I'm not 100% confident in our board to get the right man in.

I've said before that I don't agree with how Puel has treated some players but that's not going to make me boo him, or any players.

We scored 2 goals the game before last, do they not count? Yes the home record isn't great but we have still had a reasonably decent season, definitely not bad enough for poeple to be reacting the way they do.

Total b***ocks. You buy a ticket to be entertained. There are plenty of charities that need supporting that could do with the money instead.

You buy a ticket to get into the ground. If you want gauranteed entertainment you're spending your money on the wrong thing.

The only positive I took from the game is that Romeo was very good all over the pitch again.

I liked the fact they played Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden at half time in tribute to Chris Cornell. Nice touch.

If we actually had some players that could convert chances (apart from gabbi... who still has a lot to prove), then this season might be a different story