Investing in Ethereum & tokens

Convict Colony

Ripple (XRP) has done pretty well for me over the last two weeks.

Bought in at $0.22 and it is currently trading at $1.46 a nice little 500%+ return in two weeks.

Ditto, except I was a bit slow and only got in at $0.55c. Have to say I'm not sure it can go much beyond $5 due to its massive 100 billion token total-supply, but I'd be very happy at $5.

you must be loving todays ridiculous pump sell now before the crash

As it stands, I've had a 1000%+ return in December alone.

It's not crashed yet. It has further to go. The recent spike was due to 2 Japanese banks trialing the tech, but it is holding above the $2 mark, at $2.26.

There are more banks in the pipeline as only 15 of the worlds top 50 banks are on it.

There are also rumours that Ripple will be added to Coinbase, which if it is the case, demand will go through the roof, as it will open the crypto to the masses.

Edited by Johnny Bognor

As it stands, I've had a 1000%+ return in December alone.

It's not crashed yet. It has further to go. The recent spike was due to 2 Japanese banks trialing the tech, but it is holding above the $2 mark, at $2.26.

There are more banks in the pipeline as only 15 of the worlds top 50 banks are on it.

There are also rumours that Ripple will be added to Coinbase, which if it is the case, demand will go through the roof, as it will open the crypto to the masses.

They are trailing the network, not the token.

It's unlikely that any banks will want to use the publicly available tokens due to their volatility, but a rising tide, etc.

I think the above association plus the Coinbase rumours have done a lot for the price, however after coinbase's recent Bitcoin cash debacle, I think it may be a while until they add any more currency / tokens :)

I still think it could go higher, but it's been on a slow deflate for the the last few days. I have around 1k left. The rest of my cash is in ADA, REQ & IOTA.

Well done. A profit’s not a profit until it’s taken.

Loads flying up today. Ripple hit 3 dollars on some exchanges, still have all my original investment in it but may well take 50% out soon.

VEN and XLM are doing very well for me at the moment. Traded IOTA for more of them the other day but may go back in while it's hovering at it's current price.

Gutted I'm not on XRB but I stupidly only use Binance and it's not listed there yet.

Loving Ripple, some 1500% up in just 4 weeks. Mental. Cashed in Litecoin and Bitcoin. Held on to Ether which is 12% up on yesterday.

I'm on TRX which is up 250% on yesterday.

Trying to get ADA and NEO at the moment.

Ada has been very steady for me, rock solid wallet as well, though there have been some transaction delays recently.

Moving into reward era soon, so extra coins for PoS. I bought in at $0.30.

Loving Ripple, some 1500% up in just 4 weeks. Mental. Cashed in Litecoin and Bitcoin. Held on to Ether which is 12% up on yesterday.

Absolutely amazing, you seem to know what you are doing and so good on you.

ETH and BAT have both hit all time highs today, looking like Bitcoin could push up again which could affect the alt coins, I've hedged a few of the weaker coins against this.

Am loving ETH though, last year around this time I bought my first lot of ETH at 9.5 euro, its now 1050 euro !!

Expecting ETH to grow further with some corrections, we could be looking at 3k by march and pushing near 10k at end of year (pure optimisitic guesstimate)

Also what apps are everyone using ?

I did use blockfolio but was getting annoyed by the bugs in the system so have switched over to Delta which is really nice and notifies me when ever any of my coins reach a ATH and also a daily report on my profit/lose per day.

Hope you exited Ripple and Tron johnny or are you a hodler

Beginners luck LOL
still good on you. The secret will be when to leave the wheel of fortune.

You and Convict have been pretty good at assessing this market. I have stood on the sidelines naysaying and feel a tad jealous lol. 40 plus years of buying and taking profits have served me well, but seeing the % you lads have made is very impressive.

