Slow Hand Clap

spyinthesky

Not suggesting this is a good idea but during part of the generally the turgid first half v Man Utd I reflected back on the days of Branfoot and other periods when the team were playing poorly at the The Dell.

There may have been the occasional boo at the end of the game but distinctly remember bouts of slow hand clapping.

Despite supporter dissatisfaction, especially this season, cant ever remember the slow hand clap at SMS

Not suggesting this is a good idea but during part of the generally the turgid first half v Man Utd I reflected back on the days of Branfoot and other periods when the team were playing poorly at the The Dell.

There may have been the occasional boo at the end of the game but distinctly remember bouts of slow hand clapping.

Despite supporter dissatisfaction, especially this season, cant ever remember the slow hand clap at SMS

I'm glad you're not suggesting it. Truly awful idea. I do not accept that the players aren't trying. They need encouragement, not moronic disapproval.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yup. Got it in one.

We lost the cup final FFS

It was fantastic to get to a cup final.

But we blew it... . We had 15 days to prepare vs Man Us 3 days and we bodged it.

The same people that say performances mean nothing... "Its all about the league placing" are the same ones to raise the decent EFL cup performance as some kind of pass for blowing the cup final.

Need to make their minds up

And let's not forget, we could be watching a record 5th goalless Saints performance in a row! What's not to celebrate :)

Puel is breaking records...

4 home games without a goal

17 home goals (a new record low?)

No wins over top 6 (12 fails)

Potential quadruple if we finish below AFCB for first time in 70 odd years

Edited by Heisenberg

Quadruple, what the actual **** are you blabbering on about?

So? I'd still rather have a cup run and get to the final and not win. Than get knocked in a early round maybe I'm just weird like that.

We threw the FA Cup. Why is it Ok to be pleased about getting to one final but not about giving up without a fight in the other?

We threw the FA Cup. Why is it Ok to be pleased about getting to one final but not about giving up without a fight in the other?

Who was pleased about the FA cup? I was steaming about us making so little effort. It still shouldn't distract from the fact we got to a cup final something that is apparently now easy and no big deal which is probably why saints get to so many.....

Who was pleased about the FA cup? I was steaming about us making so little effort. It still shouldn't distract from the fact we got to a cup final something that is apparently now easy and no big deal which is probably why saints get to so many.....

Why couldn't we have had two?

I'm far from happy but 8th matches my expectations.

The football has on the whole been boring and needs to be addressed for the new season.

But let's not stand in the way of maximizing earnings and let the board sort out the direction once monies are banked.

Always look on the bright side, eh ?

You must enjoy supporting the Saints !

:mcinnes:

So? I'd still rather have a cup run and get to the final and not win. Than get knocked in a early round maybe I'm just weird like that.

Exactly right, very odd to dismiss it. Equally, people saying they'd rather be entertaining and finish 16th is surely just a case of greener grass. All bets are off if you are fighting relegation, and no-one wants to be midtable all year only to end up dropping to 16th.

However, 9th or 10th instead of 8th with more entertaining football at home is not such an unrealistic argument. Furthermore, I think the real argument is, or should be, "8th is decent, but we are good enough to be closer to 7th, and we could do that if we implemented different tactics and showed more attacking intent". Who would disagree with that sentiment?

Part of the problem is that lack of goals breeds lack of goals.

There have been plenty of matches this season where we've played pretty well for the first half but just not stuck it in the net. I'd wager that in quite a few of those matches, had we done so, we may well have rolled over teams in the second half and scored more. In fact, when I can be bothered I might go back and look at the matches where we scored in the first half and see what happened. Although off the top of my head, now I think about it, I remember the Spurs match where we scored first then got stuffed. So I might not bother.

Part of the problem is that lack of goals breeds lack of goals.

There have been plenty of matches this season where we've played pretty well for the first half but just not stuck it in the net. I'd wager that in quite a few of those matches, had we done so, we may well have rolled over teams in the second half and scored more. In fact, when I can be bothered I might go back and look at the matches where we scored in the first half and see what happened. Although off the top of my head, now I think about it, I remember the Spurs match where we scored first then got stuffed. So I might not bother.

West Ham ;)

The subs don't help. Changing two players like for like on 60 minutes disrupts the team.