SWEEPSTAKE ALERT - Puel departure announcement timing - all welcome

CB Fry

It's beginning to look like he's staying. Many of us are going to find that very hard to handle. So much for the power of the people.

The season only finished three days ago I have no idea if the board will back him or sack him but you can hardly make an assumption, one way or the other, so soon

It's beginning to look like he's staying. Many of us are going to find that very hard to handle. So much for the power of the people.

At least the ticket office staff will have a nice, easy, stress-free summer. Every cloud and all that.

I hope, if he stays, we have a good start to the season. If we don't it could become pretty toxic, pretty quickly and I don't think we will recover from that.

As long as we get Spurs away early on,Will he also be the first manager since Lawrie to take us to Wembley in two consequetive seasons?

On balance I'd prefer him to stay rather than throw things up in the air again. Yes, the performances at home have been lacklustre but he deserves the chance to make amends. One change I would make is to get rid of Black. The man is mediocrity personified.

I hope, if he stays, we have a good start to the season. If we don't it could become pretty toxic, pretty quickly and I don't think we will recover from that.

As long as we get Spurs away early on,Will he also be the first manager since Lawrie to take us to Wembley in two consequetive seasons?

Lol i can see the MLG thread already

Would be desperately disappointed to keep Puel and Black.

Would simply be avoiding the inevitable and would cost us another season looking at the bottom of the table.

Genuinely don't think i can watch many more of Puels "performances"

Even if he did stay it just means he gets sack in the middle of next season. He's struggling, fans aren't happy, people look likely to leave. Can't see any way he suddenly becomes a great premier league manager and turns it round.

I remember people saying similar about Mane in his 1st season. Now they call him world class and say £36m wasn't enough.

Puel just needs to gets backed with signings in the summer.

I remember people saying similar about Mane in his 1st season. Now they call him world class and say £36m wasn't enough.

Puel just needs to gets backed with signings in the summer.

Do you reckon the people slagging off mane were the ones subsequently calling him world class? Or do you think they might have been different posters?

Why do people thinks he's now staying?

Information or just the fact it hasn't been announced yet?

Genuine question, have I missed something?

I don't think you've missed anything it's just the latest assumptions by some on here as he hasn't been publicly flogged and dragged to the gallows-yet.

Lol i can see the MLG thread already

Would be desperately disappointed to keep Puel and Black.

Would simply be avoiding the inevitable and would cost us another season looking at the bottom of the table.

Genuinely don't think i can watch many more of Puels "performances"

We never had a season looking at the bottom of the table except for Poch`s first season.... not since we came back to the top flight

Best news ever for this site

Just a prediction. I think it would be a good idea to get the news out there and let people have their meltdown over the long weekend.

Think we'll see a puff piece from a friendly journo before the club take plunge with official announcement. What a good job puel has done, unnamed key players desperate for him to stay, Saints keen to fight off interest from other clubs etc.

It's because people assume that the meeting would happen 9am on Monday and therefore should have been announced by. The afternoon.

My intimation that Puel is staying is purely gut feeling! He has 2 years on contract, so we have to sack him. Is Les going to admit he was wrong and sack a manager who finished 8th (albeit alongside very mediocre mid table teams) and got us to a cup final! Not sure personally, think he will back him but with a proviso that we have to crank it all up a notch or two

My intimation that Puel is staying is purely gut feeling! He has 2 years on contract, so we have to sack him. Is Les going to admit he was wrong and sack a manager who finished 8th (albeit alongside very mediocre mid table teams) and got us to a cup final! Not sure personally, think he will back him but with a proviso that we have to crank it all up a notch or two

That would be a refreshingly sensible and balanced statement to make

Because the same knee-jerk mentality that says he's crap and must be leaving without any consideration of the external factors is the same knee-jerk mentality that says if Saints haven't announced he's leaving by the end of the week following the season that he must therefore be staying, without any consideration of the external factors.

