Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

Barklay not good enough

Mirallas not good enough

Anyone at Everton good enough? Bearing in mind they finished 16 points above us last season.

Ok troll, i don`t rate either, my opinion....

I am not interested in Everton or any other club really unlike you who seem to love everything not sfc....

Conte will be delighted to miss out on another target.

Conte must be having kittens. This window has been a disaster for Chelsea.....although it's an opportunity for them to actually use their flaming young players, of which they have tons.

Why are Everton fluffing around trying to get Lucas Perez? They've spent a lot this summer, bought in some good players, but they've made a right mess of the striker situation in my opinion......this could come back to bite them.

When they were linked with a Costa loan, I was a bit worried... hopefully that has gone away.

Man City have made a 2nd bid of £60m for Sanchez.

For a player with just 1 year left on his contract, Arsenals money men will have trouble looking away from that...

To be fair any club would be mad to turn down that wit ha year left. The wold of transfers has gone crazy and to think we get rid with 2 years remaining to avoid that situation.

Man City have made a 2nd bid of £60m for Sanchez.

For a player with just 1 year left on his contract, Arsenals money men will have trouble looking away from that...

city will have too many first team players in that position.

Sanchez will be a first pick too

it seems that Jesus lad is also.....

Interesting, an agent is on the radio talking about how football transfers work.

he said, MOST clubs (including the very top clubs) will bring in funds from financial institutions to pay for players against TV money that is paid over the season(s)

he said this the case depsite what people think that clubs are awash with cash.

Financial institutions are offering very good rates to premier league clubs

He also said there is a will from the power brokers to change the transfer window model that it is now

one idea gaining traction is the widow shutting across UEFA on August 1st

Daniel Levy is renowned to make his signings on Deadline day. Usually when other clubs are at the same level and NOT located in or near London (which is a massive draw for players). Levy will get a better deal for Spurs doing this, which is important as they fund their new ground.

He mentions Southampton and that it is known in the business that with the new owners, we simply do not need to sell. If that always remains the case, who knows.

also, after 2019 he believes the 'big 6' will demand a bigger cut of the TV income and expect different tech companies to join the party (or they will try)

remains to be seen if the big 6 will get their way

the Neymar deal has completely skewed the market

FFP clearly does not work. It is flaunted all over the place and nothing really happens

80% of player transfers in England are done through about 10 different agencies...that is it

it is well known that Arsenal are desperate to keep sanchez at all costs, even letting his contract run down

country owned clubs are obsessed with signing star forward players. It is good for the image. PSG own that front at the moment

hence why City have not come in and given southampton all the money they want for a player that would clearly improve them (VvD)

very interesting

Edited by Batman

BREAKING NEWS

Sky in Italy understand Chelsea have agreed a deal to sign Torino right-back Davide Zappacosta.

A fee of £23m plus add-ons has been agreed.

Antonio Conte wants competition at right-wing back, having failed to secure a deal for Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Interesting, an agent is on the radio talking about how football transfers work.

he said, MOST clubs (including the very top clubs) will bring in funds from financial institutions to pay for players against TV money that is paid over the season(s)

he said this the case depsite what people think that clubs are awash with cash.

Financial institutions are offering very good rates to premier league clubs

He also said there is a will from the power brokers to change the transfer window model that it is now

one idea gaining traction is the widow shutting across UEFA on August 1st

Daniel Levy is renowned to make his signings on Deadline day. Usually when other clubs are at the same level and NOT located in or near London (which is a massive draw for players). Levy will get a better deal for Spurs doing this, which is important as they fund their new ground.

He mentions Southampton and that it is known in the business that with the new owners, we simply do not need to sell. If that always remains the case, who knows.

also, after 2019 he believes the 'big 6' will demand a bigger cut of the TV income and expect different tech companies to join the party (or they will try)

remains to be seen if the big 6 will get their way

the Neymar deal has completely skewed the market

FFP clearly does not work. It is flaunted all over the place and nothing really happens

80% of player transfers in England are done through about 10 different agencies...that is it

it is well known that Arsenal are desperate to keep sanchez at all costs, even letting his contract run down

country owned clubs are obsessed with signing star forward players. It is good for the image. PSG own that front at the moment

hence why City have not come in and given southampton all the money they want for a player that would clearly improve them (VvD)

very interesting

Actually pretty accurate I feel. I dont think the big 6 wil get more money from TV though. I think that move would backfire massively.

I knew I'd forgotten a couple. That's just insane really.

Give it 6-12 months and there will be some top, top players available as they want game time.

This is why it may not be mental now to look for what we would previously think of as "out of reach" players. Like Krychowiak for example. 2 seasons ago we would have been laughed at for attempting to sign them, he went to PSG as expected and is now at West Brom because PSG wanted a new marqueé player.

Why are Everton fluffing around trying to get Lucas Perez? They've spent a lot this summer, bought in some good players, but they've made a right mess of the striker situation in my opinion......this could come back to bite them.

Having a read on their forum and they are not a happy bunch. Many saying that they have have a squad with no pace and one which is only a couple of injuries away from major problems, particularly up top.

Some of them are beginning to think that all the talk of their owner spending mega money in order to smash the glass ceiling is a load of rubbish as so far they have only spent the Lukaku money. Who would of thought it...

Some fellow from the Guardian tweeted that Lemar to Arsenal is off because there is no time to agree to terms with the player and no time to do a medical, because of the France game today.

I thought teams could just submit one of the deal sheets to the Premier League to show the transfer was agreed and complete the medicals etc after

Some fellow from the Guardian tweeted that Lemar to Arsenal is off because there is no time to agree to terms with the player and no time to do a medical, because of the France game today.

Sounds likely, they're playing at 8.45 this evening. Serves them right, they've only had 3 months or so to get their transfers done and the WC qualifiers weren't arranged yesterday were they.