Thomas Tuchel - Ruled Out

Singapore Saint

I have a feeling this will be a summer of high hopes and bigger let downs :-(

Only if you believe everything you read in the Red Tops or Twitter. If you do, life is going to be one big disappointment.

Bayer can defo compete in terms of wages I would imagine, they're bankrolled by a pharmaceutical company and had a few CL runs... I suppose it's prob a level playing field against similar sized EPL clubs

Agree, but Bayer are a definite step down from Dortmund. Whilst the same is true of Saints, it's a different challenge and may just attract him.

MLG even made a thread about Pellegrini- it made fairly big traction, and infamously ruined AR-10s ITK credentials

Where is this coming from?

I've not mentioned Pellegrini.

Was this Jack Schit? He/she is not me.

You're going to have to believe that or not.

But it's not me. :lol:

Lets say you are who you say your are (close to a first team player)... Is that player Fonte, or possibly, Long by any chance?

Don't have to say which one, just a Yes or No will do.

Also, again, if true, who do you expect us to get in?

Lets say you are who you say your are (close to a first team player)... Is that player Fonte, or possibly, Long by any chance?

Don't have to say which one, just a Yes or No will do.

Also, again, if true, who do you expect us to get in?

Players would know of new managers arriving at about the same time as the fans.

My guess is most ITK stuff people post on here comes from players I doubt Les (the only person who really knows what is going on all over the club) is in the habit of sharing info with people down the pub or the golf club.

My guess is most ITK stuff people post on here comes from players I doubt Les (the only person who really knows what is going on all over the club) is in the habit of sharing info with people down the pub or the golf club.

Les is by all means not the only person at the club who knows what's going on. I assume you've forgotten about all the directors, their PA's and other various departments / people in high management roles at the club.

Well he claimed to know 2 people we had considered recently, so it's either bull****, or they know more than you think....

FWIW, I know for a fact that players know more than you would think they would (not saying that know about new managers ect...), not just at their current club, but at other clubs as well.

Les is by all means not the only person at the club who knows what's going on. I assume you've forgotten about all the directors, their PA's and other various departments / people in high management roles at the club.

Well he claimed to know 2 people we had considered recently, so it's either bull****, or they know more than you think....

FWIW, I know for a fact that players know more than you would think they would (not saying that know about new managers ect...), not just at their current club, but at other clubs as well.

I know a physio who works at saints, I get a few snippets when players tell them but anything serious is well behind closed doors and pretty much impenetrable. People who ascertain to know lots of itk stuff are, in the main, lying.

Edited by Saint_Ash

I know a physio who works at saints, I get a few snippets when players tell her but anything serious is well behind closed doors and pretty much impenetrable. People who ascertain to know lots of itk stuff are, in the main, lying.

That's not always the case. We've seen examples before of people being fed a story from an inside source, as it suited that sources motivation at the time. Sometimes people leak information (real or false, likely or not) deliberately, because it suits their agenda. It doesn't make the person who claims to be ITK a liar, but it does mean you can't treat any "ITK" comments as fact or likely to happen.

I know a physio who works at saints, I get a few snippets when players tell her but anything serious is well behind closed doors and pretty much impenetrable. People who ascertain to know lots of itk stuff are, in the main, lying.

Rather silly, lets hope you haven't dropped that Physio in the sh1 te!

Rather silly, lets hope you haven't dropped that Physio in the sh1 te!

Not really. They can't ever tell me anything anyway, the general snippets are that players are happy here, but then move when more money comes calling. Players change their minds very quickly.3

Edited by Saint_Ash

That's not always the case. We've seen examples before of people being fed a story from an inside source, as it suited that sources motivation at the time. Sometimes people leak information (real or false, likely or not) deliberately, because it suits their agenda. It doesn't make the person who claims to be ITK a liar, but it does mean you can't treat any "ITK" comments as fact or likely to happen.

Yeah if the leaks come out it's because the club want it. When they don't it won't come out.

Yeah if the leaks come out it's because the club want it. When they don't it won't come out.

This is the case some times, but not all the time. Although I have to say the club are extremely tight lipped and I probably get told stuff I shouldn't at times.

I have no reason to doubt what people such as ericb have said in the last days and I certainly don't believe he is luring as you've suggested in your earlier post.

I've been told a number of things, some of which I've posted on here, (a few from 1st team players and others from someone who I'm closer to, higher up at the club) which the club would not want to come out in the public domain.

I don't know how close you are to said physio, well done for exposing them by the way, but with all due respect, other than anything that happens in the dressing room / training pitch, they wouldn't get told anything anyway.. why would they?

One thing I'm never, under any circumstances, told about is transfer news, even though the person I know is very close to transfer dealings. They're generally sworn to secrecy with that kind of info.

I think a lot of people are going to end up disappointed....

This comes as no real surprise.

Terrible new owners take over.....3rd rate manager...and selling all viable assets.

A summer of discontent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This comes as no real surprise.

Terrible new owners take over.....3rd rate manager...and selling all viable assets.

A summer of discontent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit unfair, you've only got to look at how successful the Chinese owners have been at Villa, Wolves & Birmingham in their managerial appointments to see how great things will be.

I am going for an ex premiership manager,

No thanks, last time we did that we got Harry. We have done pretty well bringing in managers from outside the league, and not many in that bracket have done as well as Puel in their first season, certainly not with teams outside the top six

Can I ask what makes you think this?

Probably the Saints connection, prem experience, type of club he managed in the prem, and his availability. That's why he was strongly linked with the saints job in the first place.

That said, I'm hoping we don't go that route.

Probably the Saints connection, prem experience, type of club he managed in the prem, and his availability. That's why he was strongly linked with the saints job in the first place.

That said, I'm hoping we don't go that route.

Thanks; but my question was more why he is saying this now...because I think he has reliable inside knowledge.

Don't mind Garry Monk even though he's not be the stellar name many on here think we deserve... hissides at least player decent football whilst getting results. After Silva, Roger Schmidt would have been my poison of choice but Tuchel is now in the frame, which isn't a bad thing.

I'd like us to stay away from De Boer and Emery though. Not sure about the big w4nkfests over them two.

what's that saying?.... oh yeah be careful what you wish for

no point replacing Puel if our only option is crap like Monk

I don't particularly want Monk, but why is he being described as crap? Had a decent enough career for a young English manager.

I don't particularly want Monk, but why is he being described as crap? Had a decent enough career for a young English manager.

What one decent season with Swansea, one bad season, and then failure to get promoted with Leeds not exactly the stuff of legends is it?

I think it's more like one decent season, terrible helf season followed by Leeds most impressive season since Kevin Blackwell was their manager. Not bad at all.

Oh and his sides play decent footy...possession based with some incisiveness. God, imagine having a cutting edge to your teams style?

I think it's more like one decent season, terrible helf season followed by Leeds most impressive season since Kevin Blackwell was their manager. Not bad at all.

Oh and his sides play decent footy...possession based with some incisiveness. God, imagine having a cutting edge to your teams style?

That would involve our players actually converting our chances, which I still don't see is the manager's fault.