Puel Sacked? - As Reported by Crook of Sh*t

It's the Express and Alex Crook - no actual new info, just a speculative punt that it will happen tomorrow/during the week. The newspaper equivalent of this forum's very own speculator AR-10.

It's pretty obvious he has gone, just a matter of time before it's announced.

It's the Express and Alex Crook - no actual new info, just a speculative punt that it will happen tomorrow/during the week. The newspaper equivalent of this forum's very own speculator AR-10.

It's pretty obvious he has gone, just a matter of time before it's announced.

On the next page there is probably an advert for UKIP and on the front page something about Statins or some freak weather stream about to hit the UK for the next 3 months.

On the next page there is probably an advert for UKIP and on the front page something about Statins or some freak weather stream about to hit the UK for the next 3 months.

Apparently there's been a new twist in the search for Maddie, and also Princess Diana is still dead.

Would have been right behind him if he'd stayed, and seeing Saints in a final at Wembley because of him was awesome, but I can't say I'm devastated he's gone.

Likewise, seemed like a nice bloke, just out of his depth and turgid football.

Likewise, seemed like a nice bloke, just out of his depth and turgid football.

Not convinced the new bloke is going to do any better no Bertrand, no VVD, JWP and Davis still in our midfield, Tadic still sulking, Forster still doing the mannequin challenge in goal, and Shane Long still offside. Next season could be even worse unless Les has a cracking transfer window.

Edited by doddisalegend

Not convinced the new bloke is going to do any better no Bertrand, no VVD, JWP and Davis still in our midfield, Tadic still sulking, Forster still doing the mannequin challenge in goal, and Shane Long still offside. Next season could be even worse unless less has a cracking transfer window.

Completely agree.

Nothing against Puel himself, but this was the first Saints season of my lifetime that I missed games and wasn't particularly bothered occasionally whilst watching them. Excited to see if we manage to get Tuchel but he'll probably end up at Monaco now.

Likewise nowt against Claude, but similarly this has to have been the first season in years where I have actually considered starting to head for home when the added time board has gone up (if not before). And I am one of the daft sods who sat through our spiral downwards into league 1 without the merest thought about heading home before the ref blew time. (did wonder how cold the Itchen would be a few times post match crossing Northam bridge though!!).

Puel sacked by @SouthamptonFC after 1 season in charge, despite finishing 8th & reaching a cup final. Tuchel & Schmidt on shortlist. #saints https://t.co/oN3HcMDsF4

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I think this guy is just a random blogger - doesn't look to be at all ITK.

Glad Puel's gone in all honesty. Decent bloke and clearly a capable coach, but not the right fit for the club at the current time. It's a shame but despite getting to a cup final his tenure never really seemed to ignite. Wish him success in the future

Not convinced the new bloke is going to do any better no Bertrand, no VVD, JWP and Davis still in our midfield, Tadic still sulking, Forster still doing the mannequin challenge in goal, and Shane Long still offside. Next season could be even worse unless less has a cracking transfer window.

one thing is for sure, whatever the nationality or country the new manager had previously been working in, the black box, will be throwing out names of players who have been playing in that country like confetti, by an amazing coincidence all of them will be long term targets that we've been monitoring closely for years.

Not convinced the new bloke is going to do any better no Bertrand, no VVD, JWP and Davis still in our midfield, Tadic still sulking, Forster still doing the mannequin challenge in goal, and Shane Long still offside. Next season could be even worse unless Les has a cracking transfer window.

Exactly, is all about the tools you have to work with..!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Puel was probably guilty of trying to change too much, too soon. A bit like Clough at Leeds. However, some of the deadwood need clearing out, and if the players don't perform, it was always going to be tough.

I am on the Tuchel train though. Make it happen Uncle Les.

Got nothing against the guy and finishing 8th and a cup final is a good achievement for your first season in England.

But if you are honest about it our 2017 form has been woeful, especially near the end of the season. The home form has been atrocious and some of his decisions have been pretty stupid. When we were chasing the last home game and he brings on a defender is just one of many poor decisions he has made.

