£200+ a tyre.

Winnersaint

• 1 month later...

We've had two flat tyres in less than a week. In Ilfracombe last Friday the front nearside on my Mercedes went flat with screw damage in under 300 yards and I had to get a replacement from ATS in Barnstaple (very good) for £141 and yesterday my wife's new Celerio had a screw sticking out of its shoulder for another £52. Both tyres were almost brand new. That's nearly £200 and a load of bother for nothing.

• 1 month later...
We've had two flat tyres in less than a week. In Ilfracombe last Friday the front nearside on my Mercedes went flat with screw damage in under 300 yards and I had to get a replacement from ATS in Barnstaple (very good) for £141 and yesterday my wife's new Celerio had a screw sticking out of its shoulder for another £52. Both tyres were almost brand new. That's nearly £200 and a load of bother for nothing.

Not that good really, Micheldever Tyres would try their upmost to repair that rather than replace it and charge you £15-£20. Chain tyre monkeys will pull your pants down willy nilly!

Not that good really, Micheldever Tyres would try their upmost to repair that rather than replace it and charge you £15-£20. Chain tyre monkeys will pull your pants down willy nilly!

Nah, both tyres were knackered. My Mercedes one had been driven flat for a couple of hundred yards and the inside was shredded and my wife's puncture was right on the shoulder. A repair wouldn't have lasted two minutes.