Thomas Tuchel - Ruled Out

Singapore Saint

I discussed this in the other thread

This is precisely what the journalist says in the video

"[Tuchel] serait en pôle pour remplacer Puel à Southampton"

Tuchel is in pole position to replace Puel at Southampton

For those who know their grammar, 'serait' = 'to be' conjugated in the conditional (would be), but using the conditional is a common feature in French journalism, and implies that the source is unconfirmed and/or unreliable.

So, until there is a report about it in newspapers in Germany, France or over here, rather than a Saints fan website, it's not really anything to get excited about.

On the other hand, this journalist may have a massive scoop, but if he did, surely he'd share it first with the organisation for whom we works (France Football).

I think Southampton are exactly what Tuchel wants.

Not so sure. He was very upset the board sold Dortmund's three best players last summer and brought in younger players who had potential but could immediately fill the hole. He tends to fall out with the hierarchy (which happened both at Mainz and Dortmund), so not sure if he'd get on with our strategy or even Uncle Les.

Edited by shurlock

I'm no expert on German club football - are Leverkusen a that much bigger draw than Saints would be for Tuchel, apart from the fact they are in Germany?

I assume he has ambitions to manage in other big European leagues so Saints may be considered a good move at this point for him rather than a similar sized club in Germany?

Not so sure. He was very upset the board sold Dortmund's three best players last summer and brought in younger players who had potential but could immediately fill the hole. He tends to fall out with the hierarchy (which happened both at Mainz and Dortmund), so not sure if he'd get on with our strategy or even Uncle Les.

On paper he looks good, but seems to fall out with club hierarchy everywhere and also more worryingly with players. Not the ideal man to take over in my view.

On paper he looks good, but seems to fall out with club hierarchy everywhere and also more worryingly with players. Not the ideal man to take over in my view.

Only been at two clubs, hardly a journeyman.

Although in fairness his departure from Mainz was clearly not amicable, to the point he was placed on gardening leave rather than allowed to move on immediately.

Stranger things have happen.

Saints, despite the doom and gloom on the mongboard, are a great option for managers looking to make their mark in the EPL.

Constantly top 10, great reputation in the game, well resourced and a clear philosophy.

And to that the fact that there is no top strata clubs looking for managers. Have 2 great years at Saints nd then take your pick.

Would be exciting signing. Don't expect it although no Top6 are going to have managerial vacancies. For a manager the PL is the place to be and for all the hype we do now have all the superstar managers. #bestoftherest

Stranger things have happen.

Saints, despite the doom and gloom on the mongboard, are a great option for managers looking to make their mark in the EPL.

Constantly top 10, great reputation in the game, well resourced and a clear philosophy.

And to that the fact that there is no top strata clubs looking for managers. Have 2 great years at Saints nd then take your pick.

Exactly this. We do ourßelves a disservice very often on here because of our emotional attachment. From a purely sporting logical point of view we are indeed a very attractive proposition for an ambitious coach. For a coach who manages rather than an older school type manager who coaches (Redknapp type for example) we have the ideal philosophy and set up. Develop, develop, develop. What I've read about Tuchel seems to suggest a great match. Here's hopìng!!

Come here for two years, then leave for Arsenal when Wenger retires...?

So what I say.

Thats the norm when any manager or player is too good for this club.

Until Kelvin Davis or Paul Tisdale become good at management may we find stability in that department.

I'm no expert on German club football - are Leverkusen a that much bigger draw than Saints would be for Tuchel, apart from the fact they are in Germany?

I assume he has ambitions to manage in other big European leagues so Saints may be considered a good move at this point for him rather than a similar sized club in Germany?

I don't follow foreign football but they've always struck me as their version of Everton.

Interesting piece here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4555416/How-Thomas-Tuchel-fell-Borussia-Dortmund.html

Seems he lost the dressing room, fell out with the CEO and never really bonded with the fans..he did win a lot of games though.

Won`t fit in here then :( ..oh wait ... just read the last bit in bold so he will be ok as that`s what everyone really wants if they are honest

Can't believe our fans won't warm to him. No history of nit being satisfied easily

In fairness to Tuchel he had to follow on from the Klopp Clown so almost anyone is going to seem boring after that. If he was following on from Puel it should be much easier for him to seem interesting...

