Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

So hypothetically if they can't shift Lukaku would they be getting in trouble with FFP? What's the penalty?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Could be wrong but from memory the 1st offense was a fine equal to half of the breach amount. Given they're in Europe they have an extra FFP limit there.

So which club do the forum experts wish we were this year. Or is it too early to know?

Close fight between Bournemouth & Everton at the moment.

Though West Ham could go on and sign 8 strikers and become the 'team we wished we were'

So which club do the forum experts wish we were this year. Or is it too early to know?

Close fight between Bournemouth & Everton at the moment.

Though West Ham could go on and sign 8 strikers and become the 'team we wished we were'

It's hard not to look on at Everton with envy at the moment, but obviously this can all change as the window develops.

They've got a good manager, good director of football, making good signings that would have improved our squad / starting 11, have a sh!t load of money (which they're spending) and they've taken our crown as best of the rest.

A few clubs showing their hand early in the window, I just hope we don't leave it too late and miss out on targets. It'd be very interesting to know our transfer budget (excluding player sales).

It's hard not to look on at Everton with envy at the moment, but obviously this can all change as the window develops.

They've got a good manager, good director of football, making good signings that would have improved our squad / starting 11, have a sh!t load of money (which they're spending) and they've taken our crown as best of the rest.

A few clubs showing their hand early in the window, I just hope we don't leave it too late and miss out on targets. It'd be very interesting to know our transfer budget (excluding player sales).

Everton this, Everton that, fawn, fawn....... Bless!!

They will be ordinary despite their " marque" lol!!! signings. Europe will find them out

Support your team ffs

Please explain how being envious of another teams transfer activity is not supporting your team?

Everton this, Everton that, fawn, fawn....... Bless!!

They will be ordinary despite their " marque" lol!!! signings. Europe will find them out

Support your team ffs

Please explain how being envious of another teams transfer activity is not supporting your team?

Everton can be judged at the end of the window. So far they haven't broken the £100million mark, which is the sort of sum Lukaku and Barkley are expected to fetch if they are sold. So if their spending stops here, and they recoup it all by selling those two, then they'll have operated just like we do. If they sell Lukaku and go and spunk another £100million then fair play, but they didn't spend anything more than they sold last summer so i'd be surprised if they did this one.

Everton can be judged at the end of the window. So far they haven't broken the £100million mark, which is the sort of sum Lukaku and Barkley are expected to fetch if they are sold. So if their spending stops here, and they recoup it all by selling those two, then they'll have operated just like we do. If they sell Lukaku and go and spunk another £100million then fair play, but they didn't spend anything more than they sold last summer so i'd be surprised if they did this one.

I in no way look at Everton with any envy what so ever. What are they doing that is so good? Signing lots of players who have absolutely zero connection with the club. In fact, I reckon if they do manage to push Barkley out the door, then they will be down to one player that they have brought through - Davies. Do you want Saints to field a team that is entirely made up of those that are shipped in? I don't. There is a happy medium to be had, and having 3 or 4 is OK with me. I didn't like the way Koeman cut out all the youngsters when he was here, even if he likes to pretend he brought through 6 or 7. That is actually true that he did, if you count giving them a minute or 2 here or there to be "bringing them through".

They may well have a good manager, save for what I consider to be that rather large flaw, but how do you know how good ours is? Personally would have Poch back before Koeman. But taking our crown as "best of the rest". WTF are you on? Everton have always been best of the rest!! Sure, teams have sticky patches, and in the late 1990s they weren't great. But since 2000 (when they were still crap), they have finished - 16, 15, 7, 17, 4, 11, 6, 5, 5, 8, 7, 7, 6, 5, 11, 11, 7

I in no way look at Everton with any envy what so ever. What are they doing that is so good? Signing lots of players who have absolutely zero connection with the club. In fact, I reckon if they do manage to push Barkley out the door, then they will be down to one player that they have brought through - Davies. Do you want Saints to field a team that is entirely made up of those that are shipped in? I don't. There is a happy medium to be had, and having 3 or 4 is OK with me. I didn't like the way Koeman cut out all the youngsters when he was here, even if he likes to pretend he brought through 6 or 7. That is actually true that he did, if you count giving them a minute or 2 here or there to be "bringing them through".

