Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

Delph alongside Romeu... I´d be happy with that.

I do wonder whether "a partner for Romeu" will be this season's version of "we need a striker" from last summer where every fan says it, but we go ahead with what we have.

That'd mean West Ham miss out on another target this summer. Not having much luck over there!

Cracking signing for Leicester, but only if City don't have a buy back clause, otherwise if he does well they'll have him back easily. Can see Iheanacho as a top goal scorer in years to come.

Leicester fighting out with Everton to be most revered club this summer! :lol:

Leicester City have offered £25 million for Kelechi Iheanacho and are confident of winning the race to sign the Manchester City striker.

Telegraph Sport understands that Leicester have met the price required to sign the Nigeria international and a deal appears increasingly likely to happen this month.

As first revealed on June 21, Iheanacho is one of Craig Shakespeare's leading summer targets and the terms of a transfer have been broadly agreed between the two clubs.

It is understood that the capture of Iheanacho could become a Leicester club record if instalments are not reached on the deal which brought Islam Slimani from Sporting Lisbon last year.

Shakespeare, Leicester's new manager, has already signed Harry Maguire from Hull City for £17m and Sevilla midfielder Vicente Iborra for £12m, with more funds to be made available for the right players.

Gylfi Sigurdsson, the Swansea midfielder, is on Leicester's list but the former champions accept they face a battle preventing him from joining Everton. Swansea are demanding around £40m for the Iceland international and Everton, who have already spent well over £80m, are at the front of the queue.

Middlesbrough's Ben Gibson also remains a target after the club's relegation back to the Championship.

The future of Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez is still uncertain, with the Algeria international poised to return to training on Friday.

Arsenal have held talks with Leicester over a potential deal for Mahrez but are reluctant to pay anything over £35m. Leicester are still pursuing a fee approaching £50m, despite the former PFA Player of the Year's underwhelming campaign last season.

Arsenal's top target in that position remains Monaco's Thomas Lemar but the asking price is around £80m, which has resulted in checks on Mahrez's position.

Mahrez has already handed in a transfer request but is expected to attend training on Friday with his future hanging in the balance.

Wowsers. Leicester are not f*cking about.

Some good detail in there, including a Sigurdsson asking price of £40m as well as Everton leading the race for him.

Hell of a signing that will be, IMO. Like him a lot.

Have you seen much of him? A lot of hype as at City rather than genuine appraisal IMO. Having said that would've liked us to have him but didn't really deliver from what I saw last season. Really big clubs don't often let gems go.

Have you seen much of him? A lot of hype as at City rather than genuine appraisal IMO. Having said that would've liked us to have him but didn't really deliver from what I saw last season. Really big clubs don't often let gems go.

Apart from Kdb, Matic, Pogba and Lukaku

LOL - FFP is basically non existent these days, and Everton building a 60k stadium too I think?

FFP last season was a maximum loss of £105m over 3 seasons in PL, and £30m in UEFA competitions. If Everton don't sell Lukaku now they'll 100% breach UEFA FFP and potentially get kicked out of Europe (not that Koeman cares as he'll probably tank the qualifier).

Iheanacho is a very good player. £25m seems cheap tbh. Didn't he score a couple against us recently?

Good player, would be far better clubs than Leicester in for him if Man City were not insisting on a buyback clause. It's essentially a glorified loan that allows Man City to receive a lot of income which gives them FFP room to buy more players. They've also done this with Unal.

Where is all this money coming from?!?! :uhoh:

I miss the days when anything over 10m was a huge signing. 50, 60, 100m is just ridiculous. Hopefully the a55 will fall out of football soon

Remember the time Burley spent £6 Million in one transfer window and it was the most expensive spending spree in the league and nearly bankrupted us?

Remember the time Burley spent £6 Million in one transfer window and it was the most expensive spending spree in the league and nearly bankrupted us?

And part of that was funded by Coca-Cola!!! Wright-Philips, the coca-cola kid.

Wowsers. Leicester are not f*cking about.

Some good detail in there, including a Sigurdsson asking price of £40m as well as Everton leading the race for him.

As much as I would love Sigurdsson, I don't know if I'd pay £40m for him. And even if us fans would, can't see the club splashing that sort of fee. He will be 28 next season, so little resale value. Essentially we'd be paying £10m per year (+ wages) for his services. He's a great player, but surely there is someone out there who can do a similar job for significantly less money?

As much as it's annoying seeing Everton spend this money, I would note that they tend to be using money from selling youngsters (Stones, Lukaku, Barkley) to fund paying big fees for players a few years older (Schneiderlin, Gueye, Rooney). Unless they crack the top 4 in the next couple of years that strategy is unlikely to pay off in the long term.

Are you kidding me? The kid is lethal. And not only that, but he counts as home grown.

They are paying £25m for the next big thing there. And in today's market, both the goals and profit they'll make on him will make it look like fantastic value in a few seasons.

That'd mean West Ham miss out on another target this summer. Not having much luck over there!

Cracking signing for Leicester, but only if City don't have a buy back clause, otherwise if he does well they'll have him back easily. Can see Iheanacho as a top goal scorer in years to come.

Leicester fighting out with Everton to be most revered club this summer! :lol:

He seems a bit too similar to Vardy IMHO. I can see them bumping into each other. Much better to come to Southampton. :)

Are you kidding me? The kid is lethal. And not only that, but he counts as home grown.

