Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

EVERTON REMAIN BUSY

Everton are still interested in Michael Keane, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Sandro Ramirez, according to Sky sources.

Ronald Koeman is planning a big rebuild of his squad this summer and they spent more than £53m yesterday on Jordan Pickford and Davy Klaassen.

EVERTON REMAIN BUSY

Everton are still interested in Michael Keane, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Sandro Ramirez, according to Sky sources.

Ronald Koeman is planning a big rebuild of his squad this summer and they spent more than £53m yesterday on Jordan Pickford and Davy Klaassen.

Will be interesting to see how his 'believer in youth' image goes next season, after they're done with all these signings.

Everton spending that Lukaku money before it becomes official on day 1 of preaseaon hence getting their busy done early.

I am interested in who they will get as a striker to replace him.

So am I. They are seemingly adding goals in other departments to take the burden off the front man.

Everton spending that Lukaku money before it becomes official on day 1 of preaseaon hence getting their busy done early.

They've got officials in Milan for M'baye Niang at £16m I read earlier

probably why he went to Everton with these sort if signings

But their owner has real money, plus they have players who they know are going to be sold.

Everton need to get on with their transfers anyway as they start their EL campaign at the end of July. Their players must be back there in a fortnight I suppose.

Yep I think we will be talking about the top 7 and "the rest" v.soon, they were strides ahead of us and all teams 8-20th last season and are showing the ambition that Koeman wanted/hoped for here.

Crazy to think just 12 months ago we finished 16 points and 6 places above them - that's what complacency does.

Yep I think we will be talking about the top 7 and "the rest" v.soon, they were strides ahead of us and all teams 8-20th last season and are showing the ambition that Koeman wanted/hoped for here.

Crazy to think just 12 months ago we finished 16 points and 6 places above them - that's what complacency does.

I know it is said about 1 or 2 clubs every year, and they generally under perform, but I'm rather jealous of Everton at the moment.

Showing real intent over the past 2 windows and I think klaassen is a fantastic signing, although it's yet to be seen how he will adapt to English football.

They're a couple of defenders short of having a fantastic team, one that IMO could challenge the top 6 for that CL spot.

I just hope the takeover stuff is sorted ASAP, as clubs are starting to make their move early, I don't want us to fall behind as the squad we currently have just isn't good enough.

I know it is said about 1 or 2 clubs every year, and they generally under perform, but I'm rather jealous of Everton at the moment.

Showing real intent over the past 2 windows and I think klaassen is a fantastic signing, although it's yet to be seen how he will adapt to English football.

They're a couple of defenders short of having a fantastic team, one that IMO could challenge the top 6 for that CL spot.

I just hope the takeover stuff is sorted ASAP, as clubs are starting to make their move early, I don't want us to fall behind as the squad we currently have just isn't good enough.

I’m the same - watching with a twinge of envy for sure.

Just hope they fail to replace Lukaku adequately and suffer hugely like we did with the volume of games and long season.

We had a huge opportunity to cement our top 7 credentials last summer, but we seemingly took a seasons nap while Everton added youth and experience.

If they can do this under FFP purely because his mate Alisher Usmanov's company sponsored their training ground (75m) to be called USM Finch Farm then this is making the rules a complete joke, he's basically given them 25m for each letter before Finch Farm.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/arsenal-shareholder-usmanov-sponsors-everton-training-ground-393890

I welcome Chinese overlords if they can start doing these short of shennigans.

I predict Usmanov is taking over Everton by stealh via Moshiri and when they get champions league he will sell out of Arsenal and become the new Everton chairman.

Currently he is backing 2 horses.

I'm afraid that I am the complete opposite. I look at them and think, yup, another club that just spends spends spends. Ambition seems to mean how much you can spend. Is that really what football has come to? (Yes) Is that really what you want Saints to do? Do you want all 11 players to have no connection with the club what so ever? I very much enjoy bringing players through, and the blend of bought in players that we have seems to be about OK. It was better under Poch, but times change.

I recall when City came to play us. Not one English player started, and Sterling got 5 minutes at the end. I thought that that would be something I would really hate to happen to Saints.

Sounds sensible to me, as soon they get the Lukaku money the clubs they are doing business will be demanding more............

I read a stat recently that Lukaku was involved, either rough scoring or assisting, in 50% of their goals last season. That was by far the highest in the league.

They can spend a lot this summer but if they sell Lukaku and don't replace him well then they're going to have an average season

If they can do this under FFP purely because his mate Alisher Usmanov's company sponsored their training ground (75m) to be called USM Finch Farm then this is making the rules a complete joke, he's basically given them 25m for each letter before Finch Farm.

http://www.worldsoccer.com/news/arsenal-shareholder-usmanov-sponsors-everton-training-ground-393890

I welcome Chinese overlords if they can start doing these short of shennigans.

I predict Usmanov is taking over Everton by stealh via Moshiri and when they get champions league he will sell out of Arsenal and become the new Everton chairman.