I still believe you are buying air, but the worlds speculating day traders are loving it. Just be ready to jump off the bus while its still rolling, once it pulls up everybody will be getting off IMO

Hope you exited Ripple and Tron johnny or are you a hodler

I sold half my Ripple after it tanked, but sold at $2.00. Still happy with it as I bought at $0.22. Moved it back to Ether which is steady. I still think Ripple could go to $5, so have kept half.

Slightly down on Tron though but will HODL

Been tempted by NEO and ADA too, but it's not been a great week for Cryptos

All my initial investments are out and so now I am playing with my winnings.

Edited by Johnny Bognor

I sold half my Ripple after it tanked, but sold at $2.00. Still happy with it as I bought at $0.22. Moved it back to Ether which is steady. I still think Ripple could go to $5, so have kept half.

Slightly down on Tron though but will HODL

Been tempted by NEO and ADA too, but it's not been a great week for Cryptos

All my initial investments are out and so now I am playing with my winnings.

Ripple is up 20% now so good stuff, not sure what is causing it I think it is related to moneygram announcement.

I excited Tron after the initial pump when I read more and more about the whitepaper being sketchy - didnt make a lot but didnt lose any ;-)

Sold all my Ripple a few days ago before it massively tanked which was good timing. Tron seems to be run by a crazy guy who is good at PR but doesn't have a product to back it up with.

As for wallets, I'm using Enjin now. Simple to set up, smooth interface and holds a whole bunch of different coins. Aside from that I use Binance to trade and Delta to keep an eye on what's going on.

I sold half my Ripple after it tanked, but sold at $2.00. Still happy with it as I bought at $0.22.

That makes me feel better about cashing out half of mine at $2.52 :)

Pretty much all in with ada now, for better or worse (worse, currently). I like the concept, despite hoskinson's history, and the development seems strong.

In other news, genesis mining have put their payout thresholds up from 0.001 to 0.005 btc in a month, which is quite annoying. Worse, they have put the eth payout threshold up to 0.075 from 0.05, which (with my small contract) means I will be waiting 6 months before my next payout.

Morning All, is there one easy platform to buy, sell and monitor these cryptocurrencies etc, and can anyone recommend a wallet to use?

I'm completely naive about this and it all looks quite daunting!

If there's a basic and easy way can someone advise? Is it worth calling brokers about this at all?

Is ripple a good longer term investment (12-18 months)?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by LeBizzier69

Morning All, is there one easy platform to buy, sell and monitor these cryptocurrencies etc, and can anyone recommend a wallet to use?

I'm completely naive about this and it all looks quite daunting!

If there's a basic and easy way can someone advise? Is it worth calling brokers about this at all?

Is ripple a good longer term investment (12-18 months)?

Thanks in advance.

Easiest way is as follows:

Open Coinbase account. Transfer money to it and buy ETH or LTC (they are faster and cheaper to send than Bitcoin)

Open Binance account. This is where you can trade ETH for other coins such as Ripple.

Once you have traded coins you can store them in Binance. However if you have invested a fair amount of cash it's far more secure to send them to a wallet.

Enjin wallet is one which holds a lot of different coins so that's a decent place to hold them. To be totally secure you can buy an offline wallet (it's like a USB stick) and store coins there or spread different coins across different wallets - some coins have their own dedicated wallets.

There's so much going on in Crypto that it's worth taking time to read up about different coins. Most have subreddits dedicated to them which is a reasonable place to start for information (although you have to work out who to believe as people will post a lot of misinformation to suit their agenda, much like on here!)

Obviously there are other exchanges and other wallets but you'll need to do a bit of research to find ones that are comfortable for you.

Personally I'd not bother with ripple. It's had a lot of media attention but there are far more stable coins with potential for bigger growth.

One good rule is to keep ETH as a fairly stable part of your overall holdings, then put smaller percentages into other coins. I shuffle my holdings around as I read more and find out about different coins. For example I traded a few coins to buy NEO the other day which looks promising as a long term investment.

Good luck.

