Saints memorabilia

saintoaks

Just seen on the website saints are looking for memorabilia for a museum piece in 2018, interested to know who's got what. I'll start the ball rolling, I've got the original plate from one of the turnstiles from the Milton rd end of the dell, it's labelled "turnstiles of Manchester" also got my seat and some turf from the last game.

I've still got my Dell seat but the turf blended in with the rest of the garden and can't be idebtified any more. I've got a penny programme from 1947, single sheet with just the players named and numbered 1-11, Sells for several quid now!

I've got the first ever ordnance survey map with St Mary's on it. In a frame with a presented by Ordnance survey plaque on it. No idea if it is genuine but bought it on eBay just after we went into admin.

I've got a seat from The Dell.

A 76 Cup Final programme signed by Lawrie McMenemy and Peter Osgood.

A ball signed by the entire 2006/07 squad

A shirt signed by a lot of that same squad.

A ticket to Gareth Bale's first ever professional game signed by the man himself (Millwall I think)

A ticket to the game that Bale scored his first ever goal (Derby away, I remember it well)

A shirt signed by most of the 2008-2009 squad, though tbf I don't think that's anything to brag about but you never know who might pay for the great Jamie White's signature.

A programme for the FA Cup game against WBA in 76. Not signed by anyone but I got it at a programme fare at SMS years ago from an old man. I picked it out from his section of programmes and asked how much it was and he said just make a £5 donation to Marie Curie (wouldn't take anything, just trusted that me and my mate would do it) Then he said told me he didn't have long to live and said "That was my programme, you look after it". It's always touched me and when I moved out of my parents' house, like the other things I didn't trust myself to look after, I left that there. Not sure I could part with that for anything.

76 Cup Final programme signed by all 22 players, the two managers, the referee and the two linesmen.

Shirt signed by everyone who played for us in the 03/04 season.

Every home programme since 1971 and every away since 1975. Sad or what? I don't really know why I keep them cos they're all in binders so I only ever look at them when I move house, and they're currently in storage.

For sentimental reasons, I really like the panoramic photo of the 2-0 League Cup win v P*mpey - it was my dad's last game at St Mary's and we are both clearly in the photo.