SWEEPSTAKE ALERT - Puel departure announcement timing - all welcome

CB Fry

I think Les will keep him in limbo until after he's sold off the jewels so I'm going for...

End of June - 27 Jun

At least the season has ended.

Next season can we have a decent shirt (not the under armour bra), no 'My Way' ever again at matches - it's awful and embarrassing - and can we have a decent manager instead of some mediocre cheap one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expecting it to be sooner rather than later, in the hope it will attract more ST renewals and persuade certain players to stay.

I'm going for either today or tomorrow and for Les / Ralph to address the squad before they leave for their holidays.

Thursday 1st June 14:00. Time to review with all the relevant people, identify and sound out potential replacements, start/end of the month, and my birthday. I doubt that final piece of info will have any bearing on the decision though.

If there hasn't been an announcement by 6 pm Thursday he is staying IMHO

After Kruger's comments last week, surely there has to be a statement either way? He openly admitted they'll have a review and he might not keep his job. If he decides to keep him, I would we get a statement with that information.

After Kruger's comments last week, surely there has to be a statement either way? He openly admitted they'll have a review and he might not keep his job. If he decides to keep him, I would we get a statement with that information.

Totally agree

He'll be on his way - Reed's 'he's done OK' comments about RK when we'd had a fantastic end to last season said it all in terms of board thinking and Claude didn't even get that. Reed might wait for a couple of other clubs to dispense with their managers first possibly so less focus on it specifically. Also, if he does opt for Silva (not sure after Hull's last 3 results but a more engaging persona than Claude and judging by player feedback at Hull a better people manager), he'll have to tidy things up with Hull first with the end of his contract.

The SFC business needs to be decisive here whatever happens.

Back him this week and signal to players wanting to leave that they can go and that money will be reinvested. Some fans may not renew season tickets but the business will then need to rebuild a relationship with the lost ticket purchasers and show intent in the transfer market to repay the faith shown by customers who have purchased tickets.

Or

Get rid of Puel immediately and then get a new head coach in rapidly so the situation doesn't fester and players get unsettled, customers don't purchase season tickets whilst they await an outcome.

Decisions decision SFC board members. Over to you for whatever action you deem fit and appropriate to your long term strategy.

Agree that there has to be a statement either way now. Kreuger's 'chat over drinks' has peaked (picqed?) everyone's attention and raised this as an issue. I was one who thought Puel would force the issue overnight with a resignation or compromise agreement .. but now we have moved to this afternoon, we are into end of season review. The announcement - whatever it may be - could be any time this week.

I must admit Hull's late results have dampened my support for Silva. Hopefully there is a young manager with a penchant for attacking football ("the Southampton way") who could come in. Someone named a candidate a few days ago.

I think he will resign - French are proud people and he knows he has lost most of the fans and even some players so he will leave by midday tomorrow is my guess.

He would lose millions in compensation. Unlikely.

He openly admitted there would be an end of season football review like there is every season. Nothing at all about whether the manager's position would be discussed.

Anyway, if it happens I'm going for 7pm on Saturday 27th May - i.e. just after the FA Cup Final finishes.

I had expected a quick meeting and announcement, but as this is becoming protracted, I accept it could be any time until Christmas. They may now give him the reins until the new season and see how he makes out. Who knows? I sure as hell don't.

The season only finished two days ago, I wouldn't say it's becoming protracted just yet!

I don't know why you are all expecting such quick news, there is a much bigger picture with the takeover ongoing, i personally think nothing will happen in regards to Puel until we know if there are going to be new owners or not, and this seems partly dependent on the Premier League / Fit and proper test.

I had expected a quick meeting and announcement, but as this is becoming protracted, I accept it could be any time until Christmas. They may now give him the reins until the new season and see how he makes out. Who knows? I sure as hell don't.

I should have run a sweepstake on the first person to complain about how "protracted" it is.

I don't think I would have guessed 2pm on Tuesday though, one and a half whole working days. Jesus wept.

I think it will be after the cup final. Which Chelsea will win, and Arsene will announce he's off for the sake of the club. Also, Ajax will beat Man U. There's all your bets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk