Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

Wtf! Walker for over 50m.. What will VVD be worth now??

Bertrand 50+millions too then

£100m if you throw in Stones. Insane.

And another £75m+ on Mangala and Otamendi. I know who we should be flooding VVD to!

If we're being realistic, even a little optimistic, we can compete for 6th every now and then, challenge 7th in a good season, generally come 8th/9th. What's the prize money per place, £2m?

Our squad is young and improving. We've never had Gabbiadini and VVD at the same time. We'll hope more are in form under the new manager. We'd hope to score more. So I can see this squad coming 8th, and getting nearer 7th than last season. While we all like signings, is it actually worth spending £30m+ on having a slightly better chance of finishing 7th?

Generally agree. Normally I'd say attacking midfielders who score goals are "worth their weight in gold", but looking at the current figures, I'm not so sure anymore!

What I would say though, is that while snaring a top quality AM might cost an amount way beyond what we could or should be spending, I wonder if a decent industrious central/defensive midfielder would be. I know we miss goals from midfield, but if it's too difficult to buy them, I'd like to see us bolster the general strength of it and give a bit more freedom to the likes of Redmond/Boufal/Tadic. Still hopeful that Hojbjerg could do a job in that sense, but less so Clasie (even though he had a couple of decent games last season).

He's not that good!

I've always been a big fan of his but christ he's not £40m+. Set piece expert who will score a few goals. For £40m+ even in this market I'd expect someone who'll score double that. We should have signed him when he was at Reading years ago. In this market far better to just stick with Tadic/Boufal/JWP in that sort of role. Let the other clubs waste all their money.

It doesn't matter how good he is, it's what he's worth to Swansea. Why shouldn't they squeeze as much out for themselves.

He was their best player the last few seasons and they have to replace him with someone that can help keep them in the Premier League. £50m will help purchase two or three decent players that can help in that regard.

It doesn't matter how good he is, it's what he's worth to Swansea. Why shouldn't they squeeze as much out for themselves.

He was their best player the last few seasons and they have to replace him with someone that can help keep them in the Premier League. £50m will help purchase two or three decent players that can help in that regard.

From a Swansea perspective, a sound logic, and probably the sort we should be taking when it comes to selling our best players. Especially as the entire market seems to have inflated by about 75% since last season. However, from a buyer's perspective, adriansfc is probably right - I'm not sure I'd want Saints to splash in excess of £40m on him.

If the only player we signed this summer (an no one leaves) was Gylfi and it cost 40-50m I could live with that!! It would send a very positive message out...

Why would he leave Swansea to sign for Saints though, that's a sideways move in anyone's book. Especially when better clubs are pursuing him. Anyway the idea of Saints paying even 40 million for one player is just a non starter. We sell for that price, we don't buy.

Edited by Window Cleaner

If the only player we signed this summer (an no one leaves) was Gylfi and it cost 40-50m I could live with that!! It would send a very positive message out...

Agree but if Everton are struggling to get him we have no chance.

I would be happy with 1 or 2 decent signings without actually flogging someone first - you know, some actual investment.

Maybe all teams from Liverpool should be banned from the PL until they learn to play nice ...I can live with that :D

Can we find a reason to ban all the teams from London and Manchester too? Will be fun!*****il other teams find a reason to ban us)

HAMMERS' NEW ARNAUTOVIC BID

West Ham will make a third bid for Stoke City winger Marko Arnautovic when the time is right, according to Sky sources.

They have already had two bids rejected - £15m and £20m - while Arnautovic has handed in a transfer request and we are told he wants to move to West Ham.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAMMERS CLOSE ON HART

West Ham close to agreeing deal to sign Joe Hart on loan from Manchester City, Sky sources understand.

He will undergo a medical tomorrow with the deal initially being a loan with the option to buy.

Depends how much it will cost them really.

Exactly. The Cucster was never gonna win PL player of the year but he did a job and always gave 100%. Nothing wrong with him as deep cover at RB and he can come round my house for tea any time he likes.

He's earned more than the rest of us (unless one of you is a secret millionaire) will earn in a lifetime from being a bang average footballer. Good luck to him.

Average by what standards? Average compared to all footballers currently living in England? I think he is well above that. Average compared to all professional footballers in the world? I think he is well above that too. Average compared to all professional footballers in England? Again, he is above that. Average compared to starting Premier League right backs? That is a tougher one, but if he is, that is still pretty good and well worth being well paid.