Interesting piece here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4555416/How-Thomas-Tuchel-fell-Borussia-Dortmund.html

Seems he lost the dressing room, fell out with the CEO and never really bonded with the fans..he did win a lot of games though.

Surely this completely contradicts what Always claims so it can't possibly be true .

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Yesterday's one line suggestion by a French journalist has it's own thread here and is an actual article on the UI. Can't wait to see how it evolves tomorrow. Should be the back page of every red top and by Sunday the main story in the broadsheet's sports supplements'. Touch of escalation.

Interesting piece here

Hard to achieve the equivalent of a 67% (ish) win rate with a "lost" dressing room. Let alone a cup run and final win. Not sure I'd buy that.

I think the argument is that he lost the board, not as much the dressing room. One of the key instigators was the re-arranged UCL game after the bombing, he apparently didn't feel he was consulted by the club before they agreed to the hastily rearranged fixture. I would imagine any player discontent would be coming from people who didn't play and wanted to play etc.

would have to be a massive shift in club policy for Tuchel to come in

Hate to know what the club policy is that would rule out a young, highly regarded coach who mas managed at the top level. Why settle for that when you could have Gary Monk ey!

:lol:

Nope just suggested that despite the whinning on here about the "style" and "we would rather lose in style" hors shyt all everyone wants is wins including me

Funny, its as if you imagine there's no connection at all between the quality of football played and the probability of getting good results.

I think the argument is that he lost the board, not as much the dressing room. One of the key instigators was the re-arranged UCL game after the bombing, he apparently didn't feel he was consulted by the club before they agreed to the hastily rearranged fixture. I would imagine any player discontent would be coming from people who didn't play and wanted to play etc.

apparently not

This weekend, Sahin was once again at the heart of a dispute, after Tuchel left him out of the squad for the final. The decision was openly criticised by other players after the game, even as Dortmund celebrated their first title in five years.

'When Julian Weigl is injured, Nuri is the only one who can really replace him properly in defensive midfield,' said captain Marcel Schmelzer.

'It really shocked me, I didn't understand it at all. The coach would have to explain why he did it. We all completely stand behind Nuri.'

With such open criticism from his own captain just hours after the cup triumph, Tuchel must have already begun to pack his bags.

his own captain come out and critisiced his team selection after they had just won the cup final. That's a whole new level over Puel's lost dressing room...

apparently not

This weekend, Sahin was once again at the heart of a dispute, after Tuchel left him out of the squad for the final. The decision was openly criticised by other players after the game, even as Dortmund celebrated their first title in five years.

'When Julian Weigl is injured, Nuri is the only one who can really replace him properly in defensive midfield,' said captain Marcel Schmelzer.

'It really shocked me, I didn't understand it at all. The coach would have to explain why he did it. We all completely stand behind Nuri.'

With such open criticism from his own captain just hours after the cup triumph, Tuchel must have already begun to pack his bags.

his own captain come out and critisiced his team selection after they had just won the cup final. That's a whole new level over Puel's lost dressing room...

That is amazing. Dortmund have got a problem if the players are that arrogant. Manager wins the cup, and players come out and say they know better than him.

:lol:

Nope just suggested that despite the whinning on here about the "style" and "we would rather lose in style" hors shyt all everyone wants is wins including me

TBF Puel has not nelivered on either.... Style or wins

Hes averages 3 wins for every 10 games.

And his style is horrendous

apparently not

I would still be enthused by Tuchel as many on here are by Puel despite similar stories.

I guess if he was perfect we would have absolutely no chance of landing him. Mind you I still don't think he'll come here but would be happy if he did.

TBF Puel has not nelivered on either.... Style or wins

Hes averages 3 wins for every 10 games.

And his style is horrendous

Did not mention Puel but understand you have to get a dig in on every post, i posted about the style being more important than wins to some but

of course its not true just bluster..

For the record, i think Tuchel would be a good fit

That's a whole new level over Puel's lost dressing room...
Normally with lost dressing rooms you see the players not trying and being on the end of some heavy defeats. Now of course it could be that our shot shy midfield and forwards decided to miss the target in the last 5 games as a protest against CP, but would we know the difference

Hate to know what the club policy is that would rule out a young, highly regarded coach who mas managed at the top level. Why settle for that when you could have Gary Monk ey!

les reed interference and what players get signed