They may well have a good manager, save for what I consider to be that rather large flaw, but how do you know how good ours is? Personally would have Poch back before Koeman. But taking our crown as "best of the rest". WTF are you on? Everton have always been best of the rest!! Sure, teams have sticky patches, and in the late 1990s they weren't great. But since 2000 (when they were still crap), they have finished - 16, 15, 7, 17, 4, 11, 6, 5, 5, 8, 7, 7, 6, 5, 11, 11, 7

They have to replace the two players who are, arguably, their most potent. We've had enough trouble replacing Mané and Pelle. No-one knows if Klassen and Sandro will cut it.

Keane only replaces one of the aging Jagielka and Williams, who will both struggle to play two games a week imo. Pickford looks good, but had ample opportunity to shine last season.

Everton will clearly be top half, at least, but they are not guaranteed the "Best of the Rest" league title.

They have to replace the two players who are, arguably, their most potent. We've had enough trouble replacing Mané and Pelle. No-one knows if Klassen and Sandro will cut it.

Keane only replaces one of the aging Jagielka and Williams, who will both struggle to play two games a week imo. Pickford looks good, but had ample opportunity to shine last season.

Everton will clearly be top half, at least, but they are not guaranteed the "Best of the Rest" league title.

So who are you envious of them signing? as the striker is not better than what we have and nor is Keane, and Lukaku is on his way

Keane is a lot better than Yoshida and Stephens. So yes, he is better than what we have.

Pickford is arguably better than Forster (I don't think there is a great deal in it personally).

Klaassen yet to be tested in the PL, but he is better than any no10 we have.

Ramierz looks a player, he'd improve our squad.

Schneiderlin would have improved us.

Their manager is probably (say probably as yet to be tested, but FWIW I'm pretty optimistic about ours) is better than what we have.

They have an owner who has a lot of money and is showing some real ambition to push them on to the next level.

So who are you envious of them signing? as the striker is not better than what we have and nor is Keane, and Lukaku is on his way

Keane is a lot better than Yoshida and Stephens. So yes, he is better than what we have.

Pickford is arguably better than Forster (I don't think there is a great deal in it personally).

Their manager is probably (say probably as yet to be tested, but FWIW I'm pretty optimistic about ours) is better than what we have.

They have an owner who has a lot of money and is showing some real ambition to push them on to the next level.

You might want to bear in mind we haven't yet bought anyone who is first team ready, so it's really a bit early to call all this. The best you can say is they're getting their business done early.

You might want to bear in mind we haven't yet bought anyone who is first team ready, so it's really a bit early to call all this. The best you can say is they're getting their business done early.

This is a fair point - However you cannot deny that at the moment, they are a more attractive club to join than us.

If you were to look at who is more likely to break into the top 4 out of us or them, any neutral would say them.

This is a fair point - However you cannot deny that at the moment, they are a more attractive club to join than us.

If you were to look at who is more likely to break into the top 4 out of us or them, any neutral would say them.

Definitely!!

And thats frustrating as we have seemingly stood still and allowed them to very simply bump us from best of rest spot. No fight, no resistance just stepped aside.

We are now closer to AFCB and WHU than we are to the top 7 IMHO

Definitely!!

And thats frustrating as we have seemingly stood still and allowed them to very simply bump us from best of rest spot. No fight, no resistance just stepped aside.

We are now closer to AFCB and WHU than we are to the top 7 IMHO

Read my first post. I said:

As it stands a number of clubs are showing their hand and are arguably building a better squad than us.

Read my first post. I said:

As it stands a number of clubs are showing their hand and are arguably building a better squad than us.

Seems some fans still haven't realised our change in business model last year to lock down everyone on long contracts and bring in stability rather than the yearly player turnover. Money was spent last season on renewals, this season hopefully the investment is made into first XI signings.

Seems some fans still haven't realised our change in business model last year to lock down everyone on long contracts and bring in stability rather than the yearly player turnover. Money was spent last season on renewals, this season hopefully the investment is made into first XI signings.

