Mauricio Pelligrino

Matthew Le Tissier

why does everyone call him pellegrino?! is it a joke i don't get?! is he made of refreshing italian springwater?!

note: it's obviously also manuel. i never thought a message board could incite insecurities about my own idiocy.

why does everyone call him pellegrino?! is it a joke i don't get?! is he made of refreshing italian springwater?!

note: it's obviously also manuel. i never thought a message board could incite insecurities about my own idiocy.

Stop worrying. The joke is not so much obscure as opaque.

• 2 weeks later...

For a bit of fun I looked up the win ratios (as a manager) of the following past and proposed Saints managers

C.Puel 42%

M.Pellegrino 43%

S.Dyche 39%

T.Puchel 49%

R.Koeman 54%

M.Pochettino 42%

N.Adkins 44%

Based on this information, and this alone, I'm not sure Dyche is the right target.

Pellegrino could turn out to be Claude - not growing in this role or Poch - who positively surprised everyone despite his lack lustre record (Poch's win ratio was only in the high 30's before he moved to Tottenham where his successes have improved his stats).

But if not him, who else?

The names being touted fill me with dread more than optimism.

Not sure even 'best of a bad lot' is applicable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This form the man that touted Monk and Beattie as our saviours.

You got what you wanted with Puel gone, and now don't like the options available. Well boo hoo.

The names being touted fill me with dread more than optimism.

Not sure even 'best of a bad lot' is applicable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the phrase "every single one of them better than your dream candidate Garry Monk" is definitely applicable.

Just read this...

Scoring goals was what Alaves found most difficult last season, netting just 41 times. Only three teams in La Liga scored fewer and two of those sides – Granada and Osasuna - were relegated. But the considerable flip side was that they only let in 43 – only three sides conceded fewer, the champions Madrid let in 41.

Scoring goals was our biggest problem last season too and is probably the main reason why Puel's gone. Why would we want to replace Puel with somebody whose record doesn't appear to be much better? Makes no sense at all.

Just read this...

Scoring goals was what Alaves found most difficult last season, netting just 41 times. Only three teams in La Liga scored fewer and two of those sides – Granada and Osasuna - were relegated. But the considerable flip side was that they only let in 43 – only three sides conceded fewer, the champions Madrid let in 41.

Scoring goals was our biggest problem last season too and is probably the main reason why Puel's gone. Why would we want to replace Puel with somebody whose record doesn't appear to be much better? Makes no sense at all.

This is a very salient point, but also, it's Alaves.

By all accounts, he did a fairly remarkable job there.

Just read this...

That is a bit of a simplistic way of looking at things even though I appreciate where you are coming from.

Spotter's Guide for the easily confused.

Manuel Pellegrini:

Manuel-Pellegrini-Burnley-009.jpg

Mauricio Pellegrino: (can't see any future problems here)

pellegrino_4a70461890871825340524.jpga9d55d5d-b739-49cb-bddc-5a8ae0cfbca3.jpg

San Pellegrino:

74181011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=ef50f48dcd59dff56e4d4eb86bf2f9c1

Mauricio Pochettino:

mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-manager-omg_3211144.jpg?20141001144745

Not sure about him tbh. Whoever comes in will get my backing. But he doesn't like to stay at a club for long. I think I read he has been at 3 clubs in the last two years which doesn't strike me as 'stability'. Maybe he knew he couldn't do any better at Alves so was time to jump whilst his reputation was ok. Problem is he would probably do the same to us. I would prefer someone to come in who wants to be here for a good few years and build something good.

Alaves played long ball 11 men behind the ball football last season.

Got results but much prefer being a team that keeps the ball.

Wouldn't be anything close to an upgrade.

Now that's fu cking more like it.

He's bloody John Beck with a sombrero on.

Bobby Gould on the Sangria.

El Davide Bassetino.

Get him, and Jon Walters, in in in.

Not sure about him tbh. Whoever comes in will get my backing. But he doesn't like to stay at a club for long. I think I read he has been at 3 clubs in the last two years which doesn't strike me as 'stability'. Maybe he knew he couldn't do any better at Alves so was time to jump whilst his reputation was ok. Problem is he would probably do the same to us. I would prefer someone to come in who wants to be here for a good few years and build something good.

Unless Le Tissier can become our coach no one will be here a good few years and then build something.

All would jump ship if a top 6 club offered a vacancy because we were doing well

Unless Le Tissier can become our coach no one will be here a good few years and then build something.

All would jump ship if a top 6 club offered a vacancy because we were doing well

Exactly.

Couldn't give a monkey's about someone here for a "good few years". Basically that means mediocrity.

If our next manager buggers off to Arsenal in two years time, that'll be because he's done a brilliant job. Fine by me.