Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 552

Thread: Thomas Tuchel - Ruled Out

  1. #151

    Default

    Ok have done a bit of research in german google this morning and for all rumours I never believe UK papers hence go to the local ones.

    -Tuchel seems to of fallen out with some of the older players but was loved by the younger players (klopp legacy players probably thinking they were the nuts who then moaned to chairman).

    - Leverkusen have 3 managers on their shortlist apparently - Tuchel/Wagner/Bosz and will confirm who next week.

    - All the quotes about southampton being interested seem to be referencing the sun who in turn are referencing that journo from the other day so maybe convienent b*ll**** to sell papers.

    - Favre is favourite at Dortmund but Bosz and another are potential candidates.

    What I don't understand from the Sun's article is this:

    "The Premier League side also face competition from Bayer Leverkusen, who will be able to offer a much bigger wage."

    Surely we can pay him way more than Leverkusen can ?

    MLG what are the stats as I can't find Schmidt salary when he was boss ?

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    Ok have done a bit of research in german google this morning and for all rumours I never believe UK papers hence go to the local ones.

    -Tuchel seems to of fallen out with some of the older players but was loved by the younger players (klopp legacy players probably thinking they were the nuts who then moaned to chairman).

    - Leverkusen have 3 managers on their shortlist apparently - Tuchel/Wagner/Bosz and will confirm who next week.

    - All the quotes about southampton being interested seem to be referencing the sun who in turn are referencing that journo from the other day so maybe convienent b*ll**** to sell papers.

    - Favre is favourite at Dortmund but Bosz and another are potential candidates.

    What I don't understand from the Sun's article is this:

    "The Premier League side also face competition from Bayer Leverkusen, who will be able to offer a much bigger wage."

    Surely we can pay him way more than Leverkusen can ?

    MLG what are the stats as I can't find Schmidt salary when he was boss ?
    Since Tuchel is unattached, I would assume he would be favourite for the Leverkusen job over Wagner & Bosz.

    We still don't have a credible source for any interest in him.
    Last edited by SuperSAINT; 02-06-2017 at 07:45 AM.

  3. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Since Tuchel is unattached, I would assume he would be favourite for the Leverkusen job over Wagner & Bosz.

    We still don't have a credible source for any interest in him.
    I have a feeling this will be a summer of high hopes and bigger let downs :-(

  4. #154

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    I have a feeling this will be a summer of high hopes and bigger let downs :-(
    Only if you believe everything you read in the Red Tops or Twitter. If you do, life is going to be one big disappointment.

  5. #155

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Bayer can defo compete in terms of wages I would imagine, they're bankrolled by a pharmaceutical company and had a few CL runs... I suppose it's prob a level playing field against similar sized EPL clubs

  6. #156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    I have a feeling this will be a summer of high hopes and bigger let downs :-(
    Like last summer

  7. #157

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crab Lungs View Post
    Bayer can defo compete in terms of wages I would imagine, they're bankrolled by a pharmaceutical company and had a few CL runs... I suppose it's prob a level playing field against similar sized EPL clubs
    Agree, but Bayer are a definite step down from Dortmund. Whilst the same is true of Saints, it's a different challenge and may just attract him.

  8. #158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nta786 View Post
    MLG even made a thread about Pellegrini- it made fairly big traction, and infamously ruined AR-10s ITK credentials
    Where is this coming from?

    I've not mentioned Pellegrini.

    Was this Jack Schit? He/she is not me.

    You're going to have to believe that or not.

    But it's not me.

  9. #159

    Default

    Anyway guys.

    Have a **** on Tuchel because not a chance.

    Under Les Reed?...

  10. #160

    Default

    Lets say you are who you say your are (close to a first team player)... Is that player Fonte, or possibly, Long by any chance?

    Don't have to say which one, just a Yes or No will do.

    Also, again, if true, who do you expect us to get in?

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Lets say you are who you say your are (close to a first team player)... Is that player Fonte, or possibly, Long by any chance?

    Don't have to say which one, just a Yes or No will do.

    Also, again, if true, who do you expect us to get in?
    Players would know of new managers arriving at about the same time as the fans.

  12. #162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AR-10 View Post
    Anyway guys.

    Have a **** on Tuchel because not a chance.

    Under Les Reed?...
    Shoot..... You saying ive wasted my money?

    Notice odds have drifted slightly and Jaap has jumped to 3rd fav now

  13. #163

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    Players would know of new managers arriving at about the same time as the fans.
    My guess is most ITK stuff people post on here comes from players I doubt Les (the only person who really knows what is going on all over the club) is in the habit of sharing info with people down the pub or the golf club.

  14. #164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    My guess is most ITK stuff people post on here comes from players I doubt Les (the only person who really knows what is going on all over the club) is in the habit of sharing info with people down the pub or the golf club.
    Les is by all means not the only person at the club who knows what's going on. I assume you've forgotten about all the directors, their PA's and other various departments / people in high management roles at the club.

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenridge View Post
    Players would know of new managers arriving at about the same time as the fans.
    Well he claimed to know 2 people we had considered recently, so it's either bull****, or they know more than you think....

    FWIW, I know for a fact that players know more than you would think they would (not saying that know about new managers ect...), not just at their current club, but at other clubs as well.

  15. #165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AR-10 View Post
    Anyway guys.

    Have a **** on Tuchel because not a chance.

    Under Les Reed?...
    How old are you? Genuine question

  16. #166

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKD View Post
    Les is by all means not the only person at the club who knows what's going on. I assume you've forgotten about all the directors, their PA's and other various departments / people in high management roles at the club.



    Well he claimed to know 2 people we had considered recently, so it's either bull****, or they know more than you think....

    FWIW, I know for a fact that players know more than you would think they would (not saying that know about new managers ect...), not just at their current club, but at other clubs as well.
    I know a physio who works at saints, I get a few snippets when players tell them but anything serious is well behind closed doors and pretty much impenetrable. People who ascertain to know lots of itk stuff are, in the main, lying.
    Last edited by Saint_Ash; 02-06-2017 at 09:11 PM.

  17. #167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    I have a feeling this will be a summer of high hopes and bigger let downs :-(
    High hopes based on some loon putting their nutty conclusions on the internet or red top rubbish? If that's the case then the downs are going to be very down

  18. #168

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    2,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Ash View Post
    I know a physio who works at saints, I get a few snippets when players tell her but anything serious is well behind closed doors and pretty much impenetrable. People who ascertain to know lots of itk stuff are, in the main, lying.
    That's not always the case. We've seen examples before of people being fed a story from an inside source, as it suited that sources motivation at the time. Sometimes people leak information (real or false, likely or not) deliberately, because it suits their agenda. It doesn't make the person who claims to be ITK a liar, but it does mean you can't treat any "ITK" comments as fact or likely to happen.

  19. #169

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AR-10 View Post
    Anyway guys.

    Have a **** on Tuchel because not a chance.

    Under Les Reed?...
    Do you know that FOR A FACT?

  20. #170

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Costa del Bassett
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Ash View Post
    I know a physio who works at saints, I get a few snippets when players tell her but anything serious is well behind closed doors and pretty much impenetrable. People who ascertain to know lots of itk stuff are, in the main, lying.
    Rather silly, lets hope you haven't dropped that Physio in the sh1 te!

  21. Default

    I would LOVE to get Tuchel as Saints boss... But I'm still waiting on a credible link.

  22. #172

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Rather silly, lets hope you haven't dropped that Physio in the sh1 te!
    Not really. They can't ever tell me anything anyway, the general snippets are that players are happy here, but then move when more money comes calling. Players change their minds very quickly.3
    Last edited by Saint_Ash; 02-06-2017 at 09:14 PM.

  23. #173

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    That's not always the case. We've seen examples before of people being fed a story from an inside source, as it suited that sources motivation at the time. Sometimes people leak information (real or false, likely or not) deliberately, because it suits their agenda. It doesn't make the person who claims to be ITK a liar, but it does mean you can't treat any "ITK" comments as fact or likely to happen.
    Yeah if the leaks come out it's because the club want it. When they don't it won't come out.

  24. #174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Ash View Post
    Not really. She can't ever tell me anything anyway, the general snippets are that players are happy here, but then move when more money comes calling. Players change their minds very quickly.
    Which is the corporate line so 'she' is very much on message.

  25. #175

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the tattooists where the pain is exquisite...
    Posts
    3,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daft Kerplunk View Post
    Which is the corporate line so 'the person' is very much on message.
    I've changed it slightly now.

  26. #176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Ash View Post
    Yeah if the leaks come out it's because the club want it. When they don't it won't come out.
    This is the case some times, but not all the time. Although I have to say the club are extremely tight lipped and I probably get told stuff I shouldn't at times.

    I have no reason to doubt what people such as ericb have said in the last days and I certainly don't believe he is luring as you've suggested in your earlier post.

    I've been told a number of things, some of which I've posted on here, (a few from 1st team players and others from someone who I'm closer to, higher up at the club) which the club would not want to come out in the public domain.

    I don't know how close you are to said physio, well done for exposing them by the way, but with all due respect, other than anything that happens in the dressing room / training pitch, they wouldn't get told anything anyway.. why would they?

    One thing I'm never, under any circumstances, told about is transfer news, even though the person I know is very close to transfer dealings. They're generally sworn to secrecy with that kind of info.

  27. Default

    He gets a vague mention at least in the latest Echo article...

    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/sai..._Puel/?ref=rss

  28. #178

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    'Ampshire
    Posts
    2,470

    Default

    I think a lot of people are going to end up disappointed....

  29. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    I think a lot of people are going to end up disappointed....

  30. #180

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supersonic View Post
    I think a lot of people are going to end up disappointed....
    This comes as no real surprise.

    Terrible new owners take over.....3rd rate manager...and selling all viable assets.

    A summer of discontent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  31. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    This comes as no real surprise.

    Terrible new owners take over.....3rd rate manager...and selling all viable assets.

    A summer of discontent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you could at least try to be subtle in your trolling!

  32. #182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saint lard View Post
    This comes as no real surprise.

    Terrible new owners take over.....3rd rate manager...and selling all viable assets.

    A summer of discontent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bit unfair, you've only got to look at how successful the Chinese owners have been at Villa, Wolves & Birmingham in their managerial appointments to see how great things will be.

  33. #183

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Padded cell with WiFi
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    I am going for an ex premiership manager,

  34. #184

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Marbella drunk again
    Posts
    659

    Default

    Monk

  35. #185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliemiller View Post
    Monk
    Would rather keep Clode.

  36. #186

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Double Deuce
    Posts
    7,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy View Post
    I am going for an ex premiership manager,
    That's nice. What team do you own?

  37. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sevvy View Post
    I am going for an ex premiership manager,
    No thanks, last time we did that we got Harry. We have done pretty well bringing in managers from outside the league, and not many in that bracket have done as well as Puel in their first season, certainly not with teams outside the top six

  38. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliemiller View Post
    Monk
    Can I ask what makes you think this?

  39. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliemiller View Post
    Monk
    He will go to 'Boro.

  40. #190

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fulchester
    Posts
    9,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puddings and Monkeys View Post
    Can I ask what makes you think this?
    Probably the Saints connection, prem experience, type of club he managed in the prem, and his availability. That's why he was strongly linked with the saints job in the first place.

    That said, I'm hoping we don't go that route.

  41. #191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    Probably the Saints connection, prem experience, type of club he managed in the prem, and his availability. That's why he was strongly linked with the saints job in the first place.

    That said, I'm hoping we don't go that route.
    Thanks; but my question was more why he is saying this now...because I think he has reliable inside knowledge.

  42. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charliemiller View Post
    Monk
    If that's true nearly everyone will be disappointed (except for Monk and his Mum).

  43. #193

    Default

    Not sure Monk would be an improvement on CP to be honest.

  44. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Not sure Monk would be an improvement on CP to be honest.
    He definitely wouldn't be.

  45. #195

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Not sure Monk would be an improvement on CP to be honest.
    what's that saying?.... oh yeah be careful what you wish for

    no point replacing Puel if our only option is crap like Monk
    Last edited by doddisalegend; 03-06-2017 at 10:03 PM.

  46. #196

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    Don't mind Garry Monk even though he's not be the stellar name many on here think we deserve... hissides at least player decent football whilst getting results. After Silva, Roger Schmidt would have been my poison of choice but Tuchel is now in the frame, which isn't a bad thing.

    I'd like us to stay away from De Boer and Emery though. Not sure about the big w4nkfests over them two.

  47. #197

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    15,555
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doddisalegend View Post
    what's that saying?.... oh yeah be careful what you wish for

    no point replacing Puel if our only option is crap like Monk
    I don't particularly want Monk, but why is he being described as crap? Had a decent enough career for a young English manager.

  48. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Mash View Post
    I don't particularly want Monk, but why is he being described as crap? Had a decent enough career for a young English manager.
    Because this forum is full of odd people.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  49. #199

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    WHAT?! The "land of the free?" Whoever told you that is your enemy!
    Posts
    18,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Mash View Post
    I don't particularly want Monk, but why is he being described as crap? Had a decent enough career for a young English manager.

    What one decent season with Swansea, one bad season, and then failure to get promoted with Leeds not exactly the stuff of legends is it?

  50. #200

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,671

    Default

    I think it's more like one decent season, terrible helf season followed by Leeds most impressive season since Kevin Blackwell was their manager. Not bad at all.

    Oh and his sides play decent footy...possession based with some incisiveness. God, imagine having a cutting edge to your teams style?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •