Puel v Marco Silva

dogger

Puel v Silva since Silva took over at Hull on 5/1/17 all competitions Puels record played 24 won 9 drew 5 lost 10 goals for 29 goals against 30 Silva played 23 won 8 drew 3 lost 11 goals for 25 goals against 41 so there you go what are your thoughts shall we hire Silva or not

Got to say having seen how Hull played (or rather didn't) against Palace and Spurs in their last couple of games, I'm far from sure Silva would be an improvement.

Not to say we shouldn't make a change though - there are other managers out there!

He got them a good home "bounce" but they remained useless away from home and when the pressure was on in crunch games they were awful.

Any decision would have to be based on his whole career, not just his time at Hull but I don't think his time at Hull makes him markedly more attractive than he would have been previously; maybe a little, for now knowing the league a bit, but that's about it.

Puel v Silva since Silva took over at Hull on 5/1/17 all competitions Puels record played 24 won 9 drew 5 lost 10 goals for 29 goals against 30 Silva played 23 won 8 drew 3 lost 11 goals for 25 goals against 41 so there you go what are your thoughts shall we hire Silva or not

I'm willing to bet that, almost without exception, bottom three teams pick up more points after Christmas as players see their Premier League pay day fading into the distance.

Part of me is curious as to what MS could achieve given time and resources to build his own squad.

The other part thinks he just didn't do enough at Hull and despite an upturn in form, ultimately they bottled it big time.

I'd like to think we've been observing better options abroad.

Do we have some sort of ethical stance against trying to poach managers from other teams? We only seem to be interested in the ones who are already out of work whenever we have a vacancy, which probably isn't the best way to go about finding the right candidate. Let's just identify the next German hipster coach off the production line and blind them with TV money.

Silva doesnt speak the lingo and we cant afford to have another manager right now that doesnt.

He does, arguably better than Puel.

He done well up until the Sunderland game and then his team fell completely apart. Wouldn't read too much into the 7-1 thumping though - they'd gone by then, big time.

His style is not as pragmatic as some people say either. Worth watching a few of his games and you'll understand. He does place a lot of emphasis on organisation and solidity but has by no means produced dour football teams.

He'd be a great fit.

Tuchel would be the dream option , Silva the realistic one. Schmidt a good option too. Howe would be decent and a good fit but he'll never come to us.

A big no thank you to De Boer, Mancini, Pellegrini etc. Emery I feel wouldn't work either.

I think the huddersfield coach I forgot his name could do it. he had one of the smallest budgets in championship, and an average squad but I think he got them to the playoffs. although I think he was klopp's underling at some point and pretty much copies klopp style down to the baseball cap and beard. Liverpool fans will have a field day making jokes the day we hire him.

Silva failed at Hull

Reputation for playing unattractive defensive football

Why anyone want him as our next manager is beyond me

You might as well say that Pochettino failed at Tottenham because they didn't win the league.

Hull finishing anywhere above bottom was a massive overachievement. No-one would have kept them up. No-one.

In Silva's 18 matches he got 21 points. That works out at 44.33 points across the whole of a season.

That's 2 or 3 points less than Puel's Southampton despite having what was undeniably the worst team in the league.

That hull squad would struggle in the Championship. The fact MS gave them even a sniff of hope speaks volumes.

He would get my vote

This.

Jeremy Wilson to so we can take that as pretty much Gospel can't we?

So who else is there then.

I will read between those lines - they're telling Wilson who isnt on their shorlist, not telling him there isn't a shortlist - and conclude that Claude is toast.

Also, my sweepstake guess of Wednesday is looking good.

I was relatively in favour of Silva until the Palace game. When the Hull players needed to be up for it they offered nothing. It reminded me of how Arry failed to inspire us away at Blackburn in 2005 against a side who were never going to compete because of the semi-final the next week.

You might as well say that Pochettino failed at Tottenham because they didn't win the league.

Hull finishing anywhere above bottom was a massive overachievement. No-one would have kept them up. No-one.

In Silva's 18 matches he got 21 points. That works out at 44.33 points across the whole of a season.

That's 2 or 3 points less than Puel's Southampton despite having what was undeniably the worst team in the league.

This.

You might as well stop championing Silva now the Club mouth piece has spoken

Marco Silva not on Southampton shortlist if they sack Claude Puel:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...k-claude-puel/

I was relatively in favour of Silva until the Palace game. When the Hull players needed to be up for it they offered nothing. It reminded me of how Arry failed to inspire us away at Blackburn in 2005 against a side who were never going to compete because of the semi-final the next week.

Hull had the perfect chance to put us to the sword on what most people agree was saints worst performance of the season desperate for points to stay up he was happy with a 0-0