Puel to be axed next week

once_bitterne

Adkins had Danny Fox at left back and Kelvin in goal, I rest my case m'lord

Precisely:Danny Fox was one of the worse left backs ever in any league for any club and certainly us.

Talking of 'favourites' who should never be picked if Puel has that problem, on the Fox issue so did Adkins ....

Managers who have favourited will fail and Puel and Adkins may well have that in common...

Precisely:Danny Fox was one of the worse left backs ever in any league for any club and certainly us.

Talking of 'favourites' who should never be picked if Puel has that problem, on the Fox issue so did Adkins ....

Managers who have favourited will fail and Puel and Adkins may well have that in common...

So much wrong with this post.

We do have an ungrateful bunch of fans, we are likely to finish 8/9th, the club will benefit by millions due to the high place in the league and still the manager is goign to be sacked.

I do hope you fans who want him gone know what we may get once he's gone. The squad any manger would inherit will struggle to get the team up higher in the league. If they have a fit Austin Gabbi, and VVD then they would have a chance,

Apparently (I was told this some months ago ) Steve Bruce is great friends with Les.

DAWSON? bruce looks like him!l

Puel deserves the sack for not playing players like Jay Rod Classie and Caceres more and upsetting the players with the system, not his league finish and cup final appearance.

Jay Rod is showing flashes of his former self and I feel a full season this year of regular football would of set him up well for next season to bang in 12-15 goals as part of a regular rotation with Austin and Gabba, he has 5 goals in the prem and could of easily IMO had 8-10 goals if he had more playing time.

Classie I feel this year in the games he has played been better than last season, JWP has been getting game time when he has had some poor games, Stephens is overrated for me by many on this website, he's a good CB but not someone I want starting regularly for a team whos aim is to finish 7th-9th each season and would like to have seen him rotated more with Caceres, makes me laugh if he thinks you shouldnt mix the defence up but its fine to drop inform attacking players.

Players reaction on Sunday on the lap of appreciation will be the real sign for me and if the rumours are true, if the rumours are not true then I think he will be kept for one more season should we win on Sunday and finish 8th.

Not if Nigel Adkins is coming back it wont great for us at the time but not now surely

Nigel has been here a few times lately usually with a beaming smile so it will be no surprise to me if he joins the coaching staff in some capacity but unlikely surely to be first team manager?

The junior sides have been a disaster this year so Hunter & Jaidi might be jettisoned. Nigel could take over as either Academy director or to coach the junior teams. Why not, he's out of work and would be a tremendous asset.

See, this is when you discredit yourself. You know that Nigel took us up through the leagues with a vastly superior squad to anyone else until we reached the top flight, without looking, I would imagine that his win % is better than that of Poch and Koeman too. You are comparing apples with oranges and look a fool for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you could not be more wrong. You can only beat what is in front of you and Nigel did just that. Everyone worried that his squad couldn't hack it in the Championship and look what happened, he stormed it and then they said we couldn't hack it in the PL and look what happened etc.

It's cheap and disingenuous to say that he was gifted a world class squad as 'though he had nothing to do with the rise of the new Southampton and developing players like Ricky Lambert, Lallana and Schneiderlin to their full potential and international status. Of course he was instrumental in all of that.

We owe Cortese and Markus more than anyone else in recent history, and yet fans will still attack NC on here with no remorse, and no matter how much crap they spout doing it. He had no hand in any good decisions and was responsible for every bad one according to some on here. You couldn't make it up. I suspect in 10years time led Reed will have been responsible for ML buying the club in the first place, and NC will have been written into the history books as being responsible for not signing back up for VVD. HTH.

Yep! and Fraser Forster will have to shoulder some of the blame for not being here at the time.....

No you could not be more wrong. You can only beat what is in front of you and Nigel did just that. Everyone worried that his squad couldn't hack it in the Championship and look what happened, he stormed it and then they said we couldn't hack it in the PL and look what happened etc.

It's cheap and disingenuous to say that he was gifted a world class squad as 'though he had nothing to do with the rise of the new Southampton and developing players like Ricky Lambert, Lallana and Schneiderlin to their full potential and international status. Of course he was instrumental in all of that.