A few will defend his record and mention the amount of football we have played. But since the start of the year we played just as many as other teams and even had a couple of months where we only played two games. All squads will have injuries and bans and we have had them in many of our recent seasons. Even with his rotation policy we were still awful. I could understand it if it worked but it didn't. Yet he stuck to it. When he brought players in who seemed to actually do well they would be dropped for the next game.

His style of football just isn't suited to the PL. A league that prides itself on every team being able to beat anyone on their day. My main criticism of him is that too many times we set up not to lose the game rather than win it. And even when we went behind he never changed anything.

As others have mentioned we need a clear out. Classie, Boufoul, Hojberg have been poor this season. Davis is getting old, Jay and Austin are always injured and we lost our captain mid-season. We need to invest a lot of money into the team if we are to push on from 8th. However to buy good attacking players costs a lot more than defensive ones. The question is with the takeover in the works would we spend a lot of money this summer? I can't see that happening.

Really strange why Puel didn't take the ASSE job. He must have known this was coming.

This way we pay his contract until he gets a new job, is he likely to get more money anywhere else? Probably not. So he'll maximise his income by not leaving before pushed. If pushed.

I'm not sure I totally agree.

VVD could still stay, Bertrand so what, we are allowing him to leave because it suits the clubs progress. JWP delivers an amazing ball plus is improving each year.

Davis just needs coaching on how to stay calm on a goal scoring opportunity. Long last season was on fire with a decent manager. Tadic is the icing of the team when he plays well, an assist machine. Play to his strengths like we did with Koeman. Forster ha ha nothing will help that lump so I will give you that one.

yep thanks for the cup final and all that Claude, I can't thank you for the fact that my son kept asking 'why don't we score goals anymore daddy?' All the way from the Stoke game.

As for the rest, well it's about time the club took a stand and dealt with players taking the p!ss. But then the club also needs to get this squad sorted out if it wants to challenge the top 6. Far too much deadwood in the squad - the new manager needs to either get them motivated and playing or move them on.

And dear god I hope the new manager is at least someone known rather than a newcomer to the PL (no matter how good their reputation in whatever league they are from)

yep thanks for the cup final and all that Claude, I can't thank you for the fact that my son kept asking 'why don't we score goals anymore daddy?' All the way from the Stoke game.

As for the rest, well it's about time the club took a stand and dealt with players taking the p!ss. But then the club also needs to get this squad sorted out if it wants to challenge the top 6. Far too much deadwood in the squad - the new manager needs to either get them motivated and playing or move them on.

And dear god I hope the new manager is at least someone known rather than a newcomer to the PL (no matter how good their reputation in whatever league they are from)

Hopefully you showed him a picture of Shane Long and Jrod...

Personally I want somebody with a bit of fire and passion who can get the team playing pressing attacking football get Poch back and Cortese the Don. Least he would have the swedes to tell the scousers to do one...... Unlike the bunch of egg mayo sanwiches we have currently as a board.

And he has a point

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No he doesn't. We've never tapped up a new manager - Pardew, Adkins, Poch, Koeman or Puel were all spken to legitimately and there's nothing to suggest we would tap up the new manager. Same goes with players as far as I'm aware. He's just projecting Liverpool behaviour and assuming everyone else does it. He's wrong and so are you.

No he doesn't. We've never tapped up a new manager - Pardew, Adkins, Poch, Koeman or Puel were all spken to legitimately and there's nothing to suggest we would tap up the new manager. Same goes with players as far as I'm aware. He's just projecting Liverpool behaviour and assuming everyone else does it. He's wrong and so are you.

Lol, we've never tapped up a player then?

You're wrong, everybody does it at every level of the game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, we've never tapped up a player then?

You're wrong, everybody does it at every level of the game .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't fly them to a nearby city to meet the manager and I'm sure no other clubs are silly enough to do that either !