Tadic: Stay or Go?

SuperSAINT

He is slow he needs pace around him so playing him with Austin and JWP really doesn't pay. I thought he would link up well with Gabbi but they don't seem to have clicked much at all. What really frustrates me is how ****ing bad he is at shooting.

Agree with this.

He misses Pelle, I think. Seems to work better with someone who can hold it up so he can make an 'unexpectedly slinky run' somewhere up the inside channel (oo-er!). Austin is the only player likely to do the holding up job, and he's very different to Graziano.

Regarding his shooting: he doesn't stand out as being bad because nobody has really been that good this season (Gabbi & Austin both had a 'hot' patch). He's probably somewhere just north of Long in the 'shooting quality' list, though.

Unless we get a proper target man I think Tadic's days at Saints are numbered. Shame, really.

Everton aside, Sims has done nowhere near enough to warrant a place in the team yet. If he is starting next season, we really are in trouble.

Tadic has done nothing this season to warrant a place in the side either.

Has to stay. Unlike the rest of the miserable s0ds, took the time to have his picture taken with my two boys after the game today, so he is now their hero. He can't go.

On the playing front, I too get frustrated when he throws his arms around blaming everyone else when it goes wrong. He's had a dip in form, but not alone there. Still think there is a quality player in there who can hopefully click with Gabbi next season.

After someone who can stick the ball in the net, players with creativity who can cope with the Premier League are the hardest to find. They also tend to be the most inconsistent of players!

It's difficult when we don't have any other legitimate threats for the other team to worry about. I remember at the San Siro they stuck two men on Tadic in the second half and nullified him.

My biggest frustration with him is his lack of resilience when things aren't suiting him. He doesn't seem to be able to, or want to stamp his own authority on a match. Bournemouth home was the best example of this. Brilliant in patches, missing in others, depending on how the game was fitting with how he likes to play. Having said that, can a team like ours afford to get rid of someone who is brilliant in patches. Without him we'd just have players who were "ok most of the time".

Keep him.

On his day (admittedly few and far between this season), he is a fantastic player capable of leaving any defender for dead.

I think it's our set up and formation around him that has nullified his effectiveness this year. A change of manager could well give us the "good" Tadic back.

I hope.