Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

The league table didn't reflect that by quite a margin and they've improved from by buying a good goalkeeper, good defender, and various midfieldfielders and they're still going to spend by all accounts.

The season before we finished 6th and 3 points of champions league - way ahead o Everton.

Last year they spent a small fortune and could only get 7th.

We have better players than them but appointed a worse manager. lets see how the new man manages... All this money Everton have been spending is purely to catch those teams above them. We were one of them, and we had a bad season.

Everton will have a disrupted pre-season and are building a side out of mid table and relegation level teams. When Liverpool did that they finished lower, keep that in mind.

The season before we finished 6th and 3 points of champions league - way ahead o Everton.

We have better players than them but appointed a worse manager. lets see how the new man manages... All this money Everton have been spending is purely to catch those teams above them. We were one of them, and we had a bad season.

Everton will have a disrupted pre-season and are building a side out of mid table and relegation level teams. When Liverpool did that they finished lower, keep that in mind.

Good post. I don't get this ****fest with what Everton are doing. They had a major rebuilding job to do in any case; if they lose Lukaku it will cause a huge problem for them that I don't see any of their signings fixing easily. Let's wait until the window ends and take a more balanced view when we see what we have signed - better still, wait till the end of the season because IMO we massively under-achieved last year and our new manager looks capable of galvanising our team and getting them to perform.

Good post. I don't get this ****fest with what Everton are doing. They had a major rebuilding job to do in any case; if they lose Lukaku it will cause a huge problem for them that I don't see any of their signings fixing easily. Let's wait until the window ends and take a more balanced view when we see what we have signed - better still, wait till the end of the season because IMO we massively under-achieved last year and our new manager looks capable of galvanising our team and getting them to perform.

I think that's the only way you can really look at it to be honest. History tells us that replacing 1 key player with 'many' to make up the numbers isn't a guarantee. Will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

I notice they finally realised that VVD was out of their reach.....there was talk of them being all over him in January.

I think that's the only way you can really look at it to be honest. History tells us that replacing 1 key player with 'many' to make up the numbers isn't a guarantee. Will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

I notice they finally realised that VVD was out of their reach.....there was talk of them being all over him in January.

But Everton had two bad seasons under a clueless manager, you'd have to go back years when we finished above them before that. They had two bad seasons, got a new manager (and owner) there was a huge gap in points between us and them considering only one place separated us, and not a lot of points separating the rest behind us. The new owner has already spent over £100m this calendar year and he isn't finished, and shipped out so much deadwood in the process. On top of that, they're going to build a massive stadium with a 55,000 capacity upwards, if you think having a couple of better players in a couple of positions their equal more power to you but personally I don't see it.

But Everton had two bad seasons under a clueless manager, you'd have to go back years when we finished above them before that. They had two bad seasons, got a new manager (and owner) there was a huge gap in points between us and them considering only one place separated us, and not a lot of points separating the rest behind us. The new owner has already spent over £100m this calendar year and he isn't finished, and shipped out so much deadwood in the process. On top of that, they're going to build a massive stadium with a 55,000 capacity upwards, if you think having a couple of better players in a couple of positions their equal more power to you but personally I don't see it.

Their one key player will also be sold for a huge fee. Probably over double what we sold Mane for.

Looking back we hugely undersold him. He immediately improved Liverpool and of his type is probably in the top two or three PL players. We should have got £50m+ IMO.

Their one key player will also be sold for a huge fee. Probably over double what we sold Mane for.

Looking back we hugely undersold him. He immediately improved Liverpool and of his type is probably in the top two or three PL players. We should have got £50m+ IMO.

In you opinion but not mine

The players better than theirs are without doubt are VVD, Bertrand, Gabbi, Cedric, Romeu, Redmond, Stephens... IMO

So let me get this right, you think that judgement of a player is better than England management, pretty much everyone in the media and professional football scouts? Keane is clearly better than Stephens ffs.

You're comparing an England international with one that can't get into the starting line up for the u21's and someone who had a fantastic season, as captain, of a PL club with one who played well, but we still conceded a lot of goals, for a handful of games.

As for Romeu (Gueye & Schneiderlin is pretty formidable CM pairing, i'd say they're probably about level) and Redmond, it is debatable if they better. They're certainly not 'without a doubt better'.

Oh and we don't even have a true no10, so how can say that Klaassen isn't better than what we have :lol::lol:

You really need to take your red and white saints hat off and try having a sensible conversation every now and again, mate. You're more delusional than any West ham, Liverpool, Everton or Bournemouth fan (the worst, other than the skates, that I've come across) I've ever met. It doesn't make you any less of a fan or supporter to think that other players, who don't play for us, are better than what we have.

In you opinion but not mine

The players better than theirs are without doubt are VVD, Bertrand, Gabbi, Cedric, Romeu, Redmond, Stephens... IMO

So let me get this right, you think that judgement of a player is better than England management, pretty much everyone in the media and professional football scouts? Keane is clearly better than Stephens ffs.

You're comparing an England international with one that can't get into the starting line up for the u21's and someone who had a fantastic season, as captain, of a PL club with one who played well, but we still conceded a lot of goals, for a handful of games.

As for Romeu (Gueye & Schneiderlin is pretty formidable CM pairing, i'd say they're probably about level) and Redmond, it is debatable if they better. They're certainly not 'without a doubt better'.

Oh and we don't even have a true no10, so how can say that Klaassen isn't better than what we have :lol::lol:

You really need to take your red and white saints hat off and try having a sensible conversation every now and again, mate. You're more delusional than any West ham, Liverpool, Everton or Bournemouth fan (the worst, other than the skates, that I've come across) I've ever met. It doesn't make you any less of a fan or supporter to think that other players, who don't play for us, are better than what we have.

BURNLEY BID FOR ASSOMBALONGA

Burnley have made an £8m bid for Nottingham Forest striker Britt Assombalonga. Middlesbrough are also interested in signing him.

Forest signed Assombalonga for £5.5m from Peterborough United three years ago.

BURNLEY BID FOR ASSOMBALONGA

Burnley have made an £8m bid for Nottingham Forest striker Britt Assombalonga. Middlesbrough are also interested in signing him.

Forest signed Assombalonga for £5.5m from Peterborough United three years ago.

We don`t agree... get over it.. if you can, its all opinions and we just differ. Who i think is better or worse is my view, but you think yours is beyond question... that is delusion

On another note, Is Ryan still here?

We don`t agree... get over it.. if you can, its all opinions and we just differ. Who i think is better or worse is my view, but you think yours is beyond question... that is delusion

On another note, Is Ryan still here?

He thinks/thought/says that our team is better but also thought Puel was doing v.well despite finishing just 16 points below them last season.

#confused

He thinks/thought/says that our team is better but also thought Puel was doing v.well despite finishing just 16 points below them last season.

#confused

@htafcdotcom: HE'S BACK! Promotion winner @kaseypalmer45 has returned to #htafc on a season-long loan from @ChelseaFC #KP45 (DTS)

DD59BXkWAAEyEIs.jpg

(This means they will have to buy Izzy Brown, as they can't loan 2 players from the same Prem side)

That makes no sense. Surely the point of this forum/thread is to discuss opinions on what is good and bad, otherwise what's the point.

***** Stares longingly in the direction of Goodison Park *****

Not really, they're just a lower budget Man City or Chelsea. It's a long way from a guarantee that Pickford, Keane, Klaassen and Sandro are any better than Forster, Stephens, Tadic and Juanmi. They all look good on paper but they've got to replace the likes of Lukaku, Barkley and Jagielka. Looking good in relegated teams is one thing but they will have to step up big time to justify their prices.

To me it just looks like they're splashing the Lukaku/Barkley money on finishing 7th again next season.

Not really, they're just a lower budget Man City or Chelsea. It's a long way from a guarantee that Pickford, Keane, Klaassen and Sandro are any better than Forster, Stephens, Tadic and Juanmi. They all look good on paper but they've got to replace the likes of Lukaku, Barkley and Jagielka. Looking good in relegated teams is one thing but they will have to step up big time to justify their prices.

To me it just looks like they're splashing the Lukaku/Barkley money on finishing 7th again next season.

I couldn't agree more, my original post was very much tongue in cheek, can't believe the love - in from others though.

We could do with a couple ourselves, especially in midfield, but if we kept what we currently have, I'd be pretty happy going into next season.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Looks like Everton are signing Giroud from Arsenal for £20m.

Now I'm jealous :(

I'm not jealous at all. They're a bigger club than us and have more revenue to play with. They have someone willing to invest (read: lose) money in the club. I think they've made a few good signings (Pickford, Ramirez) but the others I am not convinced about (at least, not yet). And to go from Lukaku to Giroud and Rooney (on loan) is not progress for me.

I actually think they have some fantastic youngsters at the club and I thought a more sustainable / intelligent approach to building their team would be to spend big a few very good players and continue progressing the kids (Davies and Holgate look great) over a number of years. But if they are really going to bloat the squad then it'll be interesting to see how he manages all the players, even with the European games.

I'm not jealous at all. They're a bigger club than us and have more revenue to play with. They have someone willing to invest (read: lose) money in the club. I think they've made a few good signings (Pickford, Ramirez) but the others I am not convinced about (at least, not yet). And to go from Lukaku to Giroud and Rooney (on loan) is not progress for me.

I actually think they have some fantastic youngsters at the club and I thought a more sustainable / intelligent approach to building their team would be to spend big a few very good players and continue progressing the kids (Davies and Holgate look great) over a number of years. But if they are really going to bloat the squad then it'll be interesting to see how he manages all the players, even with the European games.

Bigger is such a nonsense word.

Everton are a richer club. That's it.

It can be subjective and I doubt anyone would agree on a universal criteria but in the metrics I consider I see Everton as a bigger club. Fanbase, stadium, revenues, standing in game, historical success etc. They are certainly more relevant as a club right now than us, but perhaps not by much.

Very similar size income.

We have received more TV money than them past 3-4 seasons. Far more income from transfers

Same income from match days and our commercial income is almost identical.

Everton are the more ambitious club. Thats it.