Tadic: Stay or Go?

SuperSAINT

Been mulling this over for a while...

When on form, one of our best players. Poor for large parts of the season.

He supposedly wanted out last summer before signing a new contract... Has undoubtedly missed Pelle & Sadio.

What would you do if we got a big offer for him?

Big offer - Sell, although I can't say he's done anywhere near enough to warrant that kind of interest

Otherwise - Keep. He's a useful option to have. Inconsistent but on his day devastating.

One of those who could be doing a lot better were it not for our dreadful style of play. If we can get him in and around Gabbi next season, with the right tactics, they will do well together.

He's class when he can be arsed to play 100%. He seems to start the season strong and then fade into winter. I didn't like his grousing in the media this season about being subbed, nor did I like that his public complaining seemed to get him a result- he played the full 90 minutes for several games afterwards.

I think that he's too good to let go unless we have someone with top-end skills waiting in the wings.

Easy to say get rid but he is a semi reliable creator of chances, certainly our best.

Would only sell if we had someone coming in who perhaps offered creativity in a different sort of style, but there are players we woulf benefit from selling far more: Clasie and Long to name two.

Who would you replace him with?

I'm sure with our scouting network and magical black box Les can identify an upgrade on Tadic. He's not exactly prolific in front of goal for a 'playmaker' and how many games this season has he actually dictated the play? The first team needs improving and that includes his position.

I'm sure with our scouting network and magical black box Les can identify an upgrade on Tadic. He's not exactly prolific in front of goal for a 'playmaker' and how many games this season has he actually dictated the play? The first team needs improving and that includes his position.

I wonder whether at 28, if a big bid of around £20-25m came in for him, we might accept.

If you look at his stats since he came to the Prem he's in the top 5/6 assist makers in the league I think. I'm not sure I'd be quite so confident of the black box replacing a player who on his day is genuine top quality.

Cheers of the answers so far. It's no coincidence that our main chance creator & assist-getter would have a bad season when we can't hit a barn door!

I understand he is 3rd in the list of chances created in the Premier League. That is pretty special for a club like ours. Perhaps we all need to look for another explanation as to why he is so ineffective this season?

Whilst I accept that the chances he has created may not have been taken, his overall play has been stunted by our negative approach (particularly at home where we haven't scored since it seems Derek Reeves retired - or does it just seem like that?)

If you look at his stats since he came to the Prem he's in the top 5/6 assist makers in the league I think. I'm not sure I'd be quite so confident of the black box replacing a player who on his day is genuine top quality.

There's an argument to be made that Paul Mitchell was a bigger miss than we thought.

He supposedly wanted out last summer before signing a new contract... Has undoubtedly missed Pelle & Sadio.

Sell

Put Boufal on right and get Ziyech in at no.10

Lovely player, crates so much when in the mood, but hes not going to be happy sitting on the bench (and shouldn't be sat on our bench) , and that's where he needs to be if we're to get the best out of Boufal.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Many of our players seem below average at the moment so I'm putting a lot of it down to style of play.

I understand he is 3rd in the list of chances created in the Premier League. That is pretty special for a club like ours. Perhaps we all need to look for another explanation as to why he is so ineffective this season?

Whilst I accept that the chances he has created may not have been taken, his overall play has been stunted by our negative approach (particularly at home where we haven't scored since it seems Derek Reeves retired - or does it just seem like that?)

I've never been a great fan of Tadic but you've got a point regarding tactics. He hasn't been helped in that respect this season. (I'd still sell him though.)

Sell. One of the biggest culprits when it comes to us not being able to hit a barn door yet gets away with it to some extent and for some reason he is seen as a midfielder rather than a forward who is often playing higher up the pitch than anyone else in the team.

2 goals from open play in 3107 minutes is a pathetic return for a player in his position. And is turning 29 this year.

Tadic, Long, Rodriguez and Forster should be at top of the sale list.

Stay as infuriating as he has been for large parts of season, he has still been creating more chances than anyone else in the squad. If our strikers had been even vaguely competent this season, he wouldn't be getting half the stick he gets. He is always brave enough to try the tough pass or take a player on that settle for the easy 5 yard square ball and we don't have anyone else like that in the squad.

Feels like a long, long time ago but the best i've ever seen him was at the start of this season after making the decision to stay and signing a new contract. Pity things never progressed.

In a season where everyone offensive was disappointing in one way or another, he still got 7 assists and I would wager is right up there in the key chances created statistic. Keep him.

add on the left, sign another defensive midfielder to play on Romeu and we have a bloody good midfield.

Oops, posted too soon, add Tadic on left instead of Redmond sign another defensive midfielder to play on Romeu and we have a bloody good midfield

Don't let the door bang on his backside on the way out.

Said for a long time he flatters to deceive, shows odd flashes of brilliance, but overall not as good as he thinks he is, when he loses the ball for the umpteenth time in a game he blames everyone else in pointing distance.

One of the most frustrating players. Clearly has ability but no application. And when he needs to deliver, he disappears. Will obviously score against us for another club

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk