10 year plan for St Mary's stadium

Matthew Le God

I think it's to do with the hospitality suites. Nothing we'll notice.

That wouldn't surprise me

I guess that only about 10 of the 47 boxes are pre sold this season due to the ridiculously high prices

At least 2 of the boxes have become merged into one bigger box and the idea may be to extend this idea and also freshen up the corporate areas

Certainly no chance of extending capacity with the dross being served up on the pitch

Installition of magnifying glasses around St Mary's as part of Ralph's pledge to make our tiny club bigger. #BestChairman

:lol:

Guan you appear to know some stuff from behind the scenes right now because you are vehemently anti manager/board atm.

Is that the case and are you able to share any of it with the fans?

I feel like we've been kept treading water for a few years, and banking monies to pay off Kat and get us purchased. Also that our investor is really nothing but bad news sadly.

• 5 years later...
1 minute ago, Tamesaint said:

That pitch looks very green. Don't they re seed it in the close season? Or is that an old fashioned concept and nowadays they constantly maintain the pitch?

Not only that, but I thought it badly need to be re-laid after last summer and issues with the playing surface this year?

1 hour ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Agreed, there is very little benefit to them, not really sure what purpose they serve nowadays.

Sounds similar to our home support in recent years.... maybe revitalised screens will lift the atmosphere - that and some more light shows 😆

(ducks for cover) 😄

Edited by Saint86
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

Are we able to get the PA volume increased for the new season?

It was so quiet sometimes that people in southern France struggled to hear the fucking music.

I mention that every time I receive a 'Customer' survey from the club

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rallyboy said:

Are we able to get the PA volume increased for the new season?

It was so quiet sometimes that people in southern France struggled to hear the fucking music.

I take it you’re joking and think it’s loud. It’s actually really quiet and don’t get me started on the landfill indie music currently popular on the playlist 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

That pitch looks very green. Don't they re seed it in the close season? Or is that an old fashioned concept and nowadays they constantly maintain the pitch?

In the past it has been totally ripped up and relaid, but on this occasion it looks like it has just been heavily scarified to me - which I think the grounds staff tweeted about - and then it would presumably be reseeded.

4 hours ago, Fabrice Fernandes no.1 fan said:

Agreed, there is very little benefit to them, they never show the game, they sometimes show the team lineups but not always correct, and they fail to show replays, not really sure what purpose they serve nowadays.

probably some sort of requirement to have them to ensure the ground retains it's UEFA level x status, although that can't be true as Anfield doesn't have any screens. Maybe they get away with not having them...sorry, I've bored even myself now with this reply.

Edited by Chez
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

I take it you’re joking and think it’s loud. It’s actually really quiet and don’t get me started on the landfill indie music currently popular on the playlist 🤦‍♂️ 

I was joking but mainly referring to the music volume which means it is nigh on impossible to have a conversation before Kick Off especially as I get there 30 mins before the start.
I have also suggested whoever chooses the music should have a look at the age profile as there are a few longstanding supporters like me have to suffer enough in respect of the dross on the pitch without having to put up with some of the modern repetitive stuff at max volume which seems to be de rigeur lately.

Bring back the Albion Band I say!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

It’s indie rock’n’roll for me. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spyinthesky said:

I was joking but mainly referring to the music volume which means it is nigh on impossible to have a conversation before Kick Off especially as I get there 30 mins before the start.

Simple remedy, stay in the ale house longer and get there just as the funeral march  is starting up. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Brightside said:

It’s indie rock’n’roll for me. 

The Killers are firmly in the landfill section as far as I'm concerned.

I'd have a load of confusing noise and hardcore blaring out over the tannoy. That would wake up the fans and get them in the mood. Or maybe in a mood. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spyinthesky said:

I have also suggested whoever chooses the music should have a look at the age profile as there are a few longstanding supporters like me have to suffer enough in respect of the dross on the pitch without having to put up with some of the modern repetitive stuff at max volume which seems to be de rigeur lately.

Bring back the Albion Band I say!!!

Glenn Miller Band I reckon 😊

26 minutes ago, Daft Kerplunk said:

Some is fine, but Razorlite is a step too far!

Horrendous band. The singer is in a new band called Jealous Nostril (yes, really) who are playing the Joiners next month if you want to avoid that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

The Killers are firmly in the landfill section as far as I'm concerned.

I'd have a load of confusing noise and hardcore blaring out over the tannoy. That would wake up the fans and get them in the mood. Or maybe in a mood. 

Hot Fuss is a great album, imo, sadly went downhill from there. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Hot Fuss is a great album, imo, sadly went downhill from there. 

Sams town trumps Hot Fuss all day long.

Back to the stadium, I wonder if there’s plans at all to do something about the pink seats. I was at Wembley last month and there’s still not even a hint of pinkness about their seats.

• Like 1

Club needs to connect to the city this season, revive some proud historical links. Get the fuckers to run out to Yakety Sax, the Benny Hill show theme at max decibels. Guaranteed to gain Sloe Aribo two yards in the first ten minutes. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Sams town trumps Hot Fuss all day long.

Back to the stadium, I wonder if there’s plans at all to do something about the pink seats. I was at Wembley last month and there’s still not even a hint of pinkness about their seats.

Don't worry chaps, they played the stadium within the last 10 years so you're still on topic because I'm sure Brandon Flowers said the screens needed re-doing and he wanted to form a Chapel Kop

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...