Welcome to Huddersfield

Dalek2003

That's us, Brighton, Bournemouth and now Huddersfield all in the Premier League that were fighting it out in League One just 6 years ago! Great stuff. Huddersfield the better team too, Reading very dull. I have a lot of Reading supporting friends who won't be happy tonight...

Yep delighted for them, seem to remember they were good when we were down in the Championship and league one. Congratulations and welcome to the premiere league.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

as said just now, Saints Huddersfield and Brighton playing each other again.

pretty happy Reading didnt come up. crap club

Reading are such a nothing club, with nothing fans. And let's not forget that tinpot song they released, it's worse than ours.

Delighted to see them up in the big league. They pushed us so hard back in the L1 days, every week we won, you'd check the results to see they'd won as well.

As other's have said, our old L1 promotion pals - brighton and Huddersfield, both in the big league. Much better than seeing the empty Reading club return, they're a fine example of such a non-club. Plastics.

Looks like I'm the only one to be disappointed that it's not Reading ! 2 of my kids were born there (lived in Wokingham at the time !) and a couple of good mates will be devastated, which is sad !

Hey ho, let's just stuff Huddersfield instead :)

Looks like I'm the only one to be disappointed that it's not Reading ! 2 of my kids were born there (lived in Wokingham at the time !) and a couple of good mates will be devastated, which is sad !

Hey ho, let's just stuff Huddersfield instead :)

Yeah got to love the 'they're a nothing club' comments. Like we are so the establishment.

And Huddersfield will be like Wigan who no doubt annoyed those who only want 'proper' clubs in the PL.

Yeah got to love the 'they're a nothing club' comments. Like we are so the establishment.

And Huddersfield will be like Wigan who no doubt annoyed those who only want 'proper' clubs in the PL.

That would be Huddersfield, 3 times League Champions, and 6 other top 3 finishes. Don't get the crap on Sky about "plucky little Huddersfield". They were giants in the 1920s (no I don't remember it). Would have preferred Reading as I used to live there (and went to a good many games at the old ground) but Huddersfield are a good club.

That would be Huddersfield, 3 times League Champions, and 6 other top 3 finishes. Don't get the crap on Sky about "plucky little Huddersfield". They were giants in the 1920s (no I don't remember it). Would have preferred Reading as I used to live there (and went to a good many games at the old ground) but Huddersfield are a good club.

Exactly. Huddersfield have a fine pedigree!

Reading was an easier location to get to, although doubt we'd get enough tickets.

Pleased for Huddersfield, good memories of our run in in L1 with them and Brighton, and also remember them from the old Division One days of Frankie Worthington playing for them.

I don't mind Huddersfield at all personally - just this justification that some deserve it more which they don't. And harking back to bygone days you could make a case that Portsmouth aren't a small club.

I don't mind Huddersfield at all personally - just this justification that some deserve it more which they don't. And harking back to bygone days you could make a case that Portsmouth aren't a small club.

Jesus, not here, not now whelk - this board could go into meltdown.

Pleased for Huddersfield as they're a well run club. Certainly one Saint who'll be happy for them is Ross Wilson, given we poached him from them.

Suits me, live in Keighley, been there for rugby league matches as well as football, league one games there and my wife talking to Adam Lallana's mum at one of the games...one of my daughter's best friends is a terrier, glad to see them up, they're a genuine community club like ours

Just back from the game (they're my Dad's team)! They played some good football and wanted it more than Reading. But will definitely need to strengthen to compete in the prem. Imagine Wagner will probably stay for another season now, provided he is able to bring in the players he wants/needs.

BTW Huddersfield have some crazy playoff stats... they have now won 6 playoff shootouts (semis & finals) and nobody else has won more than 1. They have also won the playoffs in every division without scoring a goal in the final.

Just back from the game (they're my Dad's team)! They played some good football and wanted it more than Reading. But will definitely need to strengthen to compete in the prem. Imagine Wagner will probably stay for another season now, provided he is able to bring in the players he wants/needs.

BTW Huddersfield have some crazy playoff stats... they have now won 6 playoff shootouts (semis & finals) and nobody else has won more than 1. They have also won the playoffs in every division without scoring a goal in the final.

Stam has just called penalties a lottery. The same mentality that has made England such a force at penalty shoot outs. :rolleyes:

Had a good day out there a few years ago - apart from losing 3-1 (I think) and realising Jake Thomson wasn't the answer. The Station Buffet was great and they had a food festival in the station square, which all helped mellow me out for the Saint's performance..

Huddersfield, Brighton and us back together again! It'll be just like old times.

Hopefully they can keep up ;)

I hope they do. and more importantly, sp long as we can end above them, Bournemouth and Brighton on goal difference, that's all that matters.

I hope they lose every game after throwing a match and basically getting Blackburn relegated because of it !

Think Blackburn winning 12 league games all season had rather more of a damaging effect..

I would be surprised if all three stayed up. In fact I reckon that's the three sides going down.

Seriously without knowing who our manager is or what the squad will look like come the end of the summer, you are convinced we are going to be relegated?

I would be surprised if all three stayed up. In fact I reckon that's the three sides going down.

Ha even in a poorest season in years we still weren't that bad. Never even close to relegation this season despite what people said. I saw table based on the form of teams in 2017 and despite being carp we still would have finished 13th.

We ended the season in freefall and escaped a relegation scrap by a relatively small number of points and a crap bottom three. Another season of Puel and we are done for. If Puel goes, it's a game changer in every way.

Bottom threes are always crap.

We did not "escape relegation". We were never, at any point in the entire season, anywhere near the relegation battle.

Just a few hysterical idiots on forums like this pis sing their pants.

We ended the season in freefall and escaped a relegation scrap by a relatively small number of points and a crap bottom three. Another season of Puel and we are done for. If Puel goes, it's a game changer in every way.

"Freefall". Moving 2 places up the League from being 10 points behind 8th place on April 1st, to overhauling West Brom and Stoke.

"Relegation scrap". We finished 13 points clear of the relegation zone, and already had enough points to have stayed up by April 1st with 11 matches left.

April and May results: DWWLLDDLWDL. Bearing in mind also that we played Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man United in that period.

Edited by The9