I'm fairly certain I could be a lot more wrong than that. Don't make this about something that it is not, I loved Atkins, I was gutted when he was sacked, I have nothing but excellent memories of his tenure and what I said takes absolutely nothing away from what he did for us. My point still stands though, his win % was higher because the team he had was largely better than the teams around him in league one and the championship. Comparing a league one and championship promotion side to Puel's side now is disingenuous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We owe Cortese and Markus more than anyone else in recent history, and yet fans will still attack NC on here with no remorse, and no matter how much crap they spout doing it. He had no hand in any good decisions and was responsible for every bad one according to some on here. You couldn't make it up. I suspect in 10years time led Reed will have been responsible for ML buying the club in the first place, and NC will have been written into the history books as being responsible for not signing back up for VVD. HTH.

Well, you can make it up and here you are.

You've changed your tune. I thought people who thought 8th in the table was a good achievement were all brainwashed by Les Reed?
Finishing 8th with what has gone on considerig the board selling the best players is doing well. Add to that the cup final and Puel has done ok and does not deserve to lose his job.

Now the major clubs have got their acts together 8th may well be the glass ceiling we will never push through. We had our chance but missed it, sums up our team funnily enough

I wonder if NC was still here, whether I would still be a ST holder? Turned the club into something pretty unattractive although I am sure it had an efficiency as a streamlined corporate entity.

what has changed since he left?

at least we are not an unattractive, closed shop, corporate machine that Angleman didnt like

oh.

Perhaps he didnt like Cortese as he thought he was keeping top players (Shaw, Lallana, Lovren, Lambert, Chambers, Morgan, Clyne ect) here against their will?

Reed has simply released the poor prisoners

Finishing 8th with what has gone on considerig the board selling the best players is doing well. Add to that the cup final and Puel has done ok and does not deserve to lose his job.

Now the major clubs have got their acts together 8th may well be the glass ceiling we will never push through. We had our chance but missed it, sums up our team funnily enough

Welcome to the great brainwashed. You're very welcome here.

Not the words of a manger who will be leaving next week by mutual consent:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/claude-puel-insists-hell-still-10458554

Most worrying thing in that article is the caption under a photograph of Ralph and Puel together.

Southampton Chairman Ralph Krueger has left Les Reed in charge of Claude Puel's fate

Seriously wonder if Reed can be relied upon to make this decision for the right reasons.

I think people always attach to much sentimentality to managers losing their jobs in professional football. In the end at the top end of the pyramid they get extremely well paid to produce results, in the ultimate results driven industry. It's not really a question he doesn't deserve to lose his job because we finished 8th and reached a cup final, its at the end of the day could someone else do a little bit better in some other areas. If he loses his job he will get extremely well compensated, and walk straight into another one. I don't suppose Puel or many other managers attach too much sentimentality to their current employer.

I think people always attach to much sentimentality to managers losing their jobs in professional football. In the end at the top end of the pyramid they get extremely well paid to produce results, in the ultimate results driven industry. It's not really a question he doesn't deserve to lose his job because we finished 8th and reached a cup final, its at the end of the day could someone else do a little bit better in some other areas. If he loses his job he will get extremely well compensated, and walk straight into another one. I don't suppose Puel or many other managers attach too much sentimentality to their current employer.

I think most managers these days would expect their tenure to be 1 or 2 years especially if they come to us. The 1st year to get their ideas across and if that works out reasonably well a second year to have a real go. After that get sacked or are offered another contract which they turn down in favour of a better offer elsewhere.

Pretty worried about some of the stuff I'm reading here. There is no doubt that Adkins, Poch and Kidman all did great jobs - I cannot believe anyone can have a pop at Adkins who in 3 seasons took us from league 1 to safety in the Prem - irrelevant of resources available (yes we spend silly money in lg1 - but to go straight through the champ was incredible - look at the players Rednapp or Burley had and the pigs ear they made of it). Maybe Puel is a victim of comparison to others who have overachieved. But let's not run down the clear success of others. That said in all that time we won nothing of note - I'm sick of our fans pretending we are successful - the trophy cabinet is bare and that is unacceptable. I've supported saints for 35 years and we've won a JPT and a Kassam Cup (on pens) which is utterly pathetic. We can laugh at P*mpey but they have won leagues 2, champs and FA cup in that time. I'm probably getting old and miserable but I would very much like us to win something of note before I die - which also current run rate is unlikely !

He's got to go. His tactics and substitutions are horrendous. Crying out for more players in the box so takes Austin off. Brilliant logic. Doesn't change anything during game. Players must have had nap at HT as the second half started even worse.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Incredible to think we finished 8th with only 17 goals at home.