4 Players Out

Lighthouse

Caceres (potentially) earn't £1.5 million for 90 minute of work

Irrelevant tbf.

Our f*ck up by not bringing in someone else in the window who can cover, and they wouldnt have expected Stephens to do as well as he has. No problem from me.

Isgrove, no idea why we kept him for so long.

Glasgow sticking with the 'we paid £100k a week for an injured player who hasn't played for over a year and hasn't had a contract for 6 months' routine, I see.

He did his job, he was there if needed. You don't sell a car and moan that you wasted all that money on seatbelts and airbags.

Glasgow sticking with the 'we paid £100k a week for an injured player who hasn't played for over a year and hasn't had a contract for 6 months' routine, I see.

He did his job, he was there if needed. You don't sell a car and moan that you wasted all that money on seatbelts and airbags.

Exactly this. I am sure he would have been a decent player should he have been needed in the starting 11, but the fact is Stephens came in and did a good job.

Much prefer to have seen the development of someone from within the club rather than stunting his development and playing Crackers.

Ah yes, Caceres. Proven international defender called up again by his country. Definitely not good enough for Saints.

I don't think he ever wanted to sign after the comments from his agent when he came on loan.

Why is Caceres not being retained, a genuine world class defender? Cannot understand this!

If that's the case he has probably accepted an offer from a genuinely world class club.

If Barca, Bayern or Man Utd have come in with a large contract, he's obviously going to go there instead.

Good analogy

Perhaps Cáceres doesn't want to be here?

In any case, we've got VVD, Yoshida and Stephens for next season, and we were always going to sign another CB anyway (probably a younger one), so there's no room for him.

Gardos is still there as well at the moment?

Perhaps Cáceres doesn't want to be here?

In any case, we've got VVD, Yoshida and Stephens for next season, and we were always going to sign another CB anyway (probably a younger one), so there's no room for him.

You really believe VvD will be here next season?

Saints just tweeted

Martina

Isgrove (finally)

Willard

Caceres

All released

Well, that's 4 of the players who are out of contract being released - who else's deal runs out this summer?

Wouldn't be surprised to see us negotiating with Caceres at a lower rate some time around mid-July if no-one signs him, as backups go he's better than Gardos... whose contract runs out in 2018 btw.

This presumably means that "end of season review" has taken place. No managerial situation tweets yet then?

They'll have made the decisions on who was and wasn't being retained weeks ago.

Most disappointed Martina's off, he's the best player called Rhu-endly Aurelio Jean-Carlo who's ever played for Saints.

Edited by The9

Well, that's 4 of the players who are out of contract being released - who else's deal runs out this summer?

Wouldn't be surprised to see us negotiating with Caceres at a lower rate some time around mid-July if no-one signs him, as backups go he's better than Gardos... whose contract runs out in 2018 btw.

So The9, you reckon its a strong possibilty that Caceres could yet stay

So The9, you reckon its a strong possibilty that Caceres could yet stay

I don't think it's a "strong possibility", I think it's possible if we got him cheaper. We'd have to negotiate him downwards to make it a viable deal though, and we can't do that without releasing him first.

There's also the possibility we end up looking for an out of contract centre back on Sep 1st after some last minute mentalism from Man City too...

Aha! Thanks, this thread.

Mouez Hassen (end of loan)

Stuart Taylor

Cuco Martina

Martin Cáceres

Jason McCarthy

Jake Flannigan

Lloyd Isgrove

Ending scholarship

Neal Osborn

Connor Langan

Rugare Musendo

Archie Thomas

Dan N'Lundulu

Siph Mdlalose

Would have like to see a back four of Cacares, Yoshida, Van Dijk and Bertrand.

Best of luck to all of them

Whhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? It would have serious "controlling the ball 4 yards in front of you" potential, that's fo' sho'.

Would be very surprised if Taylor and Flannigan are being kept on. Have either of them ever played for us? I guess Flannigan may have got 10 mins as a sub in a cup.

