Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

SSN: Hull City have received bids for Harry Maguire and Andrew Robertson. Both players are close to completing deals to leave the club.

:suspicious:

If Bertrand is on his bike, then wouldn't say no to Robertson - perhaps with either Targett / McQueen going on loan the other way.

Stop it. You're making me imagine a summer of recruiting Tuchel & Sigurdsson.

I haven't seen anything linking us to the latter other than wishful HCDAJFU on here. He's just not a Saints type of signing. Will come with a big fee and wage demands and probably end up at Spurs or Everton.

If VVD is staying, then I would leave Maguire and continue giving Stephens the opportunity.

If he's leaving... I think I'd rather we went for someone better.

The big problem at the moment is we have no idea which of these is happening.

SSN: Hull City have received bids for Harry Maguire and Andrew Robertson. Both players are close to completing deals to leave the club.

At the end of the season, Liverpool were reportedly close to a deal for Robertson and rumour was they were then planning to go for Maguire, too. Surely they should let them sign for us first and then buy them for an over inflated fee next year?

Hmm....would be a good signing but can't see us giving him the wages he'd want.

Palace probably will. Whether they will stump up the 2 $hlongs it will take to buy him is another matter. Suspect it will have to be a loan.

They're going for Davy Klassen of Ajax instead, about £26m

For Pickford, I would guess the headline figure is £30m, but they'll probably only be paying £10m or so initially. I'd fully expect this to be a hugely installment and caused based deal. £30m over a 6 year contract isn't that bad really.

Think they are looking to sign both and sell Barkley tbh.

WBA REJECT FOXES BID FOR EVANS

West Bromwich Albion have rejected a bid of £10m from Leicester City for defender Jonny Evans, according to Sky sources.

We understand it was a flat "no" from the Baggies who, having lost their captain Darren Fletcher to Stoke earlier this month, are determined to keep their vice captain.

As reported earlier today, Leicester are close to completing a £17m deal to sign Harry Maguire from relegated Hull City with the two clubs having agreed a fee and the structure of payments, and Maguire himself has agreed personal terms and completed a medical.

Fulham reject £20 million from Newcastle for Tom Cairney. I know fees have gone up and Cairney is pretty decent but for a Championship club to reject £20 million for a player (more than our transfer record) is insane!

I guess this puts into perspective the amounts of money we need to spending this summer if we have aspirations to stay in the top half of the table...

Fulham reject £20 million from Newcastle for Tom Cairney. I know fees have gone up and Cairney is pretty decent but for a Championship club to reject £20 million for a player (more than our transfer record) is insane!

I guess this puts into perspective the amounts of money we need to spending this summer if we have aspirations to stay in the top half of the table...

I agree. I would've liked Maguire & Pickford and I probably would have assumed (£20m for Pickford & £10m for Maguire with 1 year left on his deal).

Now here we are & both on the move for a total of £47m! Bonkers!

I see reported today that Alexis Sanchez potential move to Bayern Munich is off because he wants 22 million a year in wages....

Really ? Although as they've just spent 35 million or so on Tolisso I'd not accuse them of having more sense than money.

Tolisso is really, really average. Still they've got previous I suppose, last summer they blew about 30 million on Sanches only to discover that he was just so overated that it's hardly possible.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Harry Maguire has signed for Leicester for £17m and Jordan Pickford has signed for Everton for 30m.

Two good signings who should play constantly - can only be good for English football. Definitely both over priced, but aren't all players these days, especially ones which are moving internally inside England/

HUDDS INCE BID REJECTED

Huddersfield have had a £7.2m bid for Tom Ince rejected by Derby, according to Sky sources.

We understand that the newly-promoted Premier League club are likely to return with an improved offer for the former England U21 winger, as they look to strengthen their squad.

The 24-year-old Ince is one of the top attacking talents in the Championship and scored 15 times last season, with six assists

Start the f***ing meltdown. Expect to see Alpine/Heisenturd etc drivel on here soon saying we are missing out on all the best signings and so and so has strengthened and we haven't signed anyone. Blah, blah, blah! and we'll lucky to finish 17th. There I times I regret the day over ten years ago when I signed up for a previous incarnation of SWF.

Would somebody please explain to me how Everton are able to spaff £150m on transfers (assuming they don't offset with sales) plus wages without breaking FFP rules? I thought you could only lose £25m over three years or something?

Would somebody please explain to me how Everton are able to spaff £150m on transfers (assuming they don't offset with sales) plus wages without breaking FFP rules? I thought you could only lose £25m over three years or something?

Not sure. Selling Lukaku for £100m might help.

Start the f***ing meltdown. Expect to see Alpine/Heisenturd etc drivel on here soon saying we are missing out on all the best signings and so and so has strengthened and we haven't signed anyone. Blah, blah, blah! and we'll lucky to finish 17th. There I times I regret the day over ten years ago when I signed up for a previous incarnation of SWF.

You've been on here 10 years and still haven't figured out the basic psyche of a troll? In short, they will post whatever they need to in order to derive a reaction from other people. It doesn't need to have any bearing on reality, so long as other people are talking about them. Thanks for obliging BTW.

Back to what I was going to post, decent signing for Everton that. They're certainly splashing a bit of cash early on, although when you consider who Klassen is probably replacing the pressure will likely be on him from the start.

They can't unless they are willing to risk sanctions or don't plan to play in Europe in next three seasons (after the upcoming one). They have to be planning to sell for big money. Obviously, Lukaku is the logical choice. Assuming the information on Transfermarkt is accurate, they still have 14m Euros in unamortized cost in his contract, so their profit on the sale will be reduced by that before calculating how much it leaves them to spend. So that gives them 75m pounds more to spend. If they have really spend 150m, they must have more sales planned. Or the prices are being overstated by someone with a vested interest in making the deals sound bigger.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/romelu-lukaku/profil/spieler/96341

They won't get 100m for Lukaku. He has 2 years left on his contract ala Mane.

We got 30-35m for Mane.

Textbook.

The Everton star called Lukaku scored 31 goals last season and 31 goals the season before.

Mane didn't.

Thanks for that. So when Kat talks about needing bigger investors to take the club forward, she's talking off-field investment with the ultimate aim of increasing revenue, which in turn enables more spend on the team?

Note Ronaldo wants to leave Spain, allegedly. Assuming he's not planning to wind his career down in Southampton.

But where's he realistically going?

Imagine the wages he could command in China.

Not saying he will go there... but imagine.

Will Hughes off to Watford for £5m.

That could prove to be a bargain.

Does sound a snip - but he missed most of last season with a serious knee injury and I'm not sure he's returned to the same level.

Hasn't kicked on as a player since his early promise, sadly, like so many hyped up English youngsters.

I hope the move works out for him - he's a lovely little player to watch when he's on his game.