How would you spend the £60m for VVD?

SKD

£14m - Semedo (looks like this will happen)

£20m - VVD replacement.... Sahko would do the job, imo.

£20m - Sigurdsson

£6m (yearly wage) - new manager.... Emery or Tuchel

This is about right, no chance we'll get hold of Sigurdsson though.

£20m - Sigurdsson

Not paying any of the players wages then, just the manager? :o

We need 2 CBs even if we don't sell VVD unless Gardos is an acceptable 4th choice, which he wasn't based on anything he did after he came back last season. Definitely need a #10, hole player, etc. unless we're planning on giving Boufal that responsibility after a pre-season.

Another DM to push Romeu would be nice but I think we're going all the way with Ward-Prowse now he's started to show some consistency. Keeper? :o I'm going to assume any other departures will also raise money to replace them (eg Tadic).

I'm sure he'd be happy with it given the far better chance of the players recovering before the next game throughout next season.

Are you going to keep repeating this fatigue point? It clearly wasn't the only reason we couldn't score...!!

Are you going to keep repeating this fatigue point? It clearly wasn't the only reason we couldn't score...!!

I've been talking about it since October, so it's unlikely to stop now. It certainly didn't help us. We'll only know for sure if Puel remains in charge of course.

I've been talking about it since October, so it's unlikely to stop now. It certainly didn't help us. We'll only know for sure if Puel remains in charge of course.

yes. it's a great reason to keep him. at least then we'll know! rejoice!

£20m - Sigurdsson

I love Sigurdsson. I think he's brilliant - But can we stop thinking he'd be available at £20m.

Swansea are likely to want £35m+

It all gets very tiresome. The Liebherrs have put a pile of money into the club and are still backing us. If in the future they want to recover some of that money then that is their prerogative. I am very glad that they are here for us.

Agreed.

It all gets very tiresome. The Liebherrs have put a pile of money into the club and are still backing us. If in the future they want to recover some of that money then that is their prerogative. I am very glad that they are here for us.

What has Kat put in? Genuine question

She has loaned the club money and charges a handsome interest.

Since inheriting the club she has sold 240m worth of players - will likely top 300m once the summer is through.

She will eventually sell the club she was given for 200+ million.

What "pile of money" has she put into the club?

Since inheriting the club she has sold 240m worth of players - will likely top 300m once the summer is through.

'She has loaned the club money'. What that if not putting money in. Any interest charged has to be at a commercial rate.

'She' is not the club, that is a separate entity so she hasn't sold anything. A lot of players have been bought as well as sold.

She hasn't sold the club yet.

A lump of loan has been converted to equity.

I did say 'the Liebherr family.

If I was Kat id bank the cash and then flog the club for as much as possible because she clearly isnt interested in developing g the club

Did you really say that...? 'She isn't interested in developing the club'. Where exactly were we when the Liebherrs bought the club..? Even after the sad passing of Markus, under Katharinas stewardship we have still progressed and developed. 3 top ten finishes in the last 3 seasons, when did that last happen? Not developing..... nah.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I genuinely wouldn't waste a penny on Sakho

He's done his ACL anyway - won't be back playing until sometime in 2018.

Hopefully we've learned our lesson from Rodriguez, that giving contracts to seriously​ injured players and just assuming they'll return as good as new isn't particularly clever.

£20m - Sigurdsson

Badstuber and Semedo in.

Clichy in if RB also goes.

Will Hughes & Keita for Midfield.

Ramirez from Malaga.

Prob still have loads left over..

I F**KUNG WOULDNT HAVE 60MIL TO SPEND BECAUSE I WOULDNT HAVE F**KING SOLD HIM. ESPECIALLY NOT TO THAT F**KING CLUB.

F**K OFF SOUTHAMPTON YOU F**KING LYING TOSSPOTS YOU SAID YOU DIDNT NEED TO SELL GROW A F**KING BACKBONE AND SOME BALLS AND BUILD A SQUAD TO CHALLENGE FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

I F**KUNG WOULDNT HAVE 60MIL TO SPEND BECAUSE I WOULDNT HAVE F**KING SOLD HIM. ESPECIALLY NOT TO THAT F**KING CLUB.

F**K OFF SOUTHAMPTON YOU F**KING LYING TOSSPOTS YOU SAID YOU DIDNT NEED TO SELL GROW A F**KING BACKBONE AND SOME BALLS AND BUILD A SQUAD TO CHALLENGE FOR THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Hahaha we've all had a moment like this over the last few years. Don't worry mate, the next step is acceptance and we'll see you there

Just curious: do you read the club's financial and not understand them or do you just make up stuff?

I'd pay off some of kat's loan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think she'll allow that to happen until she sells the club. You do wonder though where all these hundreds of millions of PL prize money, TV money and transfer fees are going when a relatively small loan is never paid off.

I don't think she'll allow that to happen until she sells the club. You do wonder though where all these hundreds of millions of PL prize money, TV money and transfer fees are going when a relatively small loan is never paid off.

Wages

So if we don't sell VVD there is no transfer budget?

Sounds about right to be fair.

I'd imagine wage budget is more of an issue than our transfer budget.

Though if we get rid of Long, Jay Rod, Clasie from it then than should free up enough I reckon for some decent players, plus we had Fonte go from it mid season and Gaston the year before. I'd imagine all 5 of those players are pretty high earners.

£60m probably mean 40m guaranteed + extras

So......

£6m to offload Puel and his team

£6m to Kat (interest on her loan)

£12m to Celtic

£6m to VVDs agent

1.2m bonus for Les

Leaves 8.8m to buy a replacement

probably not too far from the truth .

totally agree and why Liverpool again.........!