Thomas Tuchel - Ruled Out

Singapore Saint

If he genuinely is not interested, then the club would've known this before 5 minutes ago (if they were interested in him). There's no way we've waited 'til a month after the season ends to sack Puel without knowing who his replacement will be if everything goes to plan.

He's ruled himself out according to SSN.

TUCHEL OUT OF SAINTS RACE

Borussia Dortmund’s highly-rated former manager, Thomas Tuchel, has ruled himself out of the vacant manager’s job at Southampton.

The 43-year old was the bookies’ early favourite to take over at St Mary’s, following last night’s sacking of Claude Puel.

Sky Sports News HQ understands that Teuchel has not ruled out a move to the Premier League, but the role at Southampton does not appeal to him.

Tuchel is known to want to continue managing a team in the Champions League.

Borussia Dortmund’s highly-rated former manager, Thomas Tuchel, has ruled himself out of the vacant manager’s job at Southampton.

The 43-year old was the bookies’ early favourite to take over at St Mary’s, following last night’s sacking of Claude Puel.

Sky Sports News HQ understands that Teuchel has not ruled out a move to the Premier League, but the role at Southampton does not appeal to him.

He essentially has ruled out a move to the Premier League then, for this season at least. Klopp, Mourinho, Pochettino, Guardiola, Conte's jobs are about as secure as is possible in football.

So we've again not landed our top targets? Slightly worrying that we don't look attractive enough atm.

What is the "again" based on?

Just to be clear there's not a lot we can do to make ourselves "attractive" to someone who wants to manage in the Champions League.

We've definitely been working on a replacement and have been since before the end of the season. If we get our first choice i reckon it'll happen by mid/end of next week, if not then it's going to rumble on for a little while yet.

I could come out with that based on reasonable guesswork and Jeremy Wilson's piece yesterday.

Yet to see you say anything that marks you out as an ITK.

Be funny if he rocked up at Palace! The meltdown on here would be hilarious.

Edited by Winnersaint

Again? Is this confirmed? Was he a top target?

Yes it is confirmed. And he has been well linked as one of our main targets on here by the ITK's.

The club then used Wilson to distance the club from him in the last 24hours, and now Tuchel himself has come out and saying the club's project doesn't interest him.

Don't really understand what you are getting at?

He rejected us so, "the club weren't interested", or "he hasn't rejected us".

We've definitely been working on a replacement and have been since before the end of the season. If we get our first choice i reckon it'll happen by mid/end of next week, if not then it's going to rumble on for a little while yet.

I could come out with that based on reasonable guesswork and Jeremy Wilson's piece yesterday.

Does it bother you that much?

Adam Leitch‏Verified account @adamleitchsport 5m5 minutes ago

For those asking about Tuchel, he was briefly considered but didn't make the #saintsfc shortlist

Jeremy Wilson‏Verified account @JWTelegraph 26m26 minutes ago

In terms of Thomas Tuchel and Southampton; he was on shortlist but with others and not at top. Not sure it worked from either perspective

Have to say that is feels like nothing more than a face saving exercise by the club (unless there is someone really special at the top).

Reminds me of last summer where we were linked with loads of good targets... before announcing Puel and saying he was the best man for the job.

I mean its fair enough, the club need to big up the man they ultimately get, but it is what it is at the same time.

Let's hope Les Reed and Co get it right this time and in time to have a better window than last summer.

If we have a repeat of last summer we'll be in a relegation scrap this year...

Imagine flogging that many goals from the team again, we just wound't score next season :scared:

:lol:

Have to say that is feels like nothing more than a face saving exercise by the club (unless there is someone really special at the top).

Reminds me of last summer where we were linked with loads of good targets... before announcing Puel and saying he was the best man for the job.

I mean its fair enough, the club need to big up the man they ultimately get, but it is what it is at the same time.

The cynic in me agrees - the 2 club 'outlets' saying the same thing ...

The speculation and questioning of the club's intent is keeping me amused on a rather tedious work day. What will be, will be, you clowns. Get over it. The club will do things there way. Oh! and if some stage in the future we do struggle and heaven forbid get relegated I'll still be a fan.

The speculation and questioning of the club's intent is keeping me amused on a rather tedious work day. What will be, will be, you clowns. Get over it. The club will do things there way. Oh! and if some stage in the future we do struggle and heaven forbid get relegated I'll still be a fan.

Winner saint is happy to lose... Alanis Morissette

Alanis Morissette as the new Southampton manager? Thanks for the heads up. I'd better get down Ladbrokes and stick a few quid on before the odds shorten...

Alanis and Craig David dream team, with Eric Black as assistant (to the) manager

Winner saint is happy to lose... Alanis Morissette

Not really at all. Maybe a shot across the bows of those who engage incessant trolling and post speculative garbage on this forum and to those who feel entitled to know what the club is doing and what its intentions are at every possible juncture.

Edited by Winnersaint

To be fair Les Reed would never sign Tuchel as he wouldn't be the lap dog/yes man Reed craves .

Unusually I think there's a kernel of truth in this - we have a type (though it's not a lapdog). He appreciates the value of player data and technology, has previously shown an ability to integrate younger players into the first team, accepts he is expected to sometimes pick kids at the expense of short term results, accepts there are particular tactics and pattern of play of the overall club for the first team within certain parameters, is young (for a manager), untested in England and looking for a Premier League opportunity, only has to have a reasonable grasp of the English language and he has some European club experience at the latter stages.

I somehow doubt "exciting interviews" are in the criteria.

Unusually I think there's a kernel of truth in this - we have a type (though it's not a lapdog). He appreciates the value of player data and technology, has previously shown an ability to integrate younger players into the first team, accepts he is expected to sometimes pick kids at the expense of short term results, accepts there are particular tactics and pattern of play of the overall club for the first team within certain parameters, is young (for a manager), untested in England and looking for a Premier League opportunity, only has to have a reasonable grasp of the English language and he has some European club experience at the latter stages.

I somehow doubt "exciting interviews" are in the criteria.

What about the book of hilarious one liners for the media to keep the dribbling, fat messes that call themselves fans entertained?