Puel Sacked? - As Reported by Crook of Sh*t

I would say parts of that are very close to what is happening.

I would guess the parts that are very close are as follows -

- i'm hoping Tuchel has been lined up for a couple of weeks now

- We can dream can't we

The rest is very fluid i would imagine.

Seriously though I cant see us making any decisions until we have someone lined up 100% to replace him

I would guess the parts that are very close are as follows -

- i'm hoping Tuchel has been lined up for a couple of weeks now

- We can dream can't we

The rest is very fluid i would imagine.

Seriously though I cant see us making any decisions until we have someone lined up 100% to replace him

I cant see us making any decisions until we sort out who is making the decisions!

Puel is now in the same situation as Koeman was last year, with the club not prepared to allow the manager to run his contract down and become a lame duck. They can hardly keep Puel as it would be a lame duck disaster waiting to happen.

Puel is now in the same situation as Koeman was last year, with the club not prepared to allow the manager to run his contract down and become a lame duck. They can hardly keep Puel as it would be a lame duck disaster waiting to happen.

Very different scenario surely? Ultimately we will sack Puel and pay him compensation because we don't want him to be our Manager anymore.

Koeman we wanted to stay but only if he was committed for the longer term which he refused to do.

IMO there is no way back for Puel now, his position is completely untenable as we have clesrly been looking at new Manager's and everyone knows about it. He would have zero respect from players, fans or the club if he were to remain.

Can only assume we are working behind the scenes, just hopefully in a better way than the Fonte scenario in January.

For anyone foolish enough to want him, It looks like Ranieri is going to Nantes (assuming the deal is confirmed by the French Football Federation, as at 65 Ranieri is technically unemployable as a manager, in France. French rules stipulate you cannot appoint a manager over 65...Odd).

Given that he's chosen Nantes would suggest he had little other offers, especially not from us. However, the pool of 'available' managers gets smaller which to me would suggest we have our eye on a preferred target.....

For anyone foolish enough to want him, It looks like Ranieri is going to Nantes (assuming the deal is confirmed by the French Football Federation, as at 65 Ranieri is technically unemployable as a manager, in France. French rules stipulate you cannot appoint a manager over 65...Odd).

Given that he's chosen Nantes would suggest he had little other offers, especially not from us. However, the pool of 'available' managers gets smaller which to me would suggest we have our eye on a preferred target.....

Can only mean one thing.... Paul Hart.

So basically we've put all eggs in the Tuchel basket and if it doesn't come off Puel is still here.....

Can only mean one thing.... Paul Hart.

I've heard the club have taken on fans feedback about lack of enthusiasm on the touch line, and in press conferences, and Tony Adams is being seriously considered...

So basically we've put all eggs in the Tuchel basket and if it doesn't come off Puel is still here.....

Possibly, I would have thought the club are pretty confident of getting him, if this truly is the case. I would hope the club have some sort of contingency, however as I've said the list is getting ever smaller and I cannot believe Silva & Schmidt would have gone where they have if we had registered serious interested, to the point of offering a contract...

I've heard the club have taken on fans feedback about lack of enthusiasm on the touch line, and in press conferences, and Tony Adams is being seriously considered...

If we can't tempt Steve Coppell away from some no-mark side in the Indian league this shows an alarming lack of ambition by the board. Heads must roll.

I know you're joking but it's a name I've heard...

Possibly, I would have thought the club are pretty confident of getting him, if this truly is the case. I would hope the club have some sort of contingency, however as I've said the list is getting ever smaller and I cannot believe Silva & Schmidt would have gone where they have if we had registered serious interested, to the point of offering a contract...

We made contact with Silva's agent before the end of the season (up to two weeks before the end of the season is what i heard) and dismissed him fairly quickly, from what i heard he was never really a serious candidate. No idea why though.

Like you said i'm sure there's a far longer list than just one manager, and there's going to be some on there we haven't heard of or haven't even been mentioned.

When it comes to potential new managers the club tends to be very good at keeping things quiet, leaks are as likely as anything to come from other sources.

We made contact with Silva's agent before the end of the season (up to two weeks before the end of the season is what i heard) and dismissed him fairly quickly, from what i heard he was never really a serious candidate. No idea why though.

Like you said i'm sure there's a far longer list than just one manager, and there's going to be some on there we haven't heard of or haven't even been mentioned.

When it comes to potential new managers the club tends to be very good at keeping things quiet, leaks are as likely as anything to come from other sources.

I thought you were the one suggesting Emery/Tuchel was our target?

Do you know anything how far we have come in the process and when to expect an announcement? Are we done to one-two candidates?