Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

Worth a thread discussing what everyone else is up to.

According to the Beeb United have 'not offered' Zlatan a new contract, which I find surprising. Their second top scorer in the league was Mata with 6 goals.

He's out for a good year though, he'll probably sign one when he's back fit.

He's out for a good year though, he'll probably sign one when he's back fit.

Although money seems to be no object, I expect ManU are probably relieved he hadn't signed the contract extension offered. His wages would probably have cost about £12m whilst recovering from that injury, and at 36 years of age no guarantee he would ever be the same player again. The other side of the coin of freedom of contract.

Not sure about Eddie Howes proposed signings, John Terry and Jermaine Defoe, especially Defoe on a rumoured 3 year deal at 34 years old. I suppose if it keeps them up then the gamble would be worth it.

Not sure about Eddie Howe's proposed signings, John Terry and Jermaine Defoe, especially Defoe on a rumoured 3 year deal at 34 years old. I suppose if it keeps them up then the gamble would be worth it.

Maybe Eddie Howe has a copy of the Laurie MacMenemy Handbook of Football Management. Buy them old and keep them going.

Not sure about Eddie Howes proposed signings, John Terry and Jermaine Defoe, especially Defoe on a rumoured 3 year deal at 34 years old. I suppose if it keeps them up then the gamble would be worth it.

I think JT's legs are shot to be honest. Think he might offer more of the field than on it, not sure that Bournemouths budget stretches to that kind of signing really.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Although money seems to be no object, I expect ManU are probably relieved he hadn't signed the contract extension offered. His wages would probably have cost about £12m whilst recovering from that injury, and at 36 years of age no guarantee he would ever be the same player again. The other side of the coin of freedom of contract.

Five live were reporting he was on a basic 19 million per year plus bonuses of another 4-5 million.

Very interested to see how much they spend this summer. (They'll have the Lukaku money as well).

They will do well to replace Lukaku - top goal scorers like that a few and fair between.

Think Koeman will do very well to finish top 12 next season with the squad transition and Europe. Wonder if they will sacrifice the league for a run at Europe ala Leicester

They will do well to replace Lukaku - top goal scorers like that a few and fair between.

Think Koeman will do very well to finish top 12 next season with the squad transition and Europe. Wonder if they will sacrifice the league for a run at Europe ala Leicester

Hahahahahahahhahahaha

Hypocrite alert!! you said we should be much better than that with the same issues....

Hahahahahahahhahahaha

Hypocrite alert!! you said we should be much better than that with the same issues....

I'm assuming Everton will qualify from there Europa group (to knockouts) assuming of course they get a nice draw like we did.

Would be a big ask for Koeman to finish top 7 4x in a row no?

Time will tell i guess

I'm assuming Everton will qualify from there Europa group (to knockouts) assuming of course they get a nice draw like we did.

Would be a big ask for Koeman to finish top 7 4x in a row no?

Time will tell i guess

I'd say it depends on what us, West Ham and probably Newcastle and Leicester do over the summer. Other than that, I don't see that anyone else is good enough to challenge.

Everton were way ahead of us last season, it'd have to be a pretty drastic fall for us/West Ham to over take them if we continue as we finished last year.

:lol:

EVERTON AGREE £30m WITH SUNDERLAND FOR PICKFORD

Everton have agreed a fee totalling £30m with Sunderland for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

The Merseysiders had an opening bid knocked back last week, but have come back in with another which relegated Sunderland have accepted.

We understand the £30m will include a number of add-ons over the course of a long-term contract.

Pickford is currently on international duty in Poland with England U21s and will undergo a medical upon his return.

EVERTON AGREE £30m WITH SUNDERLAND FOR PICKFORD

Everton have agreed a fee totalling £30m with Sunderland for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

The Merseysiders had an opening bid knocked back last week, but have come back in with another which relegated Sunderland have accepted.

We understand the £30m will include a number of add-ons over the course of a long-term contract.

Pickford is currently on international duty in Poland with England U21s and will undergo a medical upon his return.

No that we'd ever pay £30m for him, but that is a shame as I think he's quality.

It's also a shame as I had Everton down as the only club I could realistically see Forster moving to.

No that we'd ever pay £30m for him, but that is a shame as I think he's quality.

It's also a shame as I had Everton down as the only club I could realistically see Forster moving to.

Someone will have Forster I'm sure, I thought he'd be going there too, they're obviously more ambitious. :uhoh:

Fair play to Everton, looks like they are going to really go for it, although I suspect they are spending the Lukaku money they are going to get.

£30m for Pickford is massively overpriced though, which for me is a good thing as it's only driving the price up for VVD.

Fair play to Everton, looks like they are going to really go for it, although I suspect they are spending the Lukaku money they are going to get.

£30m for Pickford is massively overpriced though, which for me is a good thing as it's only driving the price up for VVD.

They might have even have some Barkley money to spend as well. I fully expect them to get Sigurdsson too.

I must've missed something about Pickford. I remember seeing a few of his performances early on in the season and not being overawed, but I guess a lot can change over the course of a season. Regardless, still thought Moyes was taking the pish when he quoted (~)35 million a few weeks ago.

I think that will include add ons, to advance or at least hold your own you have to spend these days and look out for the next generation of stars.

They might have even have some Barkley money to spend as well. I fully expect them to get Sigurdsson too.

They're going for Davy Klassen of Ajax instead, about £26m

For Pickford, I would guess the headline figure is £30m, but they'll probably only be paying £10m or so initially. I'd fully expect this to be a hugely installment and caused based deal. £30m over a 6 year contract isn't that bad really.