Highlight of the Season

Lighthouse

I'm going to be controversial and say nothing astonishing will happen against Stoke tomorrow. That being the case which moment sticks in your mind most vividly?

Cup final and Anfield aside it's fairly slim pickings, it has to be said. Beating Inter was decent and Sparta, after which I thought we'd have a real crack at Europe.

Gabbi's second goal at Wembley even if the outcome wasn't the fairytale ending, what a moment with 30,000 other Saints fans all swinging scarves and singing louder than ever. Closely followed by Arsenal away in the cup, my first game at The Emirates and a great performance coupled with 5,000 odd Saints fans going mad, brilliant.

Gabbi's second goal at Wembley even if the outcome wasn't the fairytale ending, what a moment with 30,000 other Saints fans all swinging scarves and singing louder than ever.

This without a doubt, wonderful few minutes that was.

Aside from that Milan at home.

Gabbi's second goal at Wembley even if the outcome wasn't the fairytale ending, what a moment with 30,000 other Saints fans all swinging scarves and singing louder than ever. Closely followed by Arsenal away in the cup, my first game at The Emirates and a great performance coupled with 5,000 odd Saints fans going mad, brilliant.

20 glorious minutes. Pure joy, pure hope.

San Siro also fantastic.

Everton at home was satisfying on all kinds of levels.

As others have said the cup final when Gabbi scored that second especially, plus the singing of OWTS as one.

That has to be closely followed by the trip to Milan, we had a bit of a road trip having flown into and out of Geneva, what a wheeze.......... but almost 7000 Saints fans in the San Siro singing their faces off (again as one) for a club of our size that is bloody impressive.

So it's all been about we the fans!!!

On the pitch West Ham away was fun.......... But Jack Stephens getting a toe to the ball in the box ahead of the slimy diving Origi, the resulting corner coming into our box and being headed away to Josh Sims who just put his foot down and was off up the Anfield pitch, having the presence of mind to run across the front of the retreating Liverpool player, then passing to Shane Long who simply just puts it in the back of the net.

Lets hope this thread is a bit more action packed next May

Nothing this season has even come close to the last minute winner at Anfield. Nothing.

Those of us lucky enough to be there, the proper fans, not the whinging, moaning kn_obs, but those who go to games, will remember the absolute outpouring of unbridled ecstasy and the best "lose the plot" goal celebration ever. Being stood on my seat, next to my lad, singing "Que sera sera" with tears rolling down my cheeks was beyond wonderful.

I wouldn't have missed it for the world, recovering from cancer or not.

The whole Wembley experience by a mile. And this being the moment of the match.

Close second has to be the magic of 30,00 phone torches from the Saints stands celebrating Gabbi's goal.

Same again next year please.

Nothing this season has even come close to the last minute winner at Anfield. Nothing.

Those of us lucky enough to be there, the proper fans, not the whinging, moaning kn_obs, but those who go to games, will remember the absolute outpouring of unbridled ecstasy and the best "lose the plot" goal celebration ever. Being stood on my seat, next to my lad, singing "Que sera sera" with tears rolling down my cheeks was beyond wonderful.

This, completely and utterly was the best moment of the season and of many seasons before. Truly unforgettable. What a night.

Liverpool Semi final, Wembley, the San Siro, West Ham away, City away. All big moments this year, but all away.

Best home day was the Inter game by a mile, nothing else has come close at home. League wise the home season hasn't started.

Liverpool Semi final, Wembley, the San Siro, West Ham away, City away. All big moments this year, but all away.

Best home day was the Inter game by a mile, nothing else has come close at home. League wise the home season hasn't started.

Liverpool in the EFL was pretty special

Arsenal away in the LC was pretty good as well. But apart from Liverpool in the LC at home and beating Inter at home, I can't think of too many good memories of the season at SMS. The best times have been away (even Wembley and Inter when we lost).

And much of the football that we have seen at home has been dire.

Easily the Shane Long goal at Anfield, probably more so for those of us that were there. Epic celebrations.

The cup final equalising goal was special too.

Milan at home...I think people mis-remember that game a lot. My recollection is we were very poor and got lucky to beat them.

Easily the Shane Long goal at Anfield, probably more so for those of us that were there. Epic celebrations.

The cup final equalising goal was special too.

Milan at home...I think people mis-remember that game a lot. My recollection is we were very poor and got lucky to beat them.

was that the one where Olomola came on, and went on a mad rum across their defence like he was being chased by fierce animals and Claude rushing out to the edge of the technical area telling him to calm down.

Gabbiadini and Long's goals were the moments but I think the full 90 minutes at home to Inter, from fear to grievance to elation, is worth a mention. Real shame we've gone through the season without any scalps in the league, those tend to be the most memorable days.

Agree on this and some didn't go because as they put it we won't win up there! What a night, what a feeling!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has to be Shane Long at Anfield for me. One of those moments we live for as football fans.

Injury time, anticipation as Josh brings the ball from our own penalty area, pass, intake of breath, it's Shane Long!!!, Goal!!!! We are in the final.

Has to be Shane Long at Anfield for me. One of those moments we live for as football fans.

Injury time, anticipation as Josh brings the ball from our own penalty area, pass, intake of breath, it's Shane Long!!!, Goal!!!! We are in the final.

Shane Long goal at Anfield definitely the moment of the season for me

Was up there as one of best I've ever been in attendance at with Steve Moran at Pompey and Bobby Stokes at Wembley

Apart from that generally disappointing season but despite the performances really enjoyed attending all the Europa League away games