Easiest way is as follows:

Open Coinbase account. Transfer money to it and buy ETH or LTC (they are faster and cheaper to send than Bitcoin)

Open Binance account. This is where you can trade ETH for other coins such as Ripple.

Once you have traded coins you can store them in Binance. However if you have invested a fair amount of cash it's far more secure to send them to a wallet.

Enjin wallet is one which holds a lot of different coins so that's a decent place to hold them. To be totally secure you can buy an offline wallet (it's like a USB stick) and store coins there or spread different coins across different wallets - some coins have their own dedicated wallets.

There's so much going on in Crypto that it's worth taking time to read up about different coins. Most have subreddits dedicated to them which is a reasonable place to start for information (although you have to work out who to believe as people will post a lot of misinformation to suit their agenda, much like on here!)

Obviously there are other exchanges and other wallets but you'll need to do a bit of research to find ones that are comfortable for you.

Personally I'd not bother with ripple. It's had a lot of media attention but there are far more stable coins with potential for bigger growth.

One good rule is to keep ETH as a fairly stable part of your overall holdings, then put smaller percentages into other coins. I shuffle my holdings around as I read more and find out about different coins. For example I traded a few coins to buy NEO the other day which looks promising as a long term investment.

Good luck.

This

Reading is the no.1 most important value in crypto as with new money coming in all the time a little knowledge goes a long way before it goes mainstream.

I got in on the floor of REQ/BAT and OMG just reading about the product/ team and timeline for delivery before they made headlines.

Ha. I'm finding it perversely amusing, probably helped by the fact I withdrew 3x my initial stake a month ago.

Waiting for the right time to buy more although timing that correctly is going to be pretty difficult. Every time I think it's hit the bottom it goes down again!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Are you still investing/ putting money in these things, or have you sold???

Cashed out most of it 8 weeks ago. Although I am holding small amounts of Litecoin, Ripple, Stellar, Litecoin and NEO

Started piling in again on Ripple last week for the next bull run. 40% up over last week. It is currently at $0.85 and I have a feeling it will reach $5 by the end of the year.

Cashed out most of it 8 weeks ago. Although I am holding small amounts of Litecoin, Ripple, Stellar, Litecoin and NEO

Started piling in again on Ripple last week for the next bull run. 40% up over last week. It is currently at $0.85 and I have a feeling it will reach $5 by the end of the year.

Nice story balders. Show me a market timer and I'll show you a heap of pony.

Nice story balders. Show me a market timer and I'll show you a heap of pony.

I've had as many losers as winners, it is just my winners have been big. 1500%+ on Ripple over a few weeks. Litecoin 500%+. Perhaps more luck than judgement...

Ripple topped $3.50 a few months ago before it slumped to $0.50. It is on a good run again and nearly tested $1 over the weekend. I don't see why it can't go back to $3.50 and beyond. I still think $5 by the end of the year and I'm happy for you to come back to me if it doesn't. But I only gamble what I can afford to lose, so if it doesn't work out, Im not too bothered.

• 2 months later...
Don't expect an answer. It must be difficult to type with all those burnt fingers.
now, now, Verbal don't be cruel.

There will be winners as well as losers in this. Iam not surprised it has gone down, Iam amazed it has gone down so slowly though.

It seems the idea is going to be used in our future, but the banks wont be pushing it, that's for sure.

I notice that Bitcoin is now under £5000. Is anyone on here still investing(?)in this new age concept?

I've got a bit of money set aside to buy more, just waiting at the moment.

The people that got burned were the ones who started investing in January at the top of the market. The current price is still above when I first bought.

My contracts are still feeding me bitcoin on a semi-regular basis, which I instantly convert to Cardano and hoard in my token pile.

Cardano has tanked over the past 6 months, down from a high of 80p to 10p currently.

Fact is I believe in the project, so will stick with it for a couple of years.

I’m way down on where I would have been if I’d sold at Xmas, but still up on my initial investment, plus I took some profits during the crazy period.