Roger Moore

Lighthouse

After his second Bond film the role went downhill.

If you're referring to The Man with the Golden Gun, I'd say that was one of the weaker films in the series. It's only saving grace was the truly wonderful Christopher Lee, playing arguably one of the best Bond villains of all time. The scenes with Britt Ekland and the insufferable JW Pepper were pretty poor.

If I was going to go full geek and put the Moore films in order

1. Octopussy

2. For Your Eye's Only

3. Live and Let Die

4. The Spy who Loved me

5. Moonraker

6. A View to a Kill.

7. TMWTGG

If you're referring to The Man with the Golden Gun, I'd say that was one of the weaker films in the series. It's only saving grace was the truly wonderful Christopher Lee, playing arguably one of the best Bond villains of all time. The scenes with Britt Ekland and the insufferable JW Pepper were pretty poor.

If I was going to go full geek and put the Moore films in order

1. Octopussy

2. For Your Eye's Only

3. Live and Let Die

4. The Spy who Loved me

5. Moonraker

6. A View to a Kill.

7. TMWTGG

Perhaps we just have to agree to disagree then.

Christopher Lee was as you say excellent, a good booming Bond theme blasting out of Lulu's lungs as well. Agree that JW Pepper was crap, and to a lesser degree Nik Nak , although both were the thin end of a wedge for things getting worse , Jaws for example.

Perhaps we just have to agree to disagree then.

Christopher Lee was as you say excellent, a good booming Bond theme blasting out of Lulu's lungs as well. Agree that JW Pepper was crap, and to a lesser degree Nik Nak , although both were the thin end of a wedge for things getting worse , Jaws for example.

I loved JW Pepper in Live and Let Die...What are you, some kind of doomsday machine?. Good stuff.

I loved Moonraker's space shenanigans when I first saw it as a boy but now it seems cheesy. It has one of my favourite Bond lines at the end (Q: I believe he's attempting re-entry!

Anyway, in the list I'd rate The Man With the Golden Gun about middle of the pack with Live and Let Die, the Spy Who Loved Me and For Your Eyes Only my top 3.

I loved JW Pepper in Live and Let Die...What are you, some kind of doomsday machine?. Good stuff.

Just looked on wiki and Clifton James passed away a month ago aged 96.

I wouldn't say I loved him but he was at least plausible, unlike Golden Gun where a Louisiana state trooper is for some reason buying a car in Thailand. The duel at the end in the 'fun house' was a good scene but the plot overall is just boring and riddled with holes. It basically comes down to an assassin selling some solar panels. Goodnight is just a bimbo in a bikini and as plausible a secret agent as Denise Richards was as a nuclear scientist.

Just looked on wiki and Clifton James passed away a month ago aged 96.

I wouldn't say I loved him but he was at least plausible, unlike Golden Gun where a Louisiana state trooper is for some reason buying a car in Thailand. The duel at the end in the 'fun house' was a good scene but the plot overall is just boring and riddled with holes. It basically comes down to an assassin selling some solar panels. Goodnight is just a bimbo in a bikini and as plausible a secret agent as Denise Richards was as a nuclear scientist.

Denise Richards as a nuclear scientist...that was some delightfully inappropriate casting.

An actor who never took himself too seriously, which is probably why he was so successful, but for all his ST and Bond roles, I was a dead sucker for The Wild Geese.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk