Thomas Tuchel - Ruled Out

Singapore Saint

Schmidt to Watford fell apart due to his wage demands...presumably knowing that he had a mega deal from China on the table.

Could be similar with Palace and Saints if there had been any interest from either club.

Damn he was my choice, best be Tochel then otherwise it will be another of those "we took to long" moments.

I like to think we've known what's going on with Claude for some time now and aren't dithering around in talking to other candidates.

I'm guessing we'd like a takeover timed with new manager arriving.

He was spotted by our head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, who'd been monitoring an Espanyol player and was impressed by the style of football Pochettino's team played. Most of our best players and managers were spotted by Mitchell. Since he left, we have been fairly rudderless in the transfer market. Les Reed is just a 'figurehead' and self publicist, who some posters on here seem to worship and credit for other people's work - people who have now either been fired by Reed or have left the Club of their own accord.

Mitchell was a Reed appointment as I recall.

Shame we can't entice him back, I don't know why but the same level of confidence doesn't seem to be generated from our dealings since Wilson has been at the club.Huddersfield don't appear to have been too disadvantaged by his departure from them either.

Mitchell was a Reed appointment as I recall.

Shame we can't entice him back, I don't know why but the same level of confidence doesn't seem to be generated from our dealings since Wilson has been at the club.Huddersfield don't appear to have been too disadvantaged by his departure from them either.

he's serving out his notice at tottenham isn't he? planning to move into management as his next career step.

Hmmmm.

He was spotted by our head of recruitment, Paul Mitchell, who'd been monitoring an Espanyol player and was impressed by the style of football Pochettino's team played. Most of our best players and managers were spotted by Mitchell. Since he left, we have been fairly rudderless in the transfer market. Les Reed is just a 'figurehead' and self publicist, who some posters on here seem to worship and credit for other people's work - people who have now either been fired by Reed or have left the Club of their own accord.

Pretty sure it was Cortese. I seem to remember a video interview with him and he talked about going along (possibly with Mitchell) to the Espanyol game and being impressed by Poch so went back to a few more games before making his move.

Pretty sure it was Cortese. I seem to remember a video interview with him and he talked about going along (possibly with Mitchell) to the Espanyol game and being impressed by Poch so went back to a few more games before making his move.

Funnily enough I'm sure I read an article were Les claims it was him who spotted poch while scouting Philippe Coutinho. I imagine they were probably all there and all taking credit for it...

Funnily enough I'm sure I read an article were Les claims it was him who spotted poch while scouting Philippe Coutinho. I imagine they were probably all there and all taking credit for it...

ordinarily I don't like to toot my own horn, but it was actually me that spotted him and so did my wife.

Apologies, on further inspection this looks to be a Jack Schitt imposter...

What the f*** is the world coming to when we've imposters of bulls***ers??

I think that the rise of "social media" has unfortunately given a mouthpiece to all the ****s on the planet. They think that they are being funny, or at least that is the only explanation that I have.

Yet, none of the three are keen to acknowledge their part in signing Forren around the the time during the same window. Strange that.

Bit like no one was ever responsible for signing Delgado.

It is not yet clear where the journey is going after the holiday.

His adviser Olaf Meinking said to the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntag Zeitung" that the future of the football teacher is completely open.

Meinking: "After the holidays you will see how things develop." But "it can of course also be abroad".

According to Meinking, for Tuchel, the charisma of a club, the stadium, the city, the coat of arms, the great coaches who were there, and the big players are important. Tuchel wants to know "what a club stands for".

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/thomas-tuchel/entspannt-im-urlaub-52155208.bild.html

It is not yet clear where the journey is going after the holiday.

His adviser Olaf Meinking said to the "Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntag Zeitung" that the future of the football teacher is completely open.

Meinking: "After the holidays you will see how things develop." But "it can of course also be abroad".

According to Meinking, for Tuchel, the charisma of a club, the stadium, the city, the coat of arms, the great coaches who were there, and the big players are important. Tuchel wants to know "what a club stands for".

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/thomas-tuchel/entspannt-im-urlaub-52155208.bild.html

yeah he isn't coming here he wants a big club.

Would imagine if we weren't keen on Tuchel one of the usual mouthpieces would have ruled him out to avoid any alternative candidate being seen as a failure.

But still wouldn't suprise me if there is another left field candidate. We are clearly waiting for something to fall into place otherwise we would have announced that Clode is leaving by now.

Would imagine if we weren't keen on Tuchel one of the usual mouthpieces would have ruled him out to avoid any alternative candidate being seen as a failure.

But still wouldn't suprise me if there is another left field candidate. We are clearly waiting for something to fall into place otherwise we would have announced that Clode is leaving by now.

Or no big decisions, in or out, before ownership is resolved.

But Jeremy Wilson did an article in which he linked TT to the role....

Kenny Jackett has beaten you to it, mate.

Trying not to get carried away, but starting to think this might actually happen. Other clubs are appointing managers, his agent's comments and our known and reported targets filling positions.

I guess we will know more next week when both TT and CP are back from holiday.

Knowing my luck, we'll end up with another year of Puel or Allardyce.

Trying not to get carried away, but starting to think this might actually happen. Other clubs are appointing managers, his agent's comments and our known and reported targets filling positions.

I guess we will know more next week when both TT and CP are back from holiday.

Knowing my luck, we'll end up with another year of Puel or Allardyce.

I see Sven is out of work...

I'm getting more and more confident we have Tuchel in the bag. Puel sacking took a long time to announce so I'm optimistically thinking we were lining the replacement up during this time. Either be tuchel or frank de boer imo.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

That would be a step backwards from Puel.

I'm getting more and more confident we have Tuchel in the bag. Puel sacking took a long time to announce so I'm optimistically thinking we were lining the replacement up during this time. Either be tuchel or frank de boer imo.

Except the club statement says the search for a new manager begins now which suggests no one is close.

Except the club statement says the search for a new manager begins now which suggests no one is close.

No it doesn't.

It says the search for a new management team is underway, which is suitably vague.

It suggests that they could have already started looking a while ago, as has been suggested by journalists, including Jeremy Wilson and, I believe, Simon Peach.

Stop finding fault where there isn't any.

"The search for a new management team is underway. We are confident that we will find the right fit in line with the long term vision of the club"

You are naive if you don't think club have been working on replacement since end of season review. It was an open secret Puel was a goner. Compensation negotiations and search for new manager are reasons for delay in announcing it.

We've definitely been working on a replacement and have been since before the end of the season. If we get our first choice i reckon it'll happen by mid/end of next week, if not then it's going to rumble on for a little while yet.

We've definitely been working on a replacement and have been since before the end of the season. If we get our first choice i reckon it'll happen by mid/end of next week, if not then it's going to rumble on for a little while yet.

Eric, do you think it depends on whether a manager gets sacked?

Is our first choice currently employed by another club or a free agent? And, either way, is he German?

cheers :)

Jeremy Wilson latest piece in telegraph says no decision likely in the next week and also that we are looking at a number of options so sounds like it could be a while.

The article also says that Saints are "aware of Tuchels difficulties at Dortmund" which sounds to me like they may be preparing the ground for it not being him?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Jeremy Wilson latest piece in telegraph says no decision likely in the next week and also that we are looking at a number of options so sounds like it could be a while.

The article also says that Saints are "aware of Tuchels difficulties at Dortmund" which sounds to me like they may be preparing the ground for it not being him?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

they will leave it as long as possible so that the best players are gone and the new man wont have that on him at the start.

Didn't you imply our first choice was Emery a while back? it doesn't look like he is going anywhere though.

Didn't you imply our first choice was Emery a while back? it doesn't look like he is going anywhere though.

IMO, if Emery became available he would be our first choice and we'd snap him up pretty quickly. Obviously at the moment he's not, so our first choice is someone else.