Make a statement now

9-3

It is frustrating 9-3 wants constant updates about something the fans don't need a minute by minute account of. We'll find out in due course, us knowing or not isn't going to make a difference.

I suppose it depends upon whether or not you believe that fans are stakeholders in the club and as such to expect to have some entitlement to be kept informed. As the club promotes "Together as One" and other similar slogans to rally people to the cause then it is perfectly reasonable for people like 9-3 in the absence of any communications to feel that they are being ignored and deliberately kept in the dark.

There isn't any need for a statement unless something is official however I'd like to think things are progressing behind the scenes. Hopefully Les Reed has learnt from his mistakes during January and is getting the managerial situation sorted now.

It will be the build up to the new season before you know it. If RK or MP were still our Manager there wouldn't be a problem but as there is an obvious problem with CP you would think that a certain amount of decisiveness was called for. I am not naturally a knee jerker but for virtually the first time in 60 years of watching Saints (and this includes the Branfoot debacle) I have not been excited watching the team. CO seems a decent principled bloke but not a good fit for us. We mustn't be left behind....there's not a lot of time....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There isn't any need for a statement unless something is official however I'd like to think things are progressing behind the scenes. Hopefully Les Reed has learnt from his mistakes during January and is getting the managerial situation sorted now.

What mistakes? We botched last summer but I don't see any mistakes having been made in January.

I'm rather glad our club isn't like West Ham where the owners (or their sons) give a running commentary on how the club is run on Twitter.

It's a shame Jack Sullivan is getting older as I haven't seen him make a tit of himself yet. The summer is still young though.

What mistakes? We botched last summer but I don't see any mistakes having been made in January.

Are you telling me you were happy with the way the Centre Back situation was handled by the club?

To let Fonte leave before we had a replacement in was criminal and contributed to us losing the EFL cup final.

so when les reed opens his mouth he'd only get negative comments from people here anyway. (Not unduly)

id prefer it myself if he didn't come out with comments that will only bite him in the ar*e later tbh

Completely agree. If Les Got his head down and wasn't heard from until the end of the window because he is too busy grafting away I'd be happy. Leave Ralph to theishtalk.

Are you telling me you were happy with the way the Centre Back situation was handled by the club?

To let Fonte leave before we had a replacement in was criminal and contributed to us losing the EFL cup final.

Have you seen Fonte playing lately? On this season's form he would be our 4th choice. Virgil's injury cost us the league cup final because guess what, we only have one CB at his level, Fonte's sale didn't have anything to do with it. 8m for a player in clear decline, throwing is toys out of the pram because we wanted a big last contract and now inferior to our other CB was a good deal, another Lambert like sale. And we got Gabbi, it was a very good window. It was the summer that we messed up.

Re-read Les Reed's January comments about Puel. He talks about him being a 'teacher' and teaching 'takes time'. He also said in a previous interview that when they appoint managers they tell them they'll get time and support and not need to be 'looking over their shoulder'.

All this would seem to indicate that he is likely staying.

the managerial situation, as in, we have a manager, a good one, under contract?

Re-read Les Reed's January comments about Puel. He talks about him being a 'teacher' and teaching 'takes time'. He also said in a previous interview that when they appoint managers they tell them they'll get time and support and not need to be 'looking over their shoulder'.

As a former inner city PE teacher Les Reed knows an inspirational teacher when he sees one, the government should see sense and make him Minister of Education (plus expenses).

That was before it became obvious he wanted to go to the French club.

Why should they make a statement if Puel is still manager

You've answered your own question. Put an end to the rumours so that everyone knows where they stand.

"We are aware of the speculation in the press and amongst fans concerning the manager's position here at SFC but we want to re-iterate that that is exactly what it is, speculation about which we can do nothing. Claude Puel has a three year contract to be head coach of SFC and this remains the position"

Now what harm is there is saying that, it took me just 30 seconds to write that! 30 Seconds!

You've answered your own question. Put an end to the rumours so that everyone knows where they stand.

"We are aware of the speculation in the press and amongst fans concerning the manager's position here at SFC but we want to re-iterate that that is exactly what it is, speculation about which we can do nothing. Claude Puel has a three year contract to be head coach of SFC and this remains the position"

Now what harm is there is saying that, it took me just 30 seconds to write that! 30 Seconds!

If they released that statement your fu cking head would explode.

At the end of the day, wether we agree or not, we are not just fans, but customers.

In my experience a corporations customers only get informed of major restructuring after all the details of the plan have been implemented. Imagine if this wasn't football, your long term solicitors are thinking of changing your favorite lawyer, do they contact you and say " hey, we're thinking of sacking XXXX and hoping to persuade XXXX to join us"? Or do the post office get in touch to say that they believe they should take Joe the postie off his round and they are hoping to hire a fitter younger replacement if he accepts the post?

It's only because it's football and we all get so carried away, thinking we have any say in the plans of the club we love.

Yeah, if you want the club to just state the bleedin' obvious, not add any information and fuel further speculation with a completely non-commital statement on Puel's position.

Yeah, if you want the club to just state the bleedin' obvious, not add any information and fuel further speculation with a completely non-commital statement on Puel's position.

Absolutely. If posters actually know what the club could be saying, why do they actually need to say it?