I have realised this, but I've also realised our squad isn't good enough to compete with the top 7 (if that's where we really want to be).

We're not far off, but we need at least 3 key players (CB, DM, AM) if we want to put any pressure on, IMO.

I have realised this, but I've also realised our squad isn't good enough to compete with the top 7 (if that's where we really want to be).

We're not far off, but we need at least 3 key players (CB, DM, AM) if we want to put any pressure on, IMO.

Agree. We need quality not quantity.

Bednarek was cheap and kind of makes sense but if he is the only CB we sign (assuming VVD doesn't go) then effectively we have replaced our captain and proven PL centre back with a rookie.

Thats not how you put pressure on the top sides.

Of Everton's signings, Pickford, Keane and Klassen will all start the first game and be fixtures in their starting XI.

Thats what we need now. No more squad players but 3 signings who are better than what we have who can go straight into our lineup.

Even one signing, a quality partner for Romeu, would do me if we were not to lose anyone else.

Agree. We need quality not quantity.

Bednarek was cheap and kind of makes sense but if he is the only CB we sign (assuming VVD doesn't go) then effectively we have replaced our captain and proven PL centre back with a rookie.

Thats not how you put pressure on the top sides.

Of Everton's signings, Pickford, Keane and Klassen will all start the first game and be fixtures in their starting XI.

Thats what we need now. No more squad players but 3 signings who are better than what we have who can go straight into our lineup.

Even one signing, a quality partner for Romeu, would do me if we were not to lose anyone else.

Agree with this. I reckon we'll struggle a lot less for goals this season, especially with a lot of our attacking players getting a full preseason under their belt. I don't think we need lots of squad additions, just one or two good ones here or there. This season might see the revival of Hojbjerg and Clasie along with young players coming through the ranks.

Exciting season coming up I reckon!

Agree with this. I reckon we'll struggle a lot less for goals this season, especially with a lot of our attacking players getting a full preseason under their belt. I don't think we need lots of squad additions, just one or two good ones here or there. This season might see the revival of Hojbjerg and Clasie along with young players coming through the ranks.

Exciting season coming up I reckon!

CHARLIE TAYLOR TO BURNLEY?

Sky sources: Leeds United left-back Charlie Taylor is close to signing for Burnley. Taylor is out of contract but Leeds will be due a compensation fee.

We are told he’s had a medical and the move should be completed this week.

CHARLIE TAYLOR TO BURNLEY?

Sky sources: Leeds United left-back Charlie Taylor is close to signing for Burnley. Taylor is out of contract but Leeds will be due a compensation fee.

We are told he’s had a medical and the move should be completed this week.

In you opinion but not mine

The players better than theirs are without doubt are VVD, Bertrand, Gabbi, Cedric, Romeu, Redmond, Stephens... IMO

The players better than theirs are without doubt are VVD, Bertrand, Gabbi, Cedric, Romeu, Redmond, Stephens... IMO

The league table didn't reflect that by quite a margin and they've improved from by buying a good goalkeeper, good defender, and various midfieldfielders and they're still going to spend by all accounts.

The league table didn't reflect that by quite a margin and they've improved from by buying a good goalkeeper, good defender, and various midfieldfielders and they're still going to spend by all accounts.

It also didn't reflect the amount of games we played more than them

It also didn't reflect the amount of games we played more than them

Everton remind me of spurs when they spent the Bale money on a load of players.

Lukaku deal done, but Everton requested they wait before announcing it so they can avoid the Andy Carroll effect?

Everton remind me of spurs when they spent the Bale money on a load of players.

Lukaku deal done, but Everton requested they wait before announcing it so they can avoid the Andy Carroll effect?

The season before we finished 6th and 3 points of champions league - way ahead o Everton.

Last year they spent a small fortune and could only get 7th.

We have better players than them but appointed a worse manager. lets see how the new man manages... All this money Everton have been spending is purely to catch those teams above them. We were one of them, and we had a bad season.

Everton will have a disrupted pre-season and are building a side out of mid table and relegation level teams. When Liverpool did that they finished lower, keep that in mind.