Some pre-season games confirmed

Bad Wolf

Shame, was looking forward to some home games. What is the basis for a european tour this year when we're not in europe? Also interesting that we are not going to the USA?

or Far East where game v Liverpool in Hong Kong had been muted

Shame, was looking forward to some home games. What is the basis for a european tour this year when we're not in europe? Also interesting that we are not going to the USA?

We do one every year don't we? Even in the League One days I think.

I'm hoping we do an away game in the West Country.

What makes you think we won't have a pre-season home game? Like we have every single season since the dawn of time.

I've got my crystal ball out and reckon it will be the weekend of 5/6 August. Just a hunch.

Few of us looking to go out to pre season, so hope they announce the fixtures soon.

Went previously to Switzerland, Spain and France. It's always a good laugh, especially when Guly scores a hatrick and it sparks a pitch invasion!

• 3 weeks later...
Apparently they will pick up and bring in Alpine as a self-esteem coach during the Austrian trip.

I don't think that's quite correct, I believe that he is booked to do some motivational speaking on positivity and how to win from a losing position. Honest.

Apparently they will pick up and bring in Alpine as a self-esteem coach during the Austrian trip.

I don't think that's quite correct, I believe that he is booked to do some motivational speaking on positivity and how to win from a losing position. Honest.

:scared:

Pure speculation, but I reckon we will play 2 tiny teams in the Austrian Alps, before moving onto play RB Salazburg into France to play 2 similar size teams (Nice and Lille wouldn't come as a surprise).

I'd also guess that we'll squeeze 1 last game in, at home, a week before the season starts.

Pure speculation, but I reckon we will play 2 tiny teams in the Austrian Alps, before moving onto play RB Salazburg into France to play 2 similar size teams (Nice and Lille wouldn't come as a surprise).

I'd also guess that we'll squeeze 1 last game in, at home, a week before the season starts.

We'll definitely have one decent sized European team at home on the 5th/6th.

Agree on the rest, but I think the two foreign trips will be split into two separate trips, with Brentford game in-between.

Agree on the rest, but I think the two foreign trips will be split into two separate trips, with Brentford game in-between.

Shame it takes so long for Saints to announce these, you'd have thought they would know opponents by now.

Home game first weekend of August will be followed by home premier league games back to back on 12th and 19th so plenty of visits to St Marys.

No news either on any u23 friendlies, was hoping they'd play a couple of local games, but looking at the fixtures in The Pink local non-league sides are already busy with Eastleigh hosting Wimbledon and Sheffield United and Salisbury home to league one giants Oldham Athletic.

2 minnows and then a bigger team in Austria followed by two Ligue 1 sides in France would be my bet.

Hoping they announce them pronto as getting pressured into committing to a family holiday when the lad and I are holding out for a trip to Austria, somewhere he's never been.

https://southamptonfc.com/news/2017-06-27/ticket-details-brentford-southampton-pre-season-friendly - Ticket details for Brentford game confirmed.

- Tuesday 4th July (9am): 2017/18 season ticket holders who attended at least one domestic away game in the 2016/17 season.

- Wednesday 5th July (9am): 2017/18 season ticket holders

- Friday 7th July (9am): 2017/18 Official members

- Monday 10th July (9am): General sale

Seating

£15.00 for Adults

£12.00 for Over-65s

£12.00 for 18-24 year-olds

£1.00 for Under 18s

Standing

£10.00 for Adults

£7.00 for Over-65s

£7.00 for 18-24 year-olds

£1.00 for Under 18s

So if Brentford is on 22nd July, I reckon Austria will fall over the w/c of 10th and the France w/c of 24th. With a bit of luck at least one of them will fall over the weekend, pretty high chance if you ask me.

Should leave us enough time to squeeze in 2 home games (midweek w/c 31st then on 5/6th August).

I wonder if the club are planning a pre-season tournament, either away or at home?

When it comes to the time taken to announce pre-season friendlies we are pretty sh!t really. Why is every other club able to announce theirs early and we bumble along and wait until what seems like the last minute?

And still no proper international matches like other premier league teams and it looks like the US has been forgotten about now too after going there last summer. Maybe the Chinese takeover will make us so wealthy we won't have to bother with them to make more revenue or increase our fan base ��

Spot on, ten quid, terrace, london away loads of good pubs, can see this selling out pretty quickly to be honest.

I agree with those points other than the game selling out quickly, it's still just a pre season friendly which won't interest many. The away end holds 1600 (lower tier terrace holds 1000) so I'm sure it won't be a problem paying on the day.

I've always enjoyed a trip to Brentford , they'll give us a good game. The train line between Clapham and Brentford stops at plenty of good drinking areas especially in the summer down by the river.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a little table with all known pre-season games for French L1 clubs . Obviously there are some gaps so you may be able to project where Saints could fit in. Doesn't look particularly evident though, perhaps we won't be playing top flight clubs.

http://www.football365.fr/programme-de-reprise-de-clubs-2599047.html

I guess it's an entirely separate trip or if we're going there straight after playing in Switzerland. If the latter, perhaps some of the east/south east based teams.

The fact the club haven't confirmed this fixture is a disgrace, we are the only club in the league to not confirm are pre season plans, we will have supporters who will want to go watch the team and spend a lot of money doing so but the club do not care, as a football club it is embarrassing to show such disregard to the their fans