Currently he is backing 2 horses.

I agree that this deal is suspicious, but the 75m is for two deals--this one and a new shirt deal. This deal is over 5 years as is the shirt deal. Therefore, they are worth 15m a year. Very helpful, but not lucrative enough to pay for their new signings.

It's easy to look "Ambitious" when you get £150m in fees from 2 players (Lukaku/Stones). Without the Stones sale last season their net spend was under £20m.

But the money would've been there regardless, this season has proven that. Stones was promised a move the season before and he got his wish. City got the short straw there, he's been awful this season.

I read a stat recently that Lukaku was involved, either rough scoring or assisting, in 50% of their goals last season. That was by far the highest in the league.

They can spend a lot this summer but if they sell Lukaku and don't replace him well then they're going to have an average season

You're surmising that none of the new players will chip in with goals, you can see the logic in Koeman's thoughts, he's planning life without Lukaku.

I'm afraid that I am the complete opposite. I look at them and think, yup, another club that just spends spends spends. Ambition seems to mean how much you can spend. Is that really what football has come to? (Yes) Is that really what you want Saints to do? Do you want all 11 players to have no connection with the club what so ever? I very much enjoy bringing players through, and the blend of bought in players that we have seems to be about OK. It was better under Poch, but times change.

I recall when City came to play us. Not one English player started, and Sterling got 5 minutes at the end. I thought that that would be something I would really hate to happen to Saints.

Most teams everywhere have 11 players that have no connection with the club including us. The difference is our owners have the money but they're not prepared to bankroll us. Many teams have the odd local player. Be honest, we wish it was us spending big bucks.

Brighton have confirmed the signing of goalkeeper Mathew Ryan from Valencia.

The newly-promoted Premier League club say Ryan has agreed a five-year deal and joins for a club-record fee.

Good keeper that would have liked here and only one of Aussie national team that is worthy of a top half team, with first team football is a great signing.

Most teams everywhere have 11 players that have no connection with the club including us. The difference is our owners have the money but they're not prepared to bankroll us. Many teams have the odd local player. Be honest, we wish it was us spending big bucks.

Our owner doesn't have the money, there is no "they" it is "she", that is the point. I thought we'd established that by now.

perhaps their board will tell their fans they bought a charlie Austin as cover for the outgoing strikers like our board did

Everton doing very nicely.

We can't really profess to be rivals to them any more given their spending power

Five really good signings to improve them since January - fair play, that is why Koeman left.

We can't really profess to be rivals to them any more given their spending power

Five really good signings to improve them since January - fair play, that is why Koeman left.

They've sold/are selling their best players and replacing them with cheaper ones. Where have I heard that before?

Koeman "fawn" Everton "fawn". Who really gives a sh it

Everton didn't spend any money other than what they got for Stones last year. Theyre spending money at the moment but it's more than likely it's the Lukaku money in advance. But they're yet to replace the 20 goal striker that separates them from us. So i'll wait until the season starts to go all 'why aren't we like Everton?' because at the moment they're behaving just like we do.

They've sold/are selling their best players and replacing them with cheaper ones. Where have I heard that before?

They must be approaching 100m net spend since January, I'd hardly call taking the Ajax captain for 24m, Morgan from Man Utd for around the same price and Pickford for 30m 'replacing their players with cheaper ones'. Lukaku cost £28, Stones cost next to nothing off Barnsley and Barkley came through the ranks and cost them nothing. Sandro if they sign him only never went to Athletico Madrid because of their transfer ban and they're getting him cheap because of a release clause. And besides, it doesn't look like they've finished spending yet either.

HAMMERS EYE GIROUD

West Ham are trying to sign Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud, according to Sky sources.

Giroud is on a list of of attacking players West Ham are interested in signing this summer, with Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City), Michy Batshuayi (Chelsea), Adama Traore (Middlesbrough) and Henry Onyekuru (KAS Eupen).

The France international scored 19 times last season, but he began only 11 league games and Arsene Wenger preferred to start with Danny Welbeck in the FA Cup final.

The player signed a new Arsenal contract in January which runs out in the summer of 2019, but his future at the club is uncertain with Wenger trying to sign Kylian Mbappe from Monaco and Alexandre Lacazette from Lyon.

They must be approaching 100m net spend since January, I'd hardly call taking the Ajax captain for 24m, Morgan from Man Utd for around the same price and Pickford for 30m 'replacing their players with cheaper ones'. Lukaku cost £28, Stones cost next to nothing off Barnsley and Barkley came through the ranks and cost them nothing. Sandro if they sign him only never went to Athletico Madrid because of their transfer ban and they're getting him cheap because of a release clause. And besides, it doesn't look like they've finished spending yet either.

TBH the ridiculous inflation of player prices means its getting impossible to decide what is good value with regards to player recruitment. You can't really judge if they've (or anyone for that matter) has done good business this summer until the end of next season.