SWEEPSTAKE ALERT - Puel departure announcement timing - all welcome

CB Fry

Saintsweb nostalgia fans will remember the great sweepstakes of old, and as the season draws to a close I think its high time for a new one.

So, let's have your guesses for the day and hour of the Puel departure announcement on the club official site.

Available are ONE HOUR SLOTS between 9pm tonight for the next two weeks.

It's first come first served.

One forum contributor can own "he stays for next season", they may be right, and one person can have any time after 4th June. First come first served on those two too.

Name your day and time and you own it.

My pick is 10-11am on Wednesday 24th.

Prize for the correct answer or closest without going over is ten thousand pounds*.

Good luck.

*Prize dependent on sponsor. No correspondence will be entered into. Your statutory rights are not affected.

Tuesday (23rd) lunchtime, 1pm-2pm.

But it probably won't be. We'll drag it on far too long, take too long to appoint a new manager, and leave signings until too close to the start of the season. Selling players however, that will happen pretty quickly. I'm aiming to avoid the media as much as possible this summer. :D

I'm always hoping to be surprised though. :rolleyes:

I don't know the time but it'll sound something like this I bet:

-----------

Official Club Statement

Southampton Football Club would like to announce that manager Claude Puel has left the club with immediate effect.

Backroom Staff Eric Black and Pascal Planque have also departed by mutual consent.

The club would like to place on record their sincere thanks for the hard work of Claude and his staff and the memories, most notably the EFL Cup run.

We wish Claude all the very best for the future.

--------

Executive Director/Football Genius Les Reed;

"Claude done a magnificent job in testing circumstances but unfortunately we both felt, after a thorough review of the season, that it wasnt working out for all the parties involved.

As you are all aware, any new manager considered by the club is subject to our rigourous recruitment process - which enable us to select an outstanding candidate with the correct values and skill sets to take the Club forward and build on the successes of recent seasons.

I anticipate that interest in the vacancy will be high - we have a first-class squad, academy and facilities here - and any progressive and forward-thinking manager will likely be interested in this role.

The process to identify and procure an outstanding manager will begin shortly."

Tuesday (23rd) lunchtime, 1pm-2pm.

But it probably won't be. We'll drag it on far too long, take too long to appoint a new manager, and leave signings until too close to the start of the season. Selling players however, that will happen pretty quickly. I'm aiming to avoid the media as much as possible this summer. :D

I'm always hoping to be surprised though. :rolleyes:

Exactly accurate....

Unusual situation having a manager who doesn't appear to be walking out on the club.

The 8th place finish feels artificial because the points total doesn't seem to deserve it, while the low goals scored total disappoints. We have a good set of strikers in Gabbi, Austin, Long, Redmond, JRod and Boufal but none have achieved as much as they should be capable of. Just not sure how much of that is the manager's fault or why. For no reason I can identify, I don't feel confident in Black and Plancque. Also the struggle with Claud's communication skills has an effect, however unfairly.

Suppose I won't be surprised if he stays but won't be disappointed if he goes. The main thing is that either way a decision should be announced to end the speculation.

General election is only s fortnight away. Could be a good time to bury bad news.

I'm sure the club don't give a toss what anyone but the fans think, but if was advising them from a PR POV then that's when I would do it.

General election is only s fortnight away. Could be a good time to bury bad news.

I'm sure the club don't give a toss what anyone but the fans think, but if was advising them from a PR POV then that's when I would do it.

They've got Election Day pencilled in to announce VVD and Bertrand's move to Liverpool :(

The clue is in the pre match music.

Les will do it "my way"

The more the fans are against Puel the more likely he'll keep him.... Just to show he's the boss.

Think despite everything he will give him another season.

Really hope im wrong