Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

They must be approaching 100m net spend since January, I'd hardly call taking the Ajax captain for 24m, Morgan from Man Utd for around the same price and Pickford for 30m 'replacing their players with cheaper ones'. Lukaku cost £28, Stones cost next to nothing off Barnsley and Barkley came through the ranks and cost them nothing. Sandro if they sign him only never went to Athletico Madrid because of their transfer ban and they're getting him cheap because of a release clause. And besides, it doesn't look like they've finished spending yet either.

Liverpool were in a similar boat when they sold Suarez for silly money. Whilst their replacements looked decent on paper (apart from Balotelli) they fell a long way back as a team overall.

Remains to be seen how Everton cope without RL.

Liverpool were in a similar boat when they sold Suarez for silly money. Whilst their replacements looked decent on paper (apart from Balotelli) they fell a long way back as a team overall.

Same with Spurs selling Bale. Spent big money like £26m on Lamela, £26m on Soldado and slipped down the table.

Edited by Ultimatt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/20/liverpool-edge-closer-signingmohamed-salah-roma-winger-flies/

And although there was a public statement withdrawing interest in Van Dijk and that is still the club’s position, it remains to be seen how the player himself interpreted events and whether the saga of his next move has run its course.

True but I don't think Lukaku is anywhere near as good as Suarez was. It's always difficult putting together a team after making so many wholesale changes, time will tell. Investing money in your squad is never a bad thing though, even if a player flops, more often than not you'll get your initial outlay back, especially these days. The window isn't properly open yet, we'll see where we all are in August and who's done the best business. The papers are just spouting rumours in most cases at present.

http://thesun.uk/60168WA3E

They will be so much stronger with Ake & Begovic onboard.

Why? They had Ake for the first half of the season, and probably did better when he left. And Begovic bit of a journeyman keeper. Pompey, Stoke, Chelsea bench and now little old Bournemouth.

Not saying either aren't good PL players, but one lacks experience and the other certainly isn't world class.

Why? They had Ake for the first half of the season, and probably did better when he left. And Begovic bit of a journeyman keeper. Pompey, Stoke, Chelsea bench and now little old Bournemouth.

Not saying either aren't good PL players, but one lacks experience and the other certainly isn't world class.

- They went to pot when Ake left.

- Begovic is an instant upgrade to Boruc.

There's not really much of an argument to make against it.

- They went to pot when Ake left.

- Begovic is an instant upgrade to Boruc.

There's not really much of an argument to make against it.

They went so much to pot in the 2nd half of the season that they went from 13th after 18 games, to 9th after 36, achieving 3 more points.

Begovic is ok, but not a major upgrade on Boruc. He's a decent mid-table keeper. Pompey - Stoke - Bournemouth, tells you all you need to know.

They went so much to pot in the 2nd half of the season that they went from 13th after 18 games, to 9th after 36, achieving 3 more points.

Begovic is ok, but not a major upgrade on Boruc. He's a decent mid-table keeper. Pompey - Stoke - Bournemouth, tells you all you need to know.

Great coaching from Howe & an unbelievable run from King helped with that.

Every Cherries fan I know is desperate to get Ake back.

PALACE TO GO FOR IHEANACHO

Crystal Palace will look to back boss Frank De Boer with big money if the Dutchman agrees to take over at Selhurst Park.

According to the Daily Mirror, Palace are set to confirm De Boer “within days” and will sanction a move for Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho.

West Ham and Leicester have also been linked with the Nigeria international.

PALACE TO GO FOR IHEANACHO

Crystal Palace will look to back boss Frank De Boer with big money if the Dutchman agrees to take over at Selhurst Park.

According to the Daily Mirror, Palace are set to confirm De Boer “within days” and will sanction a move for Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho.

West Ham and Leicester have also been linked with the Nigeria international.

I thought he had been confirmed as manager?

A lot of talk about spurs inactivity in this transfer window , Will they lose players and have a lean spell etc like Arsenal did when they had to pay for a new ground!

They're in a pretty good position though, squad wise I can't see any obvious areas of improvement to be honest, so its literally just a case of trying to keep hold of their stars, of which I would imagine they have the power to for all but the most outrageous of offers.

Im surprised that we haven't had a look at Ake if Im honest, looks a great little player, and probably a good deal at 20m to be honest.

As for Begovic, he is solid enough. Both solid upgrades IMHO, certainly as much as they could hope for if Im honest.

Will Hughes for £8 million seems a very solid signing to me.

Very good value there, it's not £8m straight up either. More along the lines of £4.5m up front.

Can see why we didn't go for him though, we have enough of his type of player! Good player all the same though.

Man United apparently looking to buy Matic from Chelsea for £40m. Seems crazy to me, £14m more than they sold Schneiderlin for on a 29 year old. Do they just miss having a Serbian called Nemanja in their side?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Man United apparently looking to buy Matic from Chelsea for £40m. Seems crazy to me, £14m more than they sold Schneiderlin for on a 29 year old. Do they just miss having a Serbian called Nemanja in their side?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Just another José whim I'm afraid.

SWANS IN TALKS FOR ROQUE MESA

Sky sources understand Swansea are in advanced talks to sign Las Palmas midfielder Roque Mesa for a deal worth £11m.

The Premier League club have beaten off competition from European rivals Roma and Sevilla to land the 28-year-old, who would be Swansea’s first signing of the summer.

We’re told that while the deal is progressing as planned, it has not been finalised as yet. The Spaniard has made 126 appearances for Las Palmas since making his debut in 2011.

It's sad to see Onyekuru go to Everton after Saints had reportedly been tracking him for a while, especially for as little as the £7million which is being reported. Sounds like we have missed out on a real gem who could of been a genuine Sadio Mane replacement.

Whilst I don't want to see us sign players for the sake of it, I'm not sure that I would agree with Les' words on sky this morning of only one or two players needed. The team still needs like for like replacements for Fonte, Mane & Pelle and a partner for Romeu to get back to where we were before last summer's departures. Which would then give us a solid base for a very good season with a possible trophy at the end of it!

It's sad to see Onyekuru go to Everton after Saints had reportedly been tracking him for a while, especially for as little as the £7million which is being reported. Sounds like we have missed out on a real gem who could of been a genuine Sadio Mane replacement.

Whilst I don't want to see us sign players for the sake of it, I'm not sure that I would agree with Les' words on sky this morning of only one or two players needed. The team still needs like for like replacements for Fonte, Mane & Pelle and a partner for Romeu to get back to where we were before last summer's departures. Which would then give us a solid base for a very good season with a possible trophy at the end of it!

7 million £ is still a fair old amount for a player who can't play for you for at least a season and perhaps longer.

Speculating on him eventually getting the requisite number of games for the Nigerian national side to eventually get a work permit. One to be left alone in my book.

Im surprised that we haven't had a look at Ake if Im honest, looks a great little player, and probably a good deal at 20m to be honest.

As for Begovic, he is solid enough. Both solid upgrades IMHO, certainly as much as they could hope for if Im honest.

Do you have honesty issues?