I genuinely don't see any reason to fire him, but I did hear a few rumours over the weekend that made me think we might be. They certainly suited the "Puel Out" group though, all about which players he'd fallen out with and how they'd leave if he didn't. Taken with a pinch of salt, the overarching takeover is likely to be more of a determinant of Puel's future (though if there's a borderline decision, his ability to get another job to be spun as progression for him would probably be a factor).

You know someone posted on here yesterday that we were talking to a "big name"?

My housemate is a Birmingham City fan and he's just told me their local paper is reporting that Zola is talking to another club in England...Dear God no!!!

You know someone posted on here yesterday that we were talking to a "big name"?

My housemate is a Birmingham City fan and he's just told me their local paper is reporting that Zola is talking to another club in England...Dear God no!!!

I'm always at a loss to see why people haven't worked out that we have a very specific type of recruit. Zola is about as far from a Saints managerial appointment as you can get. Our general competence at this kind of stuff is how we've gone past the likes of Villa, Newcastle etc.

How long does a 'review' take?

Surely the guy deserves to know one way or the other by now....

If this is indecision then that really is not the best management style for us. Voids leave players to have their own 'reviews' which often do not come out well for us.......

Why do people think there will necessarily be an official announcement if Puel stays on? Surely that would be an admission his job was under threat and only put a ridiculous amount of pressure on him at the start of next season.

Anyone remember how this outstanding character got on the following season after a 'positive' end of year review?:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/confirmed-brendan-rodgers-stay-liverpool-9378954

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The owner was here on Sunday so the review and board meetings will have taken place earlier this week before she flew home or to the Seychelles. Once a decision was made on Puel's future why would they sit on it?

If he was sacked along with his henchmen what makes anybody think that there would not have been some leaks from the sacked people, because they certainly would not have been happy people at losing their jobs. As the old saying goes, there is no good way to tell somebody that they have been made redundant so sacking them is many times worse.

That we have heard nothing all week suggest only that he is staying. We all guessed that Puel was a Reed appointment so there was no chance Reed would admit failure and lose face by firing the bloke he had only recently sold to the board as the natural successor to pick up the reigns from Pochettino & Koeman and the next best thing to sliced bread.

I'd love to have these words thrown back at me by opposite events but thigrows less likely by the day.

Think they'll announce it over the weekend sometime.

Even if he did stay it just means he gets sack in the middle of next season. He's struggling, fans aren't happy, people look likely to leave. Can't see any way he suddenly becomes a great premier league manager and turns it round.

I can. Bring in a quality striker to join Gabbi and Austin, a quality DM to supplement Romeu, a quality CB to play alongside VVD, and a quality GK to back-up/alternate with FF. Get rid of JRod and Black. Sorted. Claude will become a legend.

Think he is staying. I am sure review completed. He is under contract so no need to announce anything unless he is going.

I believe those who say we will be relegated with him are being a bit of a "drama queen" He did not get us relegated this year so why should he next.

Unless he changes then we will be bored ..itless at home games but he and the team have enough about them to stay above the dross points wise.

Think he is staying. I am sure review completed. He is under contract so no need to announce anything unless he is going.

I believe those who say we will be relegated with him are being a bit of a "drama queen" He did not get us relegated this year so why should he next.

Unless he changes then we will be bored ..itless at home games but he and the team have enough about them to stay above the dross points wise.

There's every reason. Krueger did an interview a week or two ago and refused to back him. He implied he was at very least thinking of sacking him. He released that information to us willingly so if he has now decided on keeping him, we deserve to know on what basis. Had that statement not been made, I'd agree but by making it, he's very much "involved" the fans. He can't just tell us half a story.

I'd give him another season.

Why do people think there will necessarily be an official announcement if Puel stays on? Surely that would be an admission his job was under threat and only put a ridiculous amount of pressure on him at the start of next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, if he stays there will be no announcement that he's staying.

Perhaps he's staying because of the Power of the People and the majority want him to stay?

You can't judge the feelings of the majority by litening to a few boo boys on Saturdays and the proud few on here who like to make their point again, and again,and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again......until they are conviced either everyone is with them, or everyone is wrong.

I think we need some stability and should keep Puel for next season and compare eggs with eggs and see what he can do with a fully fit team, plus a few additions.