Glad to see McCarthy not on the list, looks like he has potential (now watch him be sold)!

Would be very surprised if Taylor and Flannigan are being kept on. Have either of them ever played for us? I guess Flannigan may have got 10 mins as a sub in a cup.

Glad to see McCarthy not on the list, looks like he has potential (now watch him be sold)!

Flannigan has had a terrible time with injuries but has never played and only featured on the bench once against Everton 2 seasons ago, but a surprise they've kept him on.

Taylor I can only imagine has been kept for the same role or is taking a coaching role they're yet to announce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flannigan has had a terrible time with injuries but has never played and only featured on the bench once against Everton 2 seasons ago, but a surprise they've kept him on.

Taylor I can only imagine has been kept for the same role or is taking a coaching role they're yet to announce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taylor same role...whats that sat on his arse bench warming and praying he never plays...look at his record in the last 5 years . I cannot believe we cannot find a better keeper. Hassen scares the ebbejeebies out of me....not sure he has any hands on the end of his wrists as they all go through, round and under him.

I think if McCarthy had been fit we would have had more points and Forster could have been rested a few weeks.

Taylor same role...whats that sat on his arse bench warming and praying he never plays...look at his record in the last 5 years . I cannot believe we cannot find a better keeper. Hassen scares the ebbejeebies out of me....not sure he has any hands on the end of his wrists as they all go through, round and under him.

I think if McCarthy had been fit we would have had more points and Forster could have been rested a few weeks.

I would imagine this comes down to the need to have a keeper on the bench for emergencies, but when the U23s have a game the same day, they can't use the same keeper for that. Which implies that the hierarchy goes

1st team keeper

U23 keeper

1st team bench

U23 bench

rather than 1st team keeper and bench, U23 team keeper and bench. The U23 backup might also be behind the U18 starter too.

Is it not the case that as a development player, if we don't offer contract then we don't get the development fee?

Plus insurance that you didn't use.

More to the point there is no way we payed him that much. His salary would've been weighted to pay as you play hence why we didn't play him much.

In fact, he (and maybe we) probably expected to play him more but for the emergence of Jack Stephens.

Isgrove, no idea why we kept him for so long.

I have. He's actually a really tidy little player. Technically quite good. Always showed promise and it was his hard work that kept getting him one year extensions. That said, Saints, it seems is not his level. Stayed little in stature and that probably went against him. Will do very well in a top half Championship Club. Would not be surprised to see him in the Premier league again with a smaller club.

I have. He's actually a really tidy little player. Technically quite good. Always showed promise and it was his hard work that kept getting him one year extensions. That said, Saints, it seems is not his level. Stayed little in stature and that probably went against him. Will do very well in a top half Championship Club. Would not be surprised to see him in the Premier league again with a smaller club.

Always starts off looking great for us in Pre-season, then drops. He was very good at Barnsley. Where did he nearly join in the January window but for injury? Was it Bristol City?

He just needs to make sure he gets the right move.

I don't think it's a "strong possibility", I think it's possible if we got him cheaper. We'd have to negotiate him downwards to make it a viable deal though, and we can't do that without releasing him first.

There's also the possibility we end up looking for an out of contract centre back on Sep 1st after some last minute mentalism from Man City too...

I don't think we'd have put out a press release saying he was being released if we were negotiating any sort of deal behind the scenes. I think we'd have just said nothing until we'd come to a more definitive conclusion. On that subject, Stuart Taylor hasn't been released despite being out of contract. Perhaps he is getting another deal.

Presumably this means that a contract will have been offered to Jason McCarthy who I believe was out of contract this summer?

Hope so. He's done really well during his last 2 loan stints. Can't get better than being voted as player of the season for 2 different clubs, 2 years running.

Had a chat with jakes cousin the other day and he said that the club have stuck by him through his injury recovery (similar to jay rods injury) and they rate him quite highly. Also he said they feel he has remaind very grounded compared to some of the other development squad players. His attitude and outlook might earn him a season to prove himself