They are paying £25m for the next big thing there. And in today's market, both the goals and profit they'll make on him will make it look like fantastic value in a few seasons.

But if City have got a £35m buyback clause on him, is it really worth it for what is basically a glorified loan to get round FFP?

JOTA SET FOR PREM MOVE?

Brentford star Jota will not play in their friendly against Aldershot tonight with a bid expected imminently from a Premier League club, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

The Spaniard held a meeting with head coach Dean Smith and Bees officials on Thursday in which it was collectively agreed he should not take part in the game.

Sky sources understand Huddersfield, Everton, West Ham and Newcastle have all shown interest in the 25-year-old - and he would be available for around £8m.

Think Inheacho would have been a great signing for us, disappointed we didn't get him. Lets hope we have others lined up.??

If we've got, and are planning to keep, Gabbiadini, Long, Austin and Gallagher, then I wouldn't say we need another striker.

If we've got, and are planning to keep, Gabbiadini, Long, Austin and Gallagher, then I wouldn't say we need another striker.

I fully agree too with this. We are well stocked in this area. Main area to strengthen imo is DM and possibly AM/WR.

If I was given the chance to sign Iheanacho for a reasonable amount (£25m seems reasonable to me) then he would be an instant upgrade on Long or Austin. Could you not just ship one of these out?

I appreciate that we are pretty well covered in the area, but if you're given the chance to improve your squad, you should take it.

A buy back clause would be a worry If it's priced right (set at lets say c£50m) and guarantees you at least 2 seasons with the player it's not too bad. Of course there is the possibility of him being worth over that in 2 years time, but surely it is better to have the player for 2 seasons and make £25m on it then him go to a rival?

If I was given the chance to sign Iheanacho for a reasonable amount (£25m seems reasonable to me) then he would be an instant upgrade on Long or Austin. Could you not just ship one of these out?

I appreciate that we are pretty well covered in the area, but if you're given the chance to improve your squad, you should take it.

A buy back clause would be a worry If it's priced right (set at lets say c£50m) and guarantees you at least 2 seasons with the player it's not too bad. Of course there is the possibility of him being worth over that in 2 years time, but surely it is better to have the player for 2 seasons and make £25m on it then him go to a rival?

We need to stop thinking about "value" and start thinking practical! If we signed him for £25 million, he stayed for two seasons, and scored 40 goals, I'd say that would be priceless! So what if city could buy him back for "only" £35 million after two years. It's the goals that are important not the "value" that posters are getting hung up on. The club seem to be brain washing fans into thinking value for money rather than quality is the most important thing. We should only be looking at players now who improve our first team, not young squad players who are unproven.

Sign a proper DM and AM that'll be us done for the close season.

Do it early so they can train and gel, not leave it late like we always seem to so we start the season on the back foot.

We need to hit the ground running this season with our "easier" early fixtures. Last thing we need is to rock up like we did against Sunderland and Watford and play like strangers.

On the other hand if we can get in someone better and ditch Austin or Long it's a no brainer. The whole plan is to recruit players who are better than the ones you have surely?

@SkyKaveh: Everton interested in signing Leicester City winger Demarai Gray. Scored twice for England at Under 21 Euros last month

Not sure how happy he is competing with, Mirallas, Bolasie, Lennon, Morgan, McCarthy, Lookman, Gueye, McGeady, Davies, Barry and Besic over 4/5 spaces in their team.

I understand what you're saying, but can see Long leaving. Don't disagree about central midfield either, I think we could do with a strong holding playe.

As for value? I think £25m is the new £15m because if all the silly money sloshing around in the PL. Looks like a typical Saints signing to me. Come for 2/3 years then move on to CL.

Breaking News: Chelsea have matched United's £75 million bid for Lukaku. That'll truly F*"£ off some United fans if Chelsea get him.

Here's the Telegraph's "exclusive" on this. Sounds like Chelsea are trying to paint the player's agent into a corner...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/07/chelsea-match-manchester-uniteds-offer-romelu-lukaku-leaving/

Lukaku from Chelsea to Everton for £28m?

Plus Rooney apparently.

I understand them shifting Rooney on, but I read somewhere that they are paying up his £15m remaining on the contract. Can't understand that, as they could just as well keep him for the year. Only explanation is that it is a makeweight in the Lukaku deal, which make Lukaku f...ing expensive. £75m rising to £90m with add-ons. Rooney's £15m last year's wages, effectively making him a free agent and writing off, say, another £15m in what they might have got as a transfer fee.

I understand them shifting Rooney on, but I read somewhere that they are paying up his £15m remaining on the contract. Can't understand that, as they could just as well keep him for the year. Only explanation is that it is a makeweight in the Lukaku deal, which make Lukaku f...ing expensive. £75m rising to £90m with add-ons. Rooney's £15m last year's wages, effectively making him a free agent and writing off, say, another £15m in what they might have got as a transfer fee.

L'Equipe says about 10 million for the Rooney part of the deal, I am not sure however that their source isn't just the Guardian.

Also apparently Chelsea wouldn't pay Raiola's extortionate cut but were ready to match everything else, price+ player.

That's ridiculous, it just shows you how much clout United have in the transfer market, they've effectively paid £75m with £15m addons and funded the Rooney's wages because he's taking a pay cut to move to Everton. So it's £90m to Everton and Rooney on a free on reduced wages, the world's gone mad. Now we'll get to see if the £90m Everton have already spent is the Lukaku money, if not